1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cowboy_Bebop, Feb 26, 2013.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nbp3Ra3Yp74" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. SexyButIgnorant

Movie with Spider-Man, electro, rhino, goblin, Emma stone, oscorp + vulture wings and doc oc tentacles?!

I'm scared of the same thing with batman vs superman, that is, massive overkill with characters introduced and little time to flesh out. We shall see though, action certainly looks explosive

3. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Certainly has the potential for over kill. The trailer looks pretty cool, but introducing multiple super villains for the first time in one movie usually reduces the threat and impact of all of them.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the first movie was a chore to watch. Probably won't watch this.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

First movie was laughable at times. This looks better, but the number of villains is almost surely going to be overkill. Basically reminds me of what Raimi's Spiderman 3 was.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah, that's what I got worried about. Electro and RHino I thought, ok. But seeing the other references...that might be a bit much. With that being said, some of that could just be shout outs to future endeavors or lead-ins to the next one.

7. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I'm pretty sure the doc oct arms and vulture wings are just foreshadowing, but Rhino, Electro and goblin are confirmed, which just reminds me too much of how the villains were poorly executed in spiderman 3.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

My goodness, y'all comic book nerds can never just watch a )$*&^(# MOVIE without even just dissecting every freaking plot and character flaw... ****. :rolleyes:

Who cares what the comic books had or didn't have? This is an adaptation and a 'based-on' movie. Just go watch the dang movie and be done with it. :p

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I personally enjoyed the first movie. I thought it was better than damn near every movie in the first trilogy (I can't...****ing...stand toby maguire). Really interested to see what they do in this one, I don't know how "overkill" one can be reintroducing characters that people are familiar with (goblin/doc oc). Does seem like there's a lot going on, but this will probably be another 2 and a half hour movie. I'm interested.

10. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

You don't have to be a comic book nerd to realize that this movie seems incredibly crammed & could be at risk for some major overkill.

Doesn't seem like they learned from the past series.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I usually like Dane Dehaan, but he looked like he was trying WAYYYYY too hard to be all dark, gritty, and evil. Just the trailer, but still. Every scene they showed of him just gave off that vibe.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

MEcha-Rhino?

Not sure I like the look of it

Rocket River

13. Outlier

Outlier Member

I can't believe anyone actually thinks the first Spiderman with Garfield was any good. It was the worst superhero movie i've seen in a while. Raimi's first two Spidey movies were leaps and bounds better, even if y'all dislike Tobey.

14. SexyButIgnorant

What didn't you like about it? I remember it got a 73 percent on RT so I know I wasn't alone in liking it. Certainly wasn't the best movie, but it wasn't bad either.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Garfield is a much better fit at being Peter Parker / Spider-Man than Tobey. Though I will grant that Garfield is slightly too handsome to be nerdy Parker.

16. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

This. And I know literally nothing about the comics.

Anyways personally, I found the first one enjoyable and totally worth a rent. Nothing more than that and my expectations are the same for the second installment.

17. Empire_Express

Thor (77%), Thor: The Dark World (65%), and Captain America (79%) were all pretty terrible, yet they maintain "fresh" ratings.

I didn't go into The Amazing Spider-man with many expectations and it was a sub par movie. It brings nothing new that we haven't already seen in a super hero movie. All off the major changes Marc Webb claimed to have made were so minor and redundant, it had no impact whatsoever on the movie.

18. Outlier

Outlier Member

Disagree. Tobey nailed the every day teen in 1 and 2. Everyone saw themselves in those movies. It made you feel like you could be Peter. Garfield tries too damn hard, and is a terrible fit. Every scene with him in that movie was cringe worthy.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Tobey was a much better Spidey than Garfield.

Tobey was Parker of comic books (looks, personality, dorkiness, etc)...

20. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

LOL. Tobey Maguire play a terrible version of Peter Parker and Kirsten is no Mary Jane Watson either. Read the ****ing comics. Sam Raimi version was fun for its time but he got most of it wrong. Andrew is a better Peter Parker and Emma Stone is a perfect Gwen Stacy and she could also play Mary Jane.

[​IMG]

They totally nailed the costume for this movie but too much CGI for my taste.