1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We should call this site Non-Clutchfans until we are a clutch team again

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by RiceDaddy7, Nov 21, 2013.

1. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Another game, another collapse.

We're no longer the '93-'94 Rockets. Stop using the word Clutch until we are actually clutch again.

On another note, the city of Dallas sucks.

1 person likes this.
  2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Cool, how about you share this in the game thread, thanks

3. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

It's Rockets related.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

harden should have made both those freethrows. that was sad to watch

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

one game

Come again when we played 20 games into the season

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i dunno, we choked away quite a few games last season as well. that's how we dropped down to the last playoff seed. and out of the playoffs the previous season. no matter the roster, there is clearly a pattern of mchale's teams doing this.

7. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

This site is named based on history and not on the current team. If you have seen the team in the mid 90s play, then you would know that your suggestion will be disrespectful to many. So either you are ignorant or have made a joke in bad taste.

8. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Be careful what you wish for. You might be using that name for a while with McHale and Harden down the stretch. This game was not an abberation or unexpected. The root of the problem is forming a team identity and chemistry that makes us clutch down the stretch.

The system McHale has employed and Harden has executed is not working and needs to change. The sooner the better.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is not a finished product even with the emergence of Jones.
    We first need a near complete team and then decide who is the a fitting coach, don't you think?

10. PatBeverleyFan

Chokefans

2 people like this.
  11. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Repped' /thread.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you say it's only one game, but fact is we've now lost 3 games we clearly should have won (fakers/sixers/mavs) and each lost was riddled with a bevy of coaching blunders in the 4th. and that's just this season. the final stretches of the prior 2 seasons were utter trainwrecks.

you're saying to wait 20 games into the season. so i guess i can wait another 7 games, but i'm not expecting this coaching staff to magically come up with a coherent half-court offense that doesn't just feature ISO almost exclusively in that time. or to be able to make obvious in-game adjustments :grin:

13. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

chokecity

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that was the name used for the team that blew 20 point leads in the playoffs to the phoenix suns

also this was during the houston oiler /buffalo bills debacle era

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You'd think as Houston fans - we'd have come to realise the importance of just 'one game' when it comes to the Playoff race.

These 'one game' Ls we are racking up to begin the season have an effect come Playoff time. And it will be the difference between playing game 7 at Toyota Centre. Or away at Golden State and their ridiculous crowd.

It makes me cringe when people shrug off games at the start of the year because it's just 'one game'.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What I meant by 20 games is that I will make a thread writing a summary about the 1/4 of the season that's all.
    This team needs one year to gel completely IMHO. Everything else comes as a surprise.
    As said before McHale can only be dismissed after th season. If at all.
    I don't think a Rocket coach was fired during the season.

17. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

This is sad but true. When I see the Rockets down by 1-3 with like 30 seconds left I always think "Oh no we lose." :( I don't want to think that but lately, that's what's been happening.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

agree that we need a full season to gel, but i think developing true chemistry is only possible in the later rounds of the playoffs. and sadly, i really do not believe mchale can even coach us out of the round round…

you are probably right that the front office will not let him go mid-season, which imho equates to the 2013-14 season being a tragic waste

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

^^^
    * ouf of the first round...

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!