1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anthony Bennett Watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Space City, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Mr. Space City

[​IMG]

1.3 points per game
    .135 FG%
    .077 3P%
    .500 FT%

2.5 rebounds per game
    0.3 assist per game

2. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

He is just setting the bar very low so next year he can win the MIP award :eek:

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Nothing but net.

1 person likes this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

Looked good to me.

Not his fault the rim was misplaced.

Dacamel likes this.
  5. moose

moose Member

Are the cavs are ruining this kids career by not sending him to d league, or he had no potential to begin with?

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Wasted pick?

7. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Didn't they take him #1 cause he was the "most NBA ready?"

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Time for Cavs to fire their scouts, the waste of top 5 picks has been unbelievable.

2013, #1 pick: Drafted Bennett, while someone like Oladipo(PERFECT fit next to a shooter/bad defense guy like Kyrie) was waiting for them.

2012, #4 pick, #17 pick: Drafted Waiters, who's a bad fit next to Kyrie. Both have bad defense, high usage and shoot a lot. Even if he was thought of as a 6th man, 4th pick was way too high. At 17 drafted Zeller, not bad but not good.
    Available players: Drummond, Barnes, T. Jones, Sullinger

2011, #4 pick: Drafted Thompson. Solid player right now, but undersized and really strange pick at #4 and with higher upside guys available.
    Available players: Valanciunas, Biyombo, Klay Thompson, Kawhi, Vucevic, Shumpert, Faried.(Could've used their pick for the first guys or traded down for the latter).

The starting five could now look like:

Kyrie
    Oladipo
    Kawhi/Barnes
    T. Jones/Sullinger
    Drummond/Valanciunas

Not a bad future eh?

9. basketballholic

Asik/DMo for Varejao/Bennett?

10. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

They've had multiple #1 picks and other top 5 picks in the past few years and have a horrible team with limited upside to show for it. Bravo, Cavs front office.

This is the organization that had LeBron for 7 years and managed to put Mo Williams and Larry Hughes together as his second stars.

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Not sure how patient the Cavs are right now (I think they should be), but I said this before that I think Bennett could represent a possible "bridge" in a three-team trade for the Rockets, if the Cavs are willing. Asik is win-now. Bennett is all potential.

The proposal you threw out there between just the Rockets and Cavs is interesting though. Bennett could be falling into a Thomas Robinson-like position. Depends on what the Cavs think of Bynum's prospects beyond this season, I guess.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Bennett, Waiters, and even Tristan Thompson can all be "bridges."

One guy I would want for Houston among recent draftees is MKG in Charlotte. Not sure how frustrated they are with his shot, but otherwise seems to be a great guy to have-- athletic, hard working defender, can finish at rim. Seems like Asik would be someone that coach Steve Clifford (former assistant working for both Van Gundy brothers) would be able to use. I'd throw in other things (1st round pick, Canaan, maybe DMo, too) to make it work.

#12 Carl Herrera, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't want either Bennett or MKG in return for Asik and hope Morey doesn't either. Neither guy has much upside. Rockets should swing for the fences or get a proven, productive player that fits a need. If a 3rd team wants Bennett in a Rox/Cavs deal, fine.

Fat, tweener rookies shouldn't be drafted high. I can't imagine what Cavs management was thinking.

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

All great points. MKG is indeed interesting... as you know, Rockets really liked him on draft night. Biyombo is another guy they liked. I'm not sure what Charlotte's goals are, but that's a good connection.

15. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer...misery-index-several-teams-already-in-turmoil

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

You may be ultimately be right, but time will tell. I was stunned Bennett went that high, but I think he's going to be a better player than he's shown. We'll see. Playing it out a little more, I have to think Dan Fegan and the Parsons camp would be pissed by the Rockets acquiring MKG. I wouldn't mind the team doing something to motivate Chandler to play some better defense though.

17. valorita

valorita Member

Hopefully he will undergo the Kevin Love transformation and get into great shape...
    otherwise I see him as a poor man's Zach Randolph

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The pre-draft comparisons people made of Biyombo and Ibaka were ignorant. Ibaka was shooting 3-pointers 2 years before he was drafted while Biyombo embarrassed himself offensively in workouts.

MKG is a likable guy who's motor, athleticism and deceptive strength made him a force in college. But in the NBA, he's a higher-profile, SF version of Ronnie Brewer.

I didn't like the Kemba Walker pick either.

Rich Cho is a sorry evaluator of young talent. If Morey wanted MKG or Biyombo, I'm glad his pursuit failed.

1 person likes this.
  19. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

How I see Bennett turning out...

[​IMG]

2013.......................................................................2017

[​IMG]

20. NotChandlerParsons

Anthony Bennett Watch? Dear god no, don't make me watch him, anything but that.

Mike Brown agrees.