1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favourite Non-Rockets?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Panda23, Nov 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Moose Monroe

2. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

1. Kawhi Leonard. It killed me when the rockets took Morris instead of him in the draft, and has been killing me since, watching Kawhi continue to develop. If Morey had not drafted Parsons that year as well I may have gone into open revolt against the Rockets management.

2. Durant. So obvious, but also so fun to watch. His lankiness and psychotic shot making ability is just stunning.

3. The Alphabet (Greek rookie in Milwaukee). Maybe it is that he is nigerian and is wearing number 34, maybe it is he is as freakishly lanky as Durant but with more athleticism (if that is even possible), maybe it is all the POH-TENT-YALL, but I am really rooting for this kid. Look forward to when he can play more so I can geek out on The Greek Freak more.

4. Tony Allen Sorry, but I like crazy people and great defense. (and yes, I do miss Ron Artest being a Rocket).

5. Rondo Again, crazy people, defense, me=sucker for it. Also, I like good passing.

#42 HamJam, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  3. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Tim Duncan
    Manu Ginobili
    David West
    Steve Nash
    (for some weird reason) Nick Collison
    (highest ranked in love-hate) Chris Paul
    (+ most former Rockets not named Trevor Ariza)
    Also I have no specific favorite on the Bulls but that whole team is pleasant to root for to me.

4. j3i

j3i Member

In no particular order

Andre Iguodala
    Jamal Crawford
    Steph Curry
    Marc Gasol
    LaMarcus Aldridge

Keeping a close eye on...

Michael Carter-Williams
    Rodney Stuckey
    Spencer Hawes
    Tobias Harris
    Tristan Thompson

5. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Kobe
    KG
    CP3

I like seein guys compete with no fear of anything. These 3 are as good as they get

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

LeBron James
    Kyrie Irving
    Stephen Curry
    Paul George
    LaMarcus Aldridge
    Ronnie Price (Friendswood-Clear Brook!)
    Jimmy Butler (Tomball?!)
    Gerald Green (Houstonish?)
    DeAndre Jordan (Houston)
    Ben Uzoh (Houston)
    Sean Williams (Houston)
    Booby Gibson (Houston)
    Emeka Okafor (Houston)

7. 95Rockets

95Rockets Member

I like Ray Allen, Steph Curry, and Korver because they are shooters and I like shooting myself.

8. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

WNBA player Elena Delle Donne, she's so sexy, tall & athletic which is a turn on for me :cool:

[​IMG]

9. basketballholic

Fav rookies:
    Oladipo and Cody Zeller - love watching Oladipo for the highlights, love watching Zeller for his work ethic and his signs of improvement. I know he's gonna break out big.

Fav superstars:
    Paul George - dude does everything and does it with great spirit and attitude.

Steph Curry - I love shooters. He's about the best in the business.

KLove - same

Fav bigs:
    Gasol brothers - would love to see them team up. Great BBIQ and skill sets.

Fav little guys:
    Nate Robinson - dude is crazy, has great heart, plays his a... off and he's got skills and athleticism

Isaiah Thomas - tremendous player for his size

Fav defenders:
    Faried - maybe the most energetic player in the league.
    Hayes - still like watching him put the clamps on bigs, just don't see it enough any more.
    Tony Allen - right up there with Faried on the energy scale
    Rubio - an elite defender at the 1. He bamboozles the opponent's offense and most of the coaches don't even realize it.

10. basketballholic

I have followed Butler and have enjoyed watching his development and emergence.

11. CertifiedTroll

Brad Beal
    Curry
    (Marcus Smart- should be NBA player, and would be my top favorite)
    Lillard
    Paul George

12. theREALDEALkid

John Wall - Self proclaimed best PG in the league.

I like his confidence and dedication.

13. CertifiedTroll

And Giannis antedodpdkdkdnaumpo *

14. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Steve Nash for me.

Other than that, previous rockets like Lowry, Landry, etc

15. Normalus

Normalus Member

Ray Allen, Joakim Noah, Jeff Green (when on fire)

16. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Kobe Bryant
    Liked him from the beginning. Used to trade Mario Elie for him back in Live 98 (they were both rated a 78 so the trade went through). Went away from Kobe once they started winning championships because my best friend was a Laker fan. Once Kobe started demanding trades, my buddy stopped liking the Lakers so I started liking Kobe again.

Tim Duncan
    I know this one won't go over well, but after Olajuwon retired I was looking for the next great big man to follow and settled on Duncan. Always respected his game and consistency. He also put up some pretty big numbers in the 1st half of the 2000's en route to championships and MVP's.

Paul Pierce
    Started liking him during the 02 playoffs when they lost to the Nets in the Conference Final. Got his swingman jersey way back when because of that and I'm partial to anyone who wears 34.

Josh Smith
    Just a cool player who I always liked. He can throw it down and block with the best of them and has expanded his game over the years to the point that he can hurt you with his outside shot.

Rudy Gay
    Started liking him because we could have had him. Fan of his game and scoring ability. Perfect basketball body for a wing player.

Paul George
    Started liking him because I thought/wanted the Pacers to knock off the Heat. Hoping this is the year he does that.

17. davestrate

davestrate Member

Step Curry
    Black Mamba
    Durantula
    The Brow
    Deandre Jordan

18. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Kemba Walker, JJ Hickson, Marc Gasol, ZBO, Ty Lawson, LeBron,Duncan,Drummond, Jimmy Butler,Hedo Turkoglu at one point. Cousins.

19. domd221

domd221 Member

Jeff Green
    He always looks to posterize someone at least once a game haha. He also has the ability to flat out score.

Kawhi Leonard
    He's from my hometown of Riverside, CA! I actually know his godparents. He performed well in the Finals besides that one time at the FT Line.

Andre Drummond
    So far he is looking like a Dwight lite. Lots of potential. In 3 years he could be the best "center" in the league (there are only a handful of actual centers now).

Dame Lillard
    This guy is just an all around class act from what I've seen of him so far. Yes, I'm a sucker for that Twitter incident he had with a fan. Great PR move haha. Plus, he always plays like he's a veteran. Just like Kawhi.

20. today

today Contributing Member

+1
    KG don't put up with no crap from nobody.