1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brooks should enter rotation instead of Beverley.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Nov 28, 2013.

1. zhuchu

zhuchu Member

i think the best thing to do is reduce harden's minutes and take away his isos except in a few circumstances....reduce chandler's minutes....reduce bevs minutes... give asik significant playing time... keep dwight happy... do a 9-10 man rotation... play according to match-ups and form... keep improving on def and reb...

oops...that's a lot of things

2. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Brooks and Harden backcourt=defensive failure. Brooks needs a defensive partner just like Bev helps Harden. Brooks and Lin backcourt off the bench is just fine.

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I remember Bill making a deal about how no shooter who has Brooks closing is EVER going to baulk.

5. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Brooks in certain match ups would be better than Bev. I really think we are one of the few teams that would actually start Bev.

6. yummyhawtsauce

I sure hope so.

7. yummyhawtsauce

10000% agree lol.

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

Don't really buy that point. We messed with success from last year and McHale did say that things were fluid. That said I do agree that Brooks shouldn't be getting Bevs minutes. If anything play Harden and parsons less and give Aaron those minutes, but let Bev keep getting opportunities to learn and be better.

9. NotChandlerParsons

Extreme small ball. Play Harden at PF a la Kevin Martin from two years ago. McHale's just dying to do it.

10. archinkent

archinkent Member

No, both should in the rotation and Harden's minutes should be reduced.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

While Nate Nate is your 5 minutes guy, Brooks is at least a 12 minutes guy.
    If he isn't on, he probably still can slash to the basket for 5-8 points.

12. Sen89

Sen89 Member

OP is a BOH doe

13. nono

nono Member

Should enter in place of Lin.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The only matchup that Aaron Brooks is capable of winning is a wide-open three point shot.

Ideally, he should be limited to this matchup, as long as he stays on target.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm a fan of Brooks, but with all due respect to the OP, replacing Beverley with AB in the starting rotation would be rediculous, as would replacing Lin with Brooks when Harden returns. When AB is "on," you have to find him minutes, because he can fill it up. That's a perfect role for him off the bench. He doesn't hurt you running the team, but while he's improved a little, in my opinion, with his defense, he's still anywhere from lousy to awful. And Beverley "overrated" as a defender? Not hardly. David Thorpe just did a "reranking" of the top 20 picks of the 2012 draft, and describes Beverley, who went undrafted in 2012, "as maybe the best defensive point guard I've seen this year." He has him on his revised top 20 list for that year. The video is on ESPN, but the actual "reranking" is from "Insider." Check this video at around the 6:30 mark:

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:10037156&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

OP, I'd say you need to do a bit of research and digging before posting threads like this.

16. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Its great AB has been filling in with the injuries to the guards and I've always been a AB fan, however, with the perimeter D issues this team has, people are discounting the importance of Bev lately on here. You have to keep Bev in the rotation because of his D. AB should fill in here and there for offense especially if he keeps shooting and scoring well. AB replacing Bev in rotation would be a defensive disaster in the long run for this team.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Why can't we all just enjoy the ride?

We have the deepest roster in the league, our 12th man is NBA rotational level - let's just enjoy the show.

DD

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Amen to that. 11-5 and people are like "Where's all the criticism?" This is a fan site. It's for people who enjoy the Rockets.

19. quatin

quatin Member

Brooks needs some minutes. It's just really difficult to find him a spot. Because Bev and Brooks are so small, they have to enter in at the PG. You can't have Brooks/Harden, because there's no defense. Brooks/Beverly means one of the little guys has to guard a SG, which will cause a bad mismatch in some games. (imagine James Anderson vs Brooks).

The only way I can see it working is Brooks/Lin. However, this means no Bev/Lin combo, which is one of our better line ups.

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Replacing Bev with AB is just r****dation to the Nth degree. AB is a one trick pony on offense and a complete negative defensive presence on the other end. There is a reason people wanted him benched for Lowry even when he was 20/5 for the season. He is a midget SG, not a PG.