1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any Update on James Harden Injury Status?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Nov 26, 2013.

1. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Harden should rest until full recovery. No point to aggravate the injury for regular season games unless urgency is needed to make the playoffs.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

3. jocar

jocar Member

[​IMG]

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Eww, spoiler that **** pronto

5. SugarLandDream8

Why was he playing hurt in the first place? This team has plenty of guards who can fill in for Harden. He's been hurt since training camp and avg 39.3 mpg in the 12 games he played in. In the 3 games he missed the Rockets won 2 out of 3 but could easily have won all 3.

In the 12 games he played in they're only 8-4.

Why is he avg almost 40 mpg with so many good guards on the Rockets?

It's so early in the season and this team has so much talent there is no need to play him this much and hurt.

Let him rest up and fully recover. 1 week out and he'll probably be fully healed. In that week the Rockets might play 4-5 games and probably be 3-2 or 4-1

6. DJSlik

DJSlik Rookie

jesus. nasty is right. he needs to let that completely heal. and he needs some serious antifungal medicine for his toenails. not good. bad feet lead to ankle and knee injuries. rest up james!

7. N/A

N/A Member

Harden reminds me of Rose...great talent but horribly injury-prone. His feet look squashed together (his actual feet not that pic above) and his knees have always been a problem. Whenever contact is made with his knee he's down much longer than any other blow to his body. He'll never achieve superstar status if you can't be on the court long enough.
    From a team standpoint the ball will continue to move well as long as Harden's not there which is a good thing however there is one less scorer which is bad. Hopefully he can come back strong on Saturday.

8. timyeung

timyeung Member

I think McHale is keeping Harden on the floor for too long (39.3 mpg, which is third highest in the NBA).

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/minutes

This increases Harden's chance of injury and won't allow his body enough rest to heal up.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

How is Harden injury prone or in any way comparable to Rose??

How many games has he even missed in his career? Isn't it only like 10 or so?

10. SugarLandDream8

There is absolutely no reason Harden should play 39.3 mpg when he has been injured since training camp AND the Rockets have several good guards who can play well.

11. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Sorry for picking out just a tiny part of your whole comment, but I just wanted to point out that 8-4 is the same win percentage as the 2-1 they are without him.

I get your point though. They can win without him, and resting him now is better for the long haul.

12. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

I know, I just had to tell clutchfans I ran into him

13. SugarLandDream8

I know and that was my point. They are winning/losing at the same clip with or without Harden.

For all his greatness on offense especially when he is healthy which he hasn't been all season long, Harden has glaring weaknesses such as

1. No D
    2. Led the NBA in total TO last year. Among the leader today
    3. Ball stick to him

You take Harden out and replace him with a combo of Bev/Brooks/Lin to fill in the difference and the team is not as good but not that bad compared to a team with a hurt James Harden playing 39.3 mpg

14. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Harden has missed 14 games in 4 and 1/8 seasons. That isn't injury prone.

15. SugarLandDream8

You know a lot of serious basketball fans are under the belief James Harden doesn't really help a team win more games if you replace him with lets say a Kevin Martin.

The Thuder was the #1 seed last year winning at a .732 % with K_mart replacing Harden

while there best season with Harden they were the #2 seed winning at a .712 %

16. SugarLandDream8

He's not injury prone right now. For the Thunder he was a six-man and didn't play crazy minutes. For us he plays too much especially when he is hurt.

If he keeps playing hurt he can become injury prone.

We all remember Yao missed only 2 games in his first 3 seasons and Tmac was very durable his first 2 years here.

If Harden is allowed to rest up till he is fully healthy he should be fine. If he doesn't this kind of thing can become chronic.

If Harden plays 39.3 mpg hurt with the talent on this team this is poor coaching imo.

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

No serious basketball fan would ever think that the rockets are better without harden. That's called Lin only fans or the ppl that think harden is the only superstar wing who does isos. After Yao retired we went three year trying to hype up every player from air bud to lowery and then Goran as a superstar. Now we finally have one and he's 24, he attracted the best center in the league to join his team yet he gets no respect. As if Dwight Howard would be here with no James harden. Lol get out of here if you really think that. Last time I checked NBA "GMs" voted James harden the best 2 gaurd in the league. He's been hurt this year but let's not forget that he's totally changed the culture and the team outlook going forward in major way. He took a cellar dweller laughing stock team in our Houston rockets to the playoffs in his first yr starting.

If you really think this team is better without harden or better yet any team is better without harden if they had him your totally smoking drugs and should just leave this message board.

Some of you should be ashamed of yourself for disrespecting harden. He's made the rockets relevant and a contender by himself. I don't want to hear about Lin parsons or asik. Superstar arnt leaving the lakers to come play with them but a true superstar talent does and that ps what we have in harden.

4 people like this.
  18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Now this guy should be the role model for all ex YOF/LOF's to see how he is a REAL FAN OF THE HOUSTON ROCKETS now.Bravo to you my good man.

19. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

too much wreck from one post!

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

what the hell? Harden is NOT injury prone. He's merely banged up at the moment to the point where he can't play at that 100% elite level. Let him get freaking healthy.