1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 11/25/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 24, 2013.

1. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

Conley actually blew by Bev a lot had open shots but missed

2. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

but hardens our star id rather have him pad his stats a little bit when were up by 15+ in the 4th against a bad team, so ill take his iso

3. howo13579

howo13579 Member

Lin is right handed i think

4. mikster

mikster Rookie

A bunch of LOH trying to start **** using Lin's name as usual just put him on ignore.

5. Oracle

Oracle Member

Got to give it to Casspi. It doesn't matter if the team is +20 or -20, the guy always comes out to play. He never gives up. The signing of the year no doubt.

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

I don't know what was the Memphis coach thinking during that stretch their 10 or so pt lead down to like 1. He took out Conley, Prince, Zach, Allen, and had pretty much an AAU roster in there. I was like hmmm, interesting. Coach makes a big difference.

7. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

I love Asik the MVP of the game 4 sure

8. zdrav

zdrav Member

Yeah, that was really confusing. Big props to our bench, but they were not exactly playing against the most formidable lineup.

9. xm2x

xm2x Member

lol that won't work because Howard thinks he's Dream 2 with that fugly hook shot of his

10. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

? The only changes I would want to make to that diagram is moving the 3 to the right corner and the 4 to the left corner. And the 2 to the other side of the arc. Then the 1 needs to dribble drive to the right. Lin's strong hand. Perfect!

11. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Honestly I am pretty surprised they don't suck this year.

12. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

we started to click due to asik. asik got on the court in 3rd for howard while lin was still on the court. lin started to push the ball w/o concerning howard half court offense. rox started to climb back. lin just happened to play the whole 3rd and first few minutes of 4th.

let me make a point. the style of rox playing in 2nd half is real reason we won this game.

13. zdrav

zdrav Member

I can't stand it when he does that awkward turn and runs along the baseline only to step out of bounds or hoist a contorted shot from behind the backboard.

1 person likes this.
  14. Dementium

Dementium Member

Lol. Basically McHale got out-McHaled.

We were also lucky Garcia finally found his shooting touch.

15. Peaceful Elbow

Man...every post game there is a LOF vs LOH battle. This **** is so tiresome. I'm outta here.

1 person likes this.
  16. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

That's not it at all. Howard just refuses to be a PnR player. Refused in LA and won't do it now. Lin is a fully capable PnR guard, it's what NY thrived on when Lin was there, him + Chandler PnR.

17. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

He coached this way last year as well.

One thing I always wonder is what exactly is the plus of him being the coach? He doesn't have X's and O's so it must be motivation?

Yet these guys are constantly undermining him, consistently lose concentration on D, and are not disciplined evenly for lack of effort.

This team's identity is an offense based on Morey's stats, so what does McHale bring to this team? If you say he's a good coach, what makes him so good?

Because we win? Is that the argument?

1 person likes this.
  18. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Face it, this teams need at least 3 of the following to play or you'd be hard pressed to win any games: Harden, Parsons, Lin, Howard/Asik

Howard/Asik for rebounding/paint protection.
    Harden, Parsons, Lin for scoring.

I'd hate to see both Harden/Lin on the bench.....

19. rocketsmetalspd

I am just glad the team got this W. 5 games above .500, time to take up a notch. This is the kind of game the team would find a way to lose last season. Need to take care of home games coming up and then off to SA on a b2b. SA will also be playing the Rockets on a b2b so no excuses, wonder if Pop will sit Duncan on Thursday's road game in Orlando?

20. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>What a comeback! <a href="https://twitter.com/patbev21">@patbev21</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons">@ChandlerParsons</a> Cisco <a href="https://twitter.com/Casspi18">@Casspi18</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/AsikOmer">@AsikOmer</a> with unbelievable effort to close the game</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/405176704169041920">November 26, 2013</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>