1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 11/20/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Dementium

Dementium Member

God, I am an LOF and you are even beginning to annoy me. Step away from the ledge.

2. pnr

pnr Member

He's a #2 on a championship team. Dwight is 2b. We need a Durant or Lebron on the team to be considered contenders.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Even when they are being held and the person that is guarding them tries to foul them?

4. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

^^^^

This is what I mean when I say that LOH get lots of rep points.

5. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Every team went through good and bad times this season. No team is perfect. Nobody is undefeated. We will have a great season and we should be going further in the playoff.

6. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

Not necessarily beat us a lot in the upcoming games, but we should expect situations like these to arise. We failed tonight. If we played tomorrow, maybe we click and know what to do with the clock and shot selection or how to move the ball. It just varies with a team this new. I said before the season, on paper, I wouldn't be surprised if we were a top 2 team in the West or the 6th best team in the West. We have brilliant stretches of defensive intensity but we don't follow through with that and we ease off the pedal.
    Your second thought is absolutely correct, I was not pleased at all with our guys giggling around at the start of the 4th (Not saying they can't have fun, but it looked like they knew they had won). A 14 point lead in really nothing in the NBA, and that is especially true to a new team trying to figure out what they are. It doesn't take much for Dallas to hit a 3 or make 2 shots until your anus tightens up.

I would just like people to realize, we need to give this team time, and not panic after every game.

7. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

HAHAH, LOL, love it. Wish I could rep.

8. NullNexus

NullNexus Member

The real problem is that with this sytem the 10-12th man on the team think they have more authority on plays than Jeremy Lin the backup PG. Why would DMO or Caspi or Garcia respect Lin as backup play maker when he is the escapegoat to all the starter. So you will have some night when the 7-12th man will have good run but in the long run they are the 7-12th man for a reason

9. archinkent

archinkent Member

So that's why Harden shot so early. He was trying to do what Melo did the other night. Difference was Melo got free throws.

10. thejav

thejav Member

yes even in that instant..foul wasn't called..take the shot..don't try to draw a foul in your shooting motion..hes done it time and time again late in games..

11. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Sooooo true.

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Okay, well some of you can get ready to hate me again -- but really?? Now Casspi, Dmo and Garcia don't respect Lin? Casspi, who became an instant LOF favorite due to his budding bromance with Lin? Francisco, who defers to pretty much everybody, is too skittish to even put up shots lately, and led the Taiwanese crowd in a standing ovation for Lin? Dmo, who has played all of 12 minutes this whole season?

Honestly? On that note, goodnight. iCan't.

13. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

The team needs a leader!
    I think Morey will trade Asik & someone & draft pics for Rondo

14. jlfans

jlfans Member

We lost because we missed the final shot.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't understand what else he's supposed to do in that situation? How was he supposed to know they wouldn't call a clear foul?

He knows Marion is trying to foul him because that would effectively end the game...so knowing this when Marion puts not one...but two hands on him his only option is to rise up and chuck it. Wasting another second means Marion just wraps him up and puts our hope into a miss FT and a rebound put back.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I cringe at the thought of what the Timberwolves are gonna do to us on Saturday. They just might break the scoring record

17. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Well, he did say that he was really proud of PB. I'm like what? Are you like his mother or something?

18. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

This I saw too. And you noticed that she's got 2 rep bars as a newbie? LOL, anyone who disses Lin, or promotes PB over Lin, gets tons of reps in CF

19. landryfans

landryfans Member

20. Oracle

Oracle Member

That's not true. The real problem to me appeared to be the reluctance of the PGs to play PG. Casspi does kick the ball out when he's driving.

Overall, however, I must say that I really liked the game. Most of the time the ball movement was great and I have a feeling that it'll get better. It's a pity that the team lost. Much of it has to do with the fact that the Mavs (Nowitzki, Ellis and Marion) got into a shooting groove, especially late in the game, that was too hard to handle until the Rockets get more consistent in the defense.

So don't blow this out of proportions again. The Rockets played a very good game and I'm looking forward to see good things coming this way.