1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 11/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 22, 2013.

1. steady

steady Member

Nice to come across this post tonight. Thx.

2. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Hey, when you think about it, creates views and clicks. I'd do it too.

3. DJSlik

DJSlik Rookie

Agree with this. Adelman knows whassup. He assigned Corey Brewer on JL and AB had Rubio and Barea to roast all night. He picked his poison and AB took advantage. If JL didn't have brewer on him he would've gone off for way more than 19. But AB took advantage of the matchup and that's what matters. He stepped up. Rockets ball movement much better in the fourth.

4. Oracle

Oracle Member

Remember, it was a home game and those are always difficult for Casspi. The only thing that I miss in Casspi is his dunking that he loved to do in SACtown. Again, I think that is reminders of his shell shock in Cleveland. When the season goes on and he gets used to the idea that he is really a permanent rotation player, I predict that he will become much more efficient.

Meanwhile he manages to come out of almost every game with a positive +/-, which should keep him in the rotation firmly. I think he is a much better defender than his reputation. To his benefit I have to say that he always runs back to defense faster than other players. He is also very good in fast breaks. Always ready for the pass (which, however, doesn't come too often).

5. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

You are exactly right.

The LOF's are horrible bashing other Rockets player.

And

The people that bash Lin because of the LOF's are EXACTLY like the LOF's.

The are equals in the problem, and both groups would be a lot happier if they learned how to follow a team and like the players. There is nothing wrong with some criticism of Rocket players but when you continually run down a player that is playing as good as Lin, then there is an issue somewhere. Or on the other hand when you think that our superstar Harden sucks, and needs to be traded, there is an issue there.

6. Deniz

Deniz Member

8 rebounds in 13 minutes...not bad

but he will be traded soon...

7. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

Aaron Brooks was key to this game just purely on scoring efficiency. If he hadn't shot at such a high-level I don't see the Rockets winning the game this time around.

8. Oracle

Oracle Member

I agree with most of this. I think Lin is actually a very good and intelligent player. However, I seldom get into anything concerning Lin because of the bipolar atmosphere here.

More than that I agree with you on the harsh and totally out of proportions player criticism that is way too abundant here. Players have their better and less good days. That's just a fact in the NBA as a whole. Therefore, you just don't start these trade talks after every TO or missed 3pt shot.

Let the game come together. With Dwight, there are clear adjustments to be done in the Rockets game and it's going to take some more games to get it under control. The unstable situation with Asik is also creating some confusion. All in all, I am very optimistic about the direction that the Rockets are heading to.

9. HTM

HTM Member

I hope T.Jones will be a benevolent ruler to us all.

10. Yellow

Yellow Member

Judging from the box score it was a hell of a game for plenty of guys, except for Garcia again. He hasn't played more than 2 good games this year.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Just want to point some things out:

James Harden (on two hurt feet): 21.1 PER
    Dwight Howard: 20.7 PER
    Terrence Jones: 19.8 PER
    Jeremy Lin: 18.9 PER
    Chandler Parsons (with a bad back and a cold shooting touch): 17.0 PER

If we can get some perimeter defense going, that's a motherf***ing team.

12. Dementium

Dementium Member

o_O did not know TJones PER was so dang high.

Have to say I am very happy with the team. When healthy I don't think they are many teams that can beat that lineup.

13. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Thats awesome. PER 15 is the league average so everyone + Lin is playing way above average. How about Bev? Whats his PER?

14. roksoer

roksoer Member

Has anyone noticed the huge difference in Howard's game since Hakeem's comment? His moves are much much much more fluid now and he seems to make them immediately after catching the ball. Although he didn't make a lot of them last night (a few rolled off the rim), he has shown he has some very nice moves. Can't wait for the next game, Memphis doesn't even have a C at the moment!

15. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Seriously? Everytime he goes baseline i feel he has a 50% chance of turning it over.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Only 12.8 but I expect that to continue to improve since he's healthy now. Those first few games back from injury really hurt his numbers at this point in the season.

Last season Bev's PER was 15.4.

17. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

1 person likes this.
  18. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

So far this year Dwight turns the ball over on 15.4% of all his possessions.

Parsons 10.5%
    Beverley 12.2%
    Casspi 12.5%
    Harden 14.5%
    Lin 15.4%
    Brooks 17.0%
    Asik 25.0%

These numbers are near the bottom of the list for each of their respective positions.

19. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Great post. We come from different backgrounds with different opinions. Sometimes, we just have to agree to disagree. Be respectful. As for trolls, be a big man and just ignore them. If you got angry about them and respond irrationally, they win.

20. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Great Highlight, what an exciting game with all the great ball movements.:)