1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mchales treatment of Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lid1013, Nov 20, 2013.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Started a breakaway run? He had been in the game for 31 out of 38 minutes and the Rox were losing the whole way, ending up -6 when McHale took him out. And surprise surprise: Lin was -3 for the game. Only a LOF could call going from 0-0 to 59-65 a breakaway run.

2. lfw

lfw Rookie

[​IMG]

3. yummyhawtsauce

plus minus doesn't always tell the whole story. If you have harden playing ISO ball and bricking shots, and the opponent scores, then the rockets will have minus. Is it their fault? No. Harden took the possessions and didn't score. Also Dwight takes up a lot of possessions too sometimes not scoring in the post, so the game slows down. +/- can be a flawed stat.

4. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

+/- is a great stat. It's important when you want it to be and easily explained away when you don't. It's the perfect stat.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so harden's plus minus should be bad right?

6. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

relax! dude. He said "if". Nobody trying to bring down your Harden.

7. Play07

Play07 Member

Lin got the run started last night in the 4th he was fighting playing D etc. mchale wanted to rest him a few mins,but the rest of the guys kept it up so he didn't want to mess anything up.

Kinda funny that he got everyone in the beast mode, but ended up sitting the whole quarter

8. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

U must have been watching a different game

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Yes, give all the credit to Lin.

10. Gil

Gil Member

The first part was reasonable then the typical injection of LOF delusion happened.

11. Play07

Play07 Member

You sound so SAD wasn't giving all the credit to lin. Was saying he got the run & gun started when asik was in... bev, Garcia, asik, etc came through

12. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Give all the credit to whole team.

13. Play07

Play07 Member

Oh I'm a LOF now WTF ??? check plenty of my post where I would be ok with getting rondo & having brooks be our 6th man. (I like Lin) but am on record saying I DONT TRUST HIM IN PLAYOFFS with Mchale.. People like you and All this LOF LOH make things bad that people, can't state a unbiased opinion on a LIN thread. Why u lurking in this thread looking to start some stuff knowing it's about Lin, what u expect to see in here ????

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Sure you weren't.

I like how the credit to coaching goes to Lin as well.

15. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

normally I don't call ppl name here. you are the first one I have to call. you are nothing but an idiot.

16. Play07

Play07 Member

Check my post in the FIRE MCHALE thread on me giving mchale alot of credit, & some guy like you arguing with me because I spoke good about his coaching from last night. once again this is a LIN thread. credit was giving other places. I'm the same guy that was in the game thread kept saying "keep fighting CFs we got this"!!! when everyone was down on the team the 1st 3 quarters.

17. Gil

Gil Member

You claimed he got everyone "going". The man only had 2 assists last night.

Asik's defense and Parsons' clutch play in the 4th were the only reason we won.

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Don't see how that's relevant.

I'm just pointing out the ridiculous assertion that Jeremy Lin was the reason the team was in "beast mode" in the 2nd half. He was an important part of it, along with the rest of the Rockets.

19. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Edit: Removed

20. lfw

lfw Rookie

Don't worry about those guys. They are always on the LOF witchhunt. They analyze every single word of every post for a hint of LOF. They are super sensitive. lol