1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 11/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

Yes I have saw a huge improvement in his moves, he said in interview he starting to think less just few steps and go into his move. He looked good yesterday just didn't get the roll on a lot of shots & that's ok. I think dream called him up and just talked to him on the phone or something.

2. DJSlik

DJSlik Rookie

It just means he's getting a lot of touches and being aggressive. When JL gets a lot of touches and is looking for his shot, we win. If a 50/40/80 guy gets touches and is aggressive, that's a very good thing, period. It's pretty simple logic.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

What an awesome game last night, great ball movement and solid team defense.

MVP of the game A. Brooks.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Geez @ Asik.

5. ILoveWhiteGirls

I don't know any other team who is stacked at the Point Guard position, anyone?

6. Drphil

Drphil Member

Chris Paul = 3pgs in one

7. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

Likely due to his cold shooting earlier in the season, which is not the norm for him. I expect his per to be around 16-17 this season.

8. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

When I looked up the TO rate, I thought I was going to find that it boiled down to two guys, Lin and Harden. Turns out we have a lot of guys giving away the ball at a high rate.

I get that some TOs are the result of good aggressive play. If all we did was eliminate the mind bogglingly stupid unforced TOs, I gotta believe that could be the difference in close games, or at least avoid a momentum shift.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

People talk a lot about Harden and Lin getting TOs. The fact is that these guys are sort of "taking one for the team" in the TO department. Specifically, if one or both of them are not playing, the team won't turn the ball over much less than they do now. We'll most likely end up with other guys using up Lin/Harden's possessions and turning the ball over at a similar rate.

Possessions don't just disappear just because a guy is missing, somebody else will get to handle the ball and try to make things happen. The way that this team plays is geared toward getting the ball into the paint, via dribble penetration, passing, etc., and working in the paint is inherently a turnover prone activity because you are more likely to be surrounded by defenders and draw contact (some of which refs miss). If Harden or Lin isn't around to do it, we'll get more Dwight posting up (and he turns the ball over quite a bit) or Parsons, Casspi, Brooks or Beverley doing their best Harden/Lin impression and perhaps turning the ball over at a higher rate than these guys do.

10. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Why is everything so knee-jerk? AB has a good a game and I'm happy for him, but people are talking about giving Harden minutes to AB. Seriously? I don't like the Harden ISO's as much as the next person, but he is still the best guard we have on this team, by far. If you wanna have Lin, AB, Bev over Harden, something is wrong with you. Harden is still top 5 in scoring in the NBA, you don't just give that up. Do you remember those years of having no stars? We complained and complained, now you have a star, a top 3 or 4 SG in the league, and you want to lessen his role? I guess we want mediocrity more than we think

11. yummyhawtsauce

That's a really good point. Last night I saw Brooks, Parsons just doing some really ugly TOs. I'd rather see Harden and Lin TO it over instead. Houston ISO Rockets!

12. rocketblood713

haha he did the team highlights cause Harden was out :rolleyes:

13. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

That's a really interesting perspective. I'm going to watch the next few games with that in mind.

14. alX

alX Member

actually, no he doesn't.
    he looks like he had the joe pesci eyelift with more orange makeup than carrot top.
    where is gordon willis when you need him?

15. DL24

DL24 Member

haha...team highlights only exist if harden is out lol jk

16. robotom

robotom Member

Actually he's just doing team highlights because Lin is in the starting lineup. He's been one of the most consistent highlight creators for the Rockets this season so I can't really fault him for his 'artistic license'.

17. rocketblood713

but Lin wasn't the starter he still came off the bench lol

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Where are you getting those numbers? I looked up the TOV% of the players listed and it is higher.

19. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Lin started in the Minnesota game.

20. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Someone left me a message because I posted the TEAM highlights vid made by Blaiyan...smh....making a big deal out of nothing lol.