1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Some people just like to complain.

The Rockets as a team shot 35% from the floor and NO one shot over 40%, no one was playing well.

Harden was already in the game when it was 73-71, Howard did not enter the game until we were down 81-74. No one else came into the game......

Brooks that played the entire second half of the 4th quarter took 8 shots and made 2-3 (I don't remember, including 1-2 turnovers).

Marcus Morris and Dragic were the two that really allowed the Suns to sprint from a 2 point lead to a 10 point lead..... Brooks and Beverley were already in the game.

The two substitutions???

James Harden for Francisco Garcia (that had a foul, missed shot and turnover in the 2 minutes before Harden came in) and Dwight Howard for Terrance Jones. Howard had 4 rebounds in the last 5:30 of the game.

There is a lot of upset people because they want the Rockets to be a finished product and lash out against McHale. The fact is that the Rockets did not lose because of McHale. They lost because of injuries, horrible shooting and a lack of effort. You cannot have back to back 20 point quarters if you are the Rockets and expect to win.

1 person likes this.
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I got diabetes from all that sugar coat you did

1 person likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

I will take sugar over the smell of bull **** coming off your lip.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

In denial, deal with it

5. Nook

Nook Member

RAISE PITCH FORKS!

Never let FACTS get in the way....

6. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

That was excellent timing and wit.

7. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

Mch not putting his foot down on Black Amish is going to be the difference between going on the road as a 5 6 7 or 8th seed. There already enough evidence that we keep on losing to these teams that are supposedly tanking trying to get wiggins. Wins against the cream of the crop don't mean **** if you lose to scum 2 games in a row.

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

3rd in offensive efficiency
    10th in defensive efficiency

Still not worried about a couple bad losses this early in the season. We stay in the top ten of those categories and the wins will be there and by the end of the season we will be considered one of the top teams.

9. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

There are a lot of upset people that do not like Harden, Howard or McHale at all and even if the Rockets have a great game, like the Spurs game, you will continue to see threads that bash these players. Most of them are only here for their personal agenda.

10. CP30

CP30 Member

Well said. Would rep your post if I could.

11. Jovial

Jovial Member

I'll beg Rockets to keep great McHell after the JLin trade. I'd like to see how far Rockets can go with this loser.:grin:

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

No doubt those are facts but the seed you are planting from it is far from the truth.

Selective facts it's what you're posting for the people that have selective hearing.

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

I take back everything I said about you McHale, I MISS YOU!

14. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Extend Coach McHale's contract NOW. TY.

15. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

FIRE McHale!!!!!!!! o wait...nm (knee jerk)

16. anchel

anchel Member

The point is, work from the bench is very improvable. We've seen today the Bazers offense as great example. They run some sets (not a lot, ceartainly, but some, for his allstar PG and for their shooting swingmen, and some other finishing with a 1on1 by LA) with several picks, screens, movement, that in the end, grow the chances to see mistakes from the defense. You can notice this easily rewatching the game, if you want.

And that´s what we saw from the Rockets tonight: a lot of defensive mistakes.

On the other end, everybody would say (and I'd bet his coach woudl be the first one) that the Blazers defense has looked aggressive and overall better. Well.... It is definitely more difficult to defend the offense we've seen from Portland, than the offense we've seen from the Rockets.

On the other hand... Morey hired McHale knowing already his weaknesses as head coach, and having in mind that, he tried to balance those weaknesses with assistants of differenet profile. I'd say that Sampson was suposed to bring discipline to the group, defensive mentality, and some positional offense as an experienced college coach......

Right now, the fact is that this team looks extremely undisciplined, offensively and defensievly. I don't think nobody would deny that. So.... it´s easy to take out conclussions from there.

17. chris1989

chris1989 Member

Rockets is a great team with lots of talents now. However, it seems that on half court offense, it always end up with either Howard or harden going ISO. There is no way a team can win a championship or going very far in playoffs. The game always gets very hard to watch. It looks like players just go with their instincts. There are no sysmetic training on offense at all. Nevertheless, the team still scores like no other team in the league. I think we have so much potentials here that are not fully developed by the coaches.

We definitely need better coaches.. Not just Machale. It is just too sad to see this team underachieve.

18. pacmania

pacmania Member

coaches are not only about substitutions. Its about drawing up a system both on offense and defense. The NBA game has become more complicated since the time Mchale was a player because teams are allowed to play zone within the constraints of a three second zone inside the paint. The Heat were beaten by the Mavs on excellent coaching by carlisle, the latter instituting a good zone defense to neutralize good individual play. The game becomes more complex both on offense and defense when you remove the illegal defense rule which mandated man to man before.

Adelman had a system which was readily observable night in and night out when he was rockets coach.

As for Mchale, his resume' as a general manager and coach in Minnesota speaks for itself.

19. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

You guys are crazy to want mchale gone, nba players want to play for mchale and speak to damn highly of him. SIGN HIM UP, he runs morey's offence something coaches like pop, the van gundy's, hollies wouldn't do and he is just a good guy by all reports from past and present players who can teach our young kids how to act professional on and off the court, as I said before SIGN HIM UP MURRAY

20. imaginedragons

Injuries and lack of effort -- those two things you mentioned can be attributed to coaching as well. It has been noticed how the coaching staff rides Harden, Howard and Parsons too much and the minutes they have played recently cannot be discounted as a reason for injury. Lack of effort stems from no disciplinarian getting the max accountability from everybody, that falls on the coaching staff as well.

'you cannot have back to back 20 point quarters' and simply say it's on the players, adjustments have to be made, and adjustments cannot be just on knee jerk substitutions, putting back in starters even with just a minute of rest each time a lead dwindles.