1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP PAUL WALKER

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Nov 30, 2013.

1. westcoastin

westcoastin Member

I forgot where I read it, but someone close to the situation said that the tire width of the Porsche is bigger than those tiremarks on the street.

Damn. That's awful how Paul went. Poor guy. :(

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Nah, i wasn't implying those are his, as these images were probably taken years ago by Google, but it shows that's a hot spot to race and do tricks. And cops estimate he was going 90 mph, the limit is 45 on the straightaway. Maybe he was trying to drift into the curve?

Looking at the crash site, there is an entrance to a lot right where the pole they struck is at, so you could reason another car may have been turning into or out of the lot and caused Rodas to swerve or something, as their is a slight curve prior to it that could have blocked their view, but I'd imagine someone would have said something by now. It's a one way street though, so maybe it's not that plausible.

[​IMG]

#342 RV6, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  3. ILoveWhiteGirls

So once the Porsche created that black cloud of smoke, it took 60 sec for the fire to start. At that moment I already saw like 2 or 3 cars pulling over in that video but still they couldn't stop the fire igniting. Damn Walker, painful way to go, just burnt to death.

4. dragician

dragician Member

does he look like Paul?

[​IMG]

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Fate is one cruel motherf---ker.

Wanna go for a quick ride? Yes - die horrifically No - go home alive

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I wouldn't worry too much about Walker dying a painful death....99.9% he was unconscious throughout the whole thing. Even his friend that was at the scene said Paul was unconscious when they were trying to get him out.

7. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

****. This is so sad and the brutal death just make it more unbearable. He is genuinely a nice guy with a big heart too. Why couldn't it happen to some other idiots.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

they were going close to 90mph. Hate to say it, but its r****ded and part of natural selection.

9. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o8UCI7r1Aqw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Paul Walker’s Sister Reveals Her ‘Grief’ After The ‘Terrible Accident’
    http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/12/02/paul-walker-sister-death-car-accident-racing-crash/

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I don't think most people think they were racing...but his sister didn't deny they may have been speeding, which would still be a problem.

11. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

From what I have read somewhere saying the car had some problem and was about to be pull into the garage but they decided to take a spin in it.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Out of all the comments in this thread including some of Bobloblaw's this one made me rage the most.

13. dragician

dragician Member

exactly, unless it's a racing car.

speeding fine should also be higher for rich people depending on the income. because it doesn't make sense to fine a person who owns a ferrari 200$ for speeding.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Last night I actually couldn't fall asleep for an extra few minutes because i couldn't get that gruesome accident-scene picture out of my head.

So I hate to bring this up, because I'll just perpetuate it for others, and maybe it's been mentioned anyway.

Some people said they couldn't make anything out in the picture ("who? where?") and others had to draw a circle around the victim in the photo.

I actually think you can see both victims in the photo, the driver more supine and in the lower left. Which would make Paul Walker the standout victim in the photo.

Wish I hadn't seen that damned picture, but if someone posts it, like a dumba$$, I'm gonna look.

15. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I think the Wheel of Fortune outrage is a bit much.

16. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Damn, he was gorgeous. I haven't watched any of his movies since 2010. Flag of Fathers in 2006 was the last movie before I watched Takers.

You're not only one. Actually, I couldn't really make it out (think it was my brain blocking it out) at first then I looked harder. :(

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Basically what my wife was saying last night. And that "all of that has literally gone to dust" or something to that effect.

Sad story. Seemed like a really good guy. Hell, I wish he'd been standing in Jared's when my wife and I were finding rings (was that story posted here? how he bought an expensive engagement ring for, I think, the wife of a soldier home from Iraq?)

Of course, I would've seen him there out of the corner of my eye and been selfish enough to raise my voice just enough for him to hear:

"Gosh, honey, I don't know, (ahem) it's just so expensive. You know I love you, I'd buy it, but it's not like I'm a rich movie star or anyth... Oh, hey. How are ya? HEY! Honey, look, it's Paul Walker of the Fast and Furious movie franchise!"

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Wow that must have been a horrible death for Paul. Surviving the initial impact but still badly hurt and in pain, seeing his friend die, then being burned to death. I just hope he was unconscious at the impact.

wtf

19. ILoveWhiteGirls

The disturbing part is that he wasn't. He probably first broke so many bones, there was nothing he could do, then you add the thermal injury part which is burnt alive, which makes this even more harsher than it really needs to be.

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I've stayed away from this thread and didn't know about the controversy, but I was watching W.O.F. with the mother in law over the weekend and the moment the answer came up on the screen ("The Fast and The Furious"), my first reaction was that it was an awkward tv moment.

in that instant (on the West Coast at least), a ticker came over the screen reminding viewers that the segment was taped weeks before the tragic death of Paul Walker.

it was an unfortunate and untimely coincidence.