1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

McHale's treatment of Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 25, 2013.

1. pnr

pnr Member

Hopefully these last wins have made McHale realize that he doesn't need to play Harden 40+ minutes on any given night because his bench is capable if given the opportunity. The 4th quarter hasn't been nearly as nerve wrecking to watch because the ball movement is there whereas it would be all Harden ISOs if he were in the game.

2. SugarLandDream8

Exactly! That is why you do not bench your 6th man for no reason who Morey said was arguably the 2nd best offensive player on this team this year and last year was the 3rd or 4th best for a role player like Beverly. A player I like but who in his time in the NBA has been mediocre at best using any statistical analysis.

3. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Just close this thread. Obvious trolling. 4 stars. Seriously:rolleyes:

4. SugarLandDream8

Harden was crap in LA and played 38 minutes one game and 33 the other. That is not - sit.

Lin was not "crap" in Dallas. He barely played. He played 17 min. The 1st half he came in late in the 1st and was sat early in the 2nd. He played D, good asts, no TO. He was playing well. Oh he missed 2 shots was 0-2 and that was his night so missing 2 shots after he tied the Rockets' record for made 3s means he should be benched after missing 2 shots. I get it.

Parsons doesn't get bench. Discussed to death.

Dwight just called out the coach in the media.

5. bongman

bongman Member

Which player on the team has shown that he explode with 15-20 pts in a quarter? This is what keeps him in the game even if he is not shooting it well. He also ranks 3rd in free throw attempts in the league and he commands a double team.

I personally don't think he rode the hot hand tonight. He rewarded the players that worked so hard to get us the lead and wanted them to finish the game so they can get credit.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Okay, Lin is a victim. You got it.

7. SugarLandDream8

Exactly! This is why I'm not against Harden playing through a poor shooting night but guess what besides him, Jeremy is the other guy who can score in bunches and right his ship if given the minutes and shot attempts.

He is not as good as Harden but most likely the 2nd best. We saw the 2 thirty point game in a row. We saw the 9 made 3s in a game and this is just this season alone and it's really early.

We saw last year the same thing. Lin can score and get hot. The SA game where he scored 38 on Parker.

The year before Linsanity. Yeah you don't bench Lin after playing his a few min in the 1st half because he was 0-2 then in the 2nd half barely play him.

Players need to feel security they will get minutes. Like Parsons started the season very badly but since he knew he will not be benched and will get his minutes now he is balling.

And Lin according to Morey is the 2nd best offensive player here. McHale messes too much with Lin's mind which causes him to not reach his potential.

Lin should always get low 30s min every game unless he is in foul trouble, injured until he proves over a stretch of games he doesn't deserve the Parsons treatment.

That is all.

8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I think this a great time to debut my awesome new Mchale nickname.

Alright. Ready?

Mclady

Wait no, ****

9. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Tlacy Mclady fits better...

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That's a pretty dishonest way of putting it....

11. JamezGatz

JamezGatz Member

Haven't lol'd this hard at a post in a long time. Excellent

12. bongman

bongman Member

All of your conjecture requires the ability to read Mchale's mind. How do you REALLY know that is the reason why got sent to the bench? The problem with your analysis is you are just looking at points missed There are so many things that goes into a play on both offensive assignments that player X might have missed. Have you also considered match ups? You are trying so hard to justify your claim that you have resorted to provide selective data to show harden was not paying by showing just a few stats even though he was the best player in that game. You also had to back one year to find that data. If this was the norm, you wouldn't have to reach that far.

Parsons get those minutes because there is no other player in the team who can play that role with this current lineup. A tall small forward who can dish, drive, play decent defense, a play maker and hit the occasional 3. You can also sometimes play him at the 4 spot for small ball lineups.

If you think benching Lin messes with his head and stunts his growth, then you think very little of his mental strength. If that claim is true, you willing to admit that Terrence Jones is far more superior mentally than Lin based on how he has played of late even though he has been benched most of the time?

2 people like this.
  13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

[​IMG]

14. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Howard: Listen coach, I have an idea.
    McHale: What is it Dwight?
    Howard: I know you are too scared of benching Harden and you get all the craps for benching Lin...
    McHale: Yeah tell me about it. All these LOFs...*SMH*
    Howard: Well I am going make a comment about you not trusting the bench so you can bench me in the next game. That way you can bench anyone else you want!
    McHale: *Evil grin*

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

LOF's in meltdown mode

16. ada32

ada32 Member

This conclusively proved that Carl Herrera is a closet LOF!

We are real Rockets fan here. We don't care who played just as long we win!

Was that you at the courtside?

[​IMG]

(Jk) :p

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

great post. If Lin was as fragile as some people think then he wouldnt have even made it to the NBA, let alone performed the way he has.

Parsons gets those minutes because hes so handsome. Plain and simple.

18. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Lin fans were happy for the win. :grin:

19. rocksclo

rocksclo Member

Carl
    If we LOST the game and Howard played 17 minutes. That'd be the case for you to make. The obvious problem the complain was poor management of player's minutes.
    Against Dallas we could use Lin's scoring ability in the 4thQ. And Bev "weren't hot" in that game.
    McHale had a bad rotation which could've improved.
    LoFs went overboard, but making a thread like this IS REALLY MATURE. :rolleyes:

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I really don't think Lin played well against Dallas. Granted, I would've liked to see McHale still stick with him and let him ride it out, tough to get in a rythm otherwise, but he wasn't turning the corner on the pick n roll, wasn't really getting to the basket, i know he didnt shoot many shots but he just wasn't aggressive enough imo.