1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derrick Rose injured again (UPDATE: Torn meniscus, will need surgery)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Nov 22, 2013.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

@WojYahooNBA: RT @ATTACKATHLETICS: Couple ways to deal with a meniscus tear. Take it out, you return faster but can shorten your career. Reattach it, miss maybe 4-6 months.

2. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

That picture is from his days at Memphis anyway.

3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Wrong on several counts chief. Hardly ever smoke especially now I'm an adult. Pretty sure I said that I respect your views on weed smoking whether for or against but your ability to comprehend led to a wrong assumption. It's ok.

Oh look, another comprehension problem. Goodie. I never said you stated that weed caused Derek Rose's injury. Re-read my post and come back and let us know if you understand what was written. Your statement implied that weed smoking affected his comeback or could have affected his comeback.

Good to know it doesn't fly with you but once again please explain to us in your infinite weed/knee injury rehab wisdom how smoking weed "for a player that's the face of a franchise and a max player" affects said rehab? Or the timeline of the rehab? I'll wait.

Nice of you to bring up the people in Chicago being frustrated with the length of his rehab. I wish i could care. I know hows Bulls fans in Chicago felt since I spoke with them as well and I'm pretty sure that ranked low on the totem pole of DRose's rehab priorities. I'm sure the Orlando Magic fans wanted Grant Hill to return ASAP. I bet that worked out great. From my conversations with a teammate of Derek Rose's, the perspective i personally got was that they had no problem with him taking his time.

How does it affect you and your life or the lives of any Bulls fan if Derek Rose toked it up every single damn day of the past year and a half if so???

Once again

How. Is. That. Re-le-va-nt....?

Oh it's not relevant? It's just annoys you that a star played can choose to do that while rehabbing from an injury? Oh ok then. Why not start a thread on weed smoking star players and let the rest of us here focus on his injury since yanno this thread is titled "Derek Rose injured again" and not "Derek Rose weed smoker"!

Take care

4. Grapenutz

Grapenutz Rookie

Westbrook had a lateral meniscus tear repaired, which takes 4-6 months to heal. Blake Griffin had a medial meniscus tear in 2012. They took part of the meniscus out and he was back in 3 months

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

6. ferrari77

Could be worse I guess. Hopefully he is back for start of next season or if he chooses/feels comfortable enough maybe the playoffs.

7. FearTheBeardJH

http://zigsports.wordpress.com/2012...r-in-jeopardywhy-rose-will-never-be-the-same/

8. ferrari77

Hopefully that bodes well for DRose.

9. DL24

DL24 Member

glad its not the acl, is it reasonable for him to come back by end of regular season?

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

I will be shocked if he comes back.

11. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Mentally coming back from those two knee injuries is going to be tough. In less than 15 games back he has another knee injury.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I found it unusual so many people were saying it was an acl injury and not meniscus. I would have thought a meniscus tear was the most likely outcome from what i saw in the video.

13. Grapenutz

Grapenutz Rookie

14. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I think this is the beginning of the end of his career if he keeps on playing the way that he's playing. Not a shocking surprise here at all. If you watches him play the guy is putting a lot of wear and tear on his legs. You can't be doing that for 82 games plus lots of working out and practice.

15. ILoveWhiteGirls

Hi guys remember me?

[​IMG]

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]

17. RoxDC

RoxDC Member

18. Grapenutz

Grapenutz Rookie

Back injuries worse than knee injuries imo

Just look at Dwight Howard....hes simply not the same player

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Can you troll elsewhere? Thank you.

20. ferrari77

Lol if you thought that then you should've mentioned that so we could all give you props for knowing.

Here's the ESPN video from above

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5nln3TyhH2c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>