1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 11/25/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Dementium

Dementium Member

Duncan hasn't been playing well. The rest of the team though has been balling. Its going to be tough.

2. Penetrate&Creat

Asik actually came to play today. And when he does, he's a beast. Really wish he'd stay with us..

3. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

You imagine it. Where is the fight?

4. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Without Asik, Rockets would not have won. So thank God we have him.

5. brunojb5

brunojb5 Member

Agreed. Howard should post every single time towards the other direction, and he has to learn how to find the open 3 point shooter. The pass must be faster!

6. muas2010

muas2010 Member

GM hatin on Lin....he did close the game too.:grin:

7. zdrav

zdrav Member

Honest question: is there a prestige hierarchy among big men when it comes to post vs. PnR? Like, is it a downgrade to be a PnR big man than a post-up big man?

Dwight's not even that big or wide, and lots of centers are taller and heavier than him. Shouldn't he WANT to be PnR'ing and taking advantage of his superior athleticism and speed?

8. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Can you find one post in this thread of someone bringing up lins name randomly to start ***?

9. bws

bws Member

I think it was important to leave Howard out in the 4th. Not sure about Lin, he was really playing well and important to start the comeback. I think Garcia was good in adding more length to guard Prince but he fouled out, and 6 fouls is too many for his minutes played. Garcia had some good moments, but some bad ones too. I think maybe Lin should have come in for Garcia once Garcia started screwing up. Casspi should have stayed in, he was making plays and buckets. Beverley's defense was great and then he started making shots. But Bev's play was really good all game except he wasn't making shots earlier. But as I said yesterday, he's practicing the spin move and then finishing at the rim and today he hit one of those. Lin is practicing a fadeaway shot, one was short, the other was a pretty shot he banked in. I'm not sold on McHale's minute management but staying with the hot guys made sense and he showed something benching Howard. And Asik played well, he made a huge difference. But let's not forget Parsons, 8 of 9 is excellent, efficient, solid scoring. TJones had another good game if not quite as good as his previous games. Howard's game wasn't good.

10. DocRock

DocRock Member

Part of me wants to agree with this, but Nash was turned into a spot-up shooter due to Kobe + age. I can't get mad at Dwight for not wanting to set picks for guys who nearly always shoot off the screen or over-penetrate and kick to a wing.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

Lol @ old man miller, Nate Nate and Miller are killing the Mavs. Makes tonight even that much sweeter.

12. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Who cares? IGNORE those posts...

13. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

I have posted somewhere in Clutchfans that Omer Asik, if he had not half-assed his efforts during the Twin Towers experiment could have been a good four, in a TT set up with Howard, if we chose to run that set up for limited minutes.

This is a young team learning to play together.... I'll give them some more time to develop and gel.

14. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

it's true and not true. w/ asik, rox playing style is pushing and pushing. the style is the reason we won. from this point, your statement is not true. but at same time, w/o asik, we won't play this style.

i am not here to bash howard. i am just thinking howard and the rest of players are not on same page yet.

15. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

I still remember the preseason game where we beat the Spurs handily, hopefully we wiill beat them handily again.:grin:

16. Peaceful Elbow

Yes, Lin is capable of running the PnR well. But the problem is McHale doesn't clearly assign a PG role and ask Dwight to participate in it. Dwight has a lot of respect for McHale and I'm sure he will listen if McHale asks him to.

17. lfw

lfw Rookie

Lin's 1/2 FT was obviously the nail in the coffin. :grin:

18. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

Harden can sit out the next 2 games easily rest up we really don't need him

19. bws

bws Member

Bev played great defense but part of it was Conley just had an off night. Conley missed a lot of shots he normally makes. But yes, Bev made him uncomfortable and Conley never really got going.

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The coaching staff of a NBA team is a multimillion dollar operation. McHale does not handle the X's and O's. He has assistant coaches to do that for him. McHale is there to inspire young NBA players who adore him for being one of the 50 top players in NBA history. A "Leader of men". Remember?