1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It's true. McHale is so bad that only Dwayne Casey and may be Kidd are worse than him in this league.

Pringles already outcoached McHale

2. T.MAC

T.MAC Member

3. Jovial

Jovial Member

No doubt. McFail is a dumbass and no worse coach than him in rockets' history.

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Dwight wouldn't be here if it wasn't for mchale

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I don't believe in that fully. McHale had a small part, just a small part of Dwight being here.

Dream, Parsons and Harden had much bigger influences.

Dwight saying McHale was a part of him being here was just a way of having a below the belt go at Pringles in a subtle way and trying to justify his exit

6. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!

7. RonJeremy

RonJeremy Member

Now that Dwight is here, we can replace McHale.:grin:

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

You really think Dwight wouldn't have come here if the Rockets had a different head coach at the time? He wouldn't have played for Adelman? He wanted out of L.A. and we offered him the best chance(in terms of player personnel) to win immediately. I doubt he'd shed too many tears if McFail was eventually canned in favor of George Karl, Van Gundy(either one), or Lionel Hollins.

9. Rockie_rocker

Rockie_rocker Member

this!!!

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I've seen the Ray Allen clip a hundred times(who hasn't?). The Spurs could've fouled Bosh intentionally, yes. But it wasn't something drawn up in the huddle. He got an offensive board right near the basket and the Spurs had to react accordingly. If you foul intentionally, what happens if it's in the act of shooting and the shot goes in? It's far safer in that scenario to just keep playing straight up D and guard against the 3-pointer. And with regard to Ray Allen, they never could've fouled him in time. He got that sucker off before any Spur could get to him. The real coaching screwup was Pop leaving Duncan on the bench(twice).

The Pacers have a soft schedule because they play in the East which is a joke this season. You can pretty much pencil them and the Heat in the Conference Finals right now. Sure, Chicago has a shot at making it interesting, but otherwise that collection of teams is a joke(especially the Nets).

As for the Rockets, their schedule has been relatively soft in terms of the competition. The crazy number of games was the real challenge early on. We still have yet to play against the Spurs, Thunder, Warriors, Grizzlies, Pacers, Heat, Bulls, or T'Wolves.

11. cw3k

cw3k Member

Howard is here has nothing to do with McHale. There were only a few teams that had the cap room to sign Howard and Rockets gave Howard the best change to get a ring. Unfortunately, under McHale, the Rockets will not not win the championship. Getting to the second round is questionable.

After Howard signed with Rockets, all the news outlets said how Howard will improve under McHale. I see no improvement.

Has McHale develop anyone here or at the Wolves?

12. bamfbamf

bamfbamf Member

mcfail has 2 plays in his "arsenal"

1) iso dwight in the post
    2) spread it out and let harden or jlin penetrate and then kick it out

THATS IT!!!!

Can he design some plays that has Harden run through multiple screens to get open???

Does he know how to coach?!?!

13. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

They shouldn't have fouled Chalmers or LeBron then at 12 seconds before LeBron attempted his three?

Anderson took his shot at practically the same time yet you're saying we should have fouled him...

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Would the zen master think about coaching a Harden/howard combo

15. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

So you're saying we should have fouled on the 76ers play to stop Anderson, but that the Spurs shouldn't have fouled LeBron before he attempted his three. Why?

[youtube]paJWuS0VykY[/youtube]

[youtube]RTnZbJYnaLE[/youtube]

16. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

It's not just the Pacers and the EC. Look at the top 3 seeds in the WC.

• The Spurs have only played 11 games so far and only 3 games have been against teams .500 or above.
    • OKC has played only 10 games so far and only 3 games have been against teams .500 or above.
    • Portland has played 12 games so far and only 2 games have been against teams .500 or above.

Meanwhile we've already played 13 games and 6 of them against teams .500 or above. How is that in anyway soft? We've had a tough schedule.

17. cdblue10

cdblue10 Member

We are keep blaming our players but the only culprit for this winnable games is the coach!If Morey w/ not gonna get rid of this coach we're doomed.Whatever talent we acquire and keep getting on good trades and picks and doesn't really matter because the main problem is the coaching staff itself!Get rid of this incompetent coaches Morey while the season is still salvageable.

18. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Bottom line, I don't think McHale will be fired mid season unless Rox become a total disaster. What I predict is that unless Rox go on a mega run, Les won't renew McHale's contract. If I'm not mistaken I believe this is McHale's last year on his contract. I feel the organization deep down realizes that this team has outgrown McHale but they will probably give McHale this year to see what he can do with this roster.

19. Raven

Raven Member

Ha, I was just going to post this same question. He's too old to hold up an entire season, but if McHale were fired around the all star break and Less offered Phil five million to coach 40 games plus the playoffs, I don't think he'd say no.

20. dxdx

dxdx Member

Oops, I meant the mistakes that McHale had made. That missed foul cost us a 2OT, which we thankfully won.