1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone still peeved at Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Realjad, Dec 7, 2013.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So we've heard plenty of b****ing .... Anyone actually have a solution or do people just like whining. He's got to fully commit on a nightly basis to take this team to the next level. Great now can we move on or is there really that much more to discuss????

And yes Harden does get a little extra flack from a certain set of individuals that follow certain basketball players. Plus the advances in technology make every pimple faced middle schooler With a laptop The next George Lucas of YouTube or Gif making.

2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Maybe you are lost. This is a rockets message board. People talk about the rockets here.

1 person likes this.
  3. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

harden was on barnes most of the night...only a few times on klay

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Its because Parsons was playing, he plays a lot better with him.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

True, but Barnes is a hell of a player as well.

Harden cannot guard active off ball players, either he learns how to OR the coaches will give him assignments on defense more to his liking.

6. adobo

adobo Member

Harden would had been got a good talk from not only the coaching staff, but also the players after the suns game. You can see he really tried in defense today.....however, he will continue to have his ups and downs, especially depending on the matchup.

The main thing is the coaching staff and players continue to hold him accountable....not only on D but on ball movement also. And I'm sure Harden holds himself accountable and thats why you can see he was really disappointed from the last game.

Harden is a young player, and still have many years of learning so ppl need to lay off a little bit on him when he has a bad game.

He knows what he needs to do and he knows the teams goals this year and todays result is a good assurance on him that if he continues to work on what he needs to improve, it will benefit the team

1 person likes this.
  7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Wait, DAFUQ ????:confused::confused:

8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

OP is saying where is the CONSISTENT effort. He's shown he can play defense. He's disappointed because now its apparent that Harden just hasn't been trying recently on the defensive end.

But, hope he keeps it up.

9. hugo2000

hugo2000 Member

Harden did put in some effort in D today. Considering his non existant D in the last 2 games, tonight's performance is much improved, and passable.
    As i said before, defense is like a chain, it is as strong as its weakest link. Just by Harden not being the weakest link, the whole defense solidified.
    As we need Harden to spearhead offense most of the time, I am actually ok with this passable D put up by Harden in the regular season. if he keeps it up, Rockets should be able to win more games. of course, come playoff time, an upgraded version of D is needed. not just from Harden , but everyone in the team.

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Anybody else disappointed in these threads?

Stop posting.

1 person likes this.
  11. MichaelG281713

Nail on the head, bro.

12. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

^^ lol..what generation did you start watching basketball?

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I could really give two ****s.

I have watched both McGrady and Yao crumble into dust, both their careers done by age 30. Their bodies unable sustain the grueling NBA seasons.

If not playing defense 2 out of 3 nights prolongs Harden's career 5 years, and we still get max effort in the playoffs and a decent seed every year, I am ALL about it.

Role players are another story. They come and go and can be replaced. If you are a role player and not giving 100% effort, that is a serious problem.

1 person likes this.
  14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

We won by defense, but we won big because of Harden's shot selection. You see how many 3pt FG he made in the first half, 0 and he shot only 3 times from the 3pt line. His shot selection was great in this game, a lot of jumpers around the FT line and a lot of driving to the basket. Many more Harden games like this against Warriors, we will stomp all the way to the NBA Finals.

15. Lihao

Lihao Member

i think we should be happy, he knows about his defense criticism and stepped up his game against Warriors . Let's hope he can keep it up , OP should create this thread if he didn't put in effort again next time, but not now.

16. Lihao

Lihao Member

this is one of the biggest crap i've ever heard

17. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I don't think any rotational players had escaped from my criticisms but Harden's woeful D wasn't one of them.

If McHale wants Harden to d-up, reduce his minutes! It's that simple. I don't believe he is condition to go beyond 36 min.

Same logic applies with working hours vs efficiency. Everyone's optimal hours varies. Harden just happened to lose his focus faster than others. This is one of the talents that separates Pop from the rest; knowing his players limits and thresholds and utilizing his players to the fullest.

18. N/A

N/A Member

You're exactly what's wrong with the herd mindset. He's a superstar! He can do whatever he wants!.....(facepalm) He finally had a great game on both ends. Let's wait to celebrate with fireworks, ok?

19. InvizTJ

InvizTJ Member

Harden guarded Barnes really well that game, but only when it was on-ball defense. I've noticed he lost Barnes easily when playing off-ball defense. Harden needs to improve his awareness on the defensive end.

20. hugo2000

hugo2000 Member

Even top talent like King James has to play D.
    If Harden play D only 2 out of 3 night, there will be no playoff to talk about.