1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mchales treatment of Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lid1013, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I bet you were saying that to the knicks fans to when they were calling you out

2. gene18

gene18 Rookie

You state the obvious. I was pointing out that even graet players have their foibles. Mr mirror -Straighten up and fly right. You seem confused.

3. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Mchale is showing his true colors. Just one turnover and he's yanked. Lin was missings shots, but comeon, they were not bad shots. Mchale couldn't wait to bench Lin. No other players on this team got such a short leash. There is a double standard and its bs.

4. gene18

gene18 Rookie

I don't follow the Knicks. You are making too many erroneous inferences.

5. Hibrido

Hibrido Member

I don't mind McHales treatment of Lin. He's treated him better than any NBA coach Lin has had even better than Dantoni who ran Lin into the ground like Secretariat.

Lin is a bench player and you can't give bench players a long leash because it sends a bad message to other bench players. You have to give maximum effort and perform the job more efficiently than starters. There's potentially 3 billion bench players in the world but only an elite few can be starters so you gotta be smart, like master of Japanese algebra smart to make the most of the advanced statistics.

McHale is the best Mchale coach. Sorry Joel but you better stick to Community my friend.

6. howo13579

howo13579 Member

wtf at this thread. Lin couldn't break down the defense last night and was off as spot up shooters. McHale had every right to bench him. It's not an insult to him. The problem is that Harden and Parsons had plenty of bad games and got to play through which may have caused us a few games. It's on McHale's coaching ability, not because he doesn't like Lin (he might be biased since Harden IS BETTER than Lin).

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

That's all you had to say

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes, leave Jeremy in to make things worse than they already were. I am slowly becoming an LOFH. LOF's don't care anything about the team at all. Only about Lin.

9. conquistador#11

oh lin, mchale thinks you're the spawn of satan! infact, he will reward bev when he locks down rubio to less than 12 points but no more than 10.
    Lin, you should get very very angry and take it out on your opponent!

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

LOF, LOH...blah blah blah. Stop being kids.

I really wish Lin would have made 1, 2 of those open 3's. It could have helped us get over all the BS associated with the 4th q.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

AAAAH!!!

AAAAH!!!

MY EYES!!!

12. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Yes they do!

13. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

You know where you're supposed to build mental toughness? In HIGH SCHOOL. Pro players should know how good they are and play at that level regardless of how the coach utilizes them. Lin is a man, don't treat him like a child. If he gets benched he knows it's cause he didn't play good and he should step it up next time. All those benchings last year seemed to motivate him for the start of the season. He just started to forget last night.

14. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Rubio is a horrible scorer. He can't shoot the J and he has great difficulty finishing at the basket. Look at his 3pt percentage this year and last and his overall percentage. He is mainly a PG that assits and plays defence. He is one of the leaders in steals this year.

15. torocan

torocan Member

To be fair, none of us know why Lin played so few minutes (lowest of any game this season).

It could have been a strategic decision (Lin not shooting well or match ups, or McHale believe Beverley was playing particularly well), it could be a health related decision (small injuries, illness or fatigue not mentioned to fans), it may have been experimental (seeing how Beverley would perform with an expanded role and minutes), it may have been a management directive (trade in discussion) or it may just have been a pure brain fart on the part of McHale and co.

All of them are potentially viable reasons.

Given that it was only one game, the best course of action is not to worry about it and see what happens over the next game or two. If we continue to see a similar pattern of substitution, then we'll have more of a basis to judge McHale and co.

Until then, just relax and see what happens.

16. papt8888

papt8888 Member

micheal

so don't tell me about lin should be 6th man.he just a normal bench player in rocket.two 8 million bench player in rocket.so rich team.just trade lin and asik.team just don't need such expensive bench ppl.

17. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

And that's all you had to say.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I know why Lin was pulled last night. When he is not scoring he is a liability to the team. It showed perefectly last night. Get over it.

19. conquistador#11

i know. that was my point. :p

20. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Great! When Harden is not scoring and not defense, he's not a liability I guess.

And any other players like Parson and Beverley never get bench when they play like ****.