1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is wrong with holliewood

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Honey Bear, Dec 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

So my evening rendezvous was cancelled last night and I ended up seeing hunger games with a friend. First time I heard of it, but I read a review that said it was new..so against my better judgment I went and saw it.

The best part? The 25 minute nap I got in.

They basically took the Truman show, mixed it with gladiator and ripped the 5th element costumes for a billion dollar franchise. The screenplay was outright plagiarism like every other big budget movie in the last 15 years, and on top of it all, you guys ate it up.

They threw in a little character plot so guys like you could relate to pita bread, the love able loser, but holliewood is urinating all over you. And you guys pay them good money to do it. You bunch of freaks..

It's time to teach your kids some values and stop going to these remakes and reboots.

Absolutely pathetic compared to modern pioneers in italian cinema and uk tv.

2. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

You're right, it's complete plagiarism. The film makers even stole the same title and characters from Suzanne Collins!

3. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

4. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Agreed with MG. I think they stole the idea from a book. Hollywood owes her some $$$. She'll probably sue.

UK tv has to be the worst crap I've ever seen. Mind-numbing laugh track comedies like big bang theory and two and a half men are better than most of the crap over there.

5. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

i saw dr. who for the first time.. not bad

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Dr Who? Talk about plagiarism. Every two years or so like clockwork, a similar series get started. It is like it is the exact same series, just with different actors. Like the audience would not notice. What do they take us for, fools?

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

A rare time where I will agree with Honey Bear.

People throw their money at all these remakes, sequels, comic book adaptations (the worst), amongst other unoriginal ideas, and it's just pathetic.

The movie industry is dying fast, because nowadays, with the exception of a few every now and then, people are content with making stuff that's already been made because they know it's easy money. It's disappointing.

1 person likes this.
  8. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I tried watching it and got bored. But, I'll give them that, it's a pretty popular show. Ads for it are all over London. Never seen so many ads for a tv show.

9. Honey Bear

She is a massive plagiarist and that's why Hollie gave her an option.

They knew they could throw in a few new names and you'd drink it up. And you did, like the 14 yr old that you are.

Pixar should start making real life movies, that's where the fresh ideas are.

10. Honey Bear

What are you watching? Uk is at the forefront of TV ingenuity and music. Haven't seen the shows you mentioned, but doubt they're British. Inbetweeners alone is better than anything since Seinfeld ..

11. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

this is why over the last 5 years I've gone from watching a movie in the theater like every week, to almost never going.

some of my friends think I'm just a complete cynic, but in reality alot of the movies coming out are just garbage. I have no interest to see any movie past it's 2nd sequel (excluding LOTR).

most of the good movies I see now are ones that were never advertised and shoved down my throat while in theaters.

sometimes I can be a little pessimistic, IE the new superman was better than I thought, and the 3rd batman movie totally redeemed itself from the horrid 2nd one, but still....tis a sad time for the movie industry.

1 person likes this.
  12. Defy9

Defy9 Member

The spelling.

13. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

.... I'm sorry, what?

14. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

what part don't you get?

- I enjoyed "Man Of Steel" more so than I thought I would.

- "The Dark Night" I thought sucked, and completely turned me off to the whole series, until I saw "The Dark Night Rises", which IMHO, redeemed the whole series.

- I end with reiterating the subject of the thread

seems pretty straight forward to me, unless you're trying to maybe knit-pick with how I wrote it originally. In which case I apologize, I'm studying for multiple upper level-course finals, and don't have the time to go back and make sure all my post are grammatically structured to your liking.

15. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

The third batman was the worst. The second the best.

16. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

well, I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on that.

maggie gyllenhal makes my dick soft.

17. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

And yet you hate the movie where they blew her up

18. Nero

Nero Member

Lol it's hard to tell who is trolling who in this thread...

the microcephalic moron who started the thread..

..or the various respondents who are trying to out-stupid the stupidity of the original stupid post...

I am choosing: D - All of the above

1 person likes this.
  19. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

glad we have normal-sized headed people here like you to regulate the flow of stupidity.

20. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

You should watch the second one. Better movie altogether. I think you are selling American TV short. Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Mad-Men, and Boardwalk Empire stack up against the best British TV shows. I do agree with the comedy part though. I have cried laughing watching Inbetweeners and Peep Show. And nothing compares to Doctor Who cause there is nothing like it.

1 person likes this.