1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets to begin season with Beverley, Asik as starters; Jeremy Lin off bench

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. RRockets

RRockets Member

His articles generate clicks? Yes, and a lot. But is that the sole purpose or the result of his good writing? You be the judge.

3. muas2010

muas2010 Member

The guy might have his own personal agenda for fame, but the notion that he has no bball background makes his analysis flawed is absurd. He's just pointed certain unorthodox decisions by McHale. I personally think McHale is just trying his best to win games, but you have to admit that the guy has made some very odd decisions with Lin (and even with the other players). Great players don't necessary make great coaches, so just because you don't play the game doesn't mean you don't know crap about the game.

4. conquistador#11

BALDWIN IS THE BIZZARO STEPHEN A SMITH,WITH LESSER FRIENDS!!! WHEREAS LIN CAN'T DO RIGHT WITH STEPHEN,LIN CAN DO NO WRONG WITH BALDWIN. HOWEVAH!!, THE TRUTH IS SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE.
    NOW WHERE ARE MY CHEESE DOODLES!!!?

5. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Where can I find that speech? Oh that's right, it's the one you posted all over the forum. Trolling hard on this topic I see.

6. lfw

lfw Rookie

What does Chris Baldwin's ability to judge football talent have anything to do with his ability to judge basketball talent?

Also, if Chris Baldwin's job is to generate clicks, and that is true, what is Clutch's job? Judging by his signature, it is the same. So should we discount his opinion also?

7. Calamity.12

Calamity.12 Member

Well every journalists job is generating views, but your point is mostly correct. Reading this article, I seriously think this guy used CF as a reference for it.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

OK, I will. Two of the awards were for columns
    http://www.travelgolf.com/departments/authorarchives/baldwin.htm

One was 3rd place in a midsize market:
    One was Honorable Mention in a small market:
    Too bad the columns are not even online.

I have a National Endowment for the Arts Literary Fellowship. That's better than these awards. And look what a jerk I am! :cool:

At least you respect writing awards. Have to give you credit for that.

9. RonJeremy

RonJeremy Member

Now I am jealous. I wish I have the ability to transfer my thoughts into prose with eloquence and style. You probably can easily do it.

10. cdblue10

cdblue10 Member

this thread was like you've been hostage you can't give your insights because you are 13'ers,but honestly I preferred to start Lin over Beverly.I like Beverly but I want Houston to win and contend as well.

11. Stats

Stats Member

Clutchfans remind you of congress anyone?

Say something positive about Lin or negative about Harden/Bev => LOF (the fact that people clarify they are not LOFs before they post is positively hilarious)
    - If join date is 2012+, definitely LOF
    - If join date is pre-2012, definitely YOF turned LOF

Say something negative about Lin or positive about Harden/Bev => LOH/ABJ
    - If join date is 2012+, definitely a troll
    - If join date is pre-2012, definitely a racist

Quite frankly, I enjoyed the statistical arguments between Torocan and Larsv until it got ugly. The categorization of people here is Tea Party-esq. Very interesting that people here seem biased not only because what their initial beliefs on Lin were, but also for pure pride reasons. Some people here get a kick out of Lin or Bev sucking and make that clearly apparent. Are either side rocket fans?

12. bws

bws Member

I want to see Lin at 17/5. He's not far away from that now.

13. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Thanks again for being the voice of reason in these conversations.

14. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Torocan indeed has wisdom of words. Spot on. It is all about respecting each other's opinion and learning to agree to disagree. The world is full of different kinds of people. This is what makes the world so interesting. If we all have the same opinion, the world would be insanely boring.

As for trolls, just Ignore them and don't respond irrationally. Otherwise, they win.

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

No

You should want Beverley and Lin to perform at their highest level possible because it helps win us games. Just like AB was on fire tonight helped contribute to the W.

Some posters with saying that its a lose-lose situation if we win need to get their heads checked.

16. conquistador#11

Our pgs on almost everynight give you 28 pts a game, how many pg combos can do the same? Bledsoe and ish give you 23 points. Curry and Tony tone give 26.
    Okc's pg rotation is the only one that gives you constant threat and deep penetration.

17. strifed169

strifed169 Member

How would it go if Jennings was on this team? the guy is a career 40% shooter, it seems every missed shot somebody takes it gets magnified by Mcfail as a failure and they lose PT.

18. LLDD117

LLDD117 Member

19. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

It's so true.
    “PB is tough,” says Parsons. “He brings that defensive intensity that we really haven’t had, just 94 feet of pressure and intensity. It gives Jeremy that ability to be able to come off of the bench and play with confidence and play freely, as you see. Jeremy has really been able to benefit from it, too. Having Patrick there in the starting lineup just developing that defensive intensity from the jump ball is huge for us.”

20. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Having PB & J play together has looked very good for us this year.

More PB & J please! 20 min. a game would be nice.