1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Terrence while Jones is high?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

I think Morey would trade:

Harden
    Jones
    Beverly
    Lin
    Parsons
    Grand Ma
    Grand Pa
    Mom
    Dad
    his dog

2. BigBird

BigBird Member

i wholeheartedly agree

3. conquistador#11

I think all problems would be resolved if parsons stopped worrying about his hairs and became that elite perimeter defender he used to want to be. It's what got him starting over Bud. He still has it too. In that lucky Rudy gay shot that went in, Parsons was all over him with his hands up, that used to be his trademark.

4. Remii

Remii Member

Why do you see Parsons taking a lesser contract when he signed with an agent that is known for getting every dollar he can get for his players...???

And what 5 tools do you speak of...? His defense has been atrocious. And his outside shot comes and goes.

5. xiki

xiki Member

And early Christmas Day for Santa Trader. :cool:

6. thejav

thejav Member

Only way they trade tj and asik is if they get kevin love..morey is no chump..

7. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Why do you always do this?

Do you do it for the lol'z?

Do you do it to make a name for yourself?

Are you bored?

If you can answer these 4 questions honestly then I will seriously give this thread some serious thought.

Until than I will not take it seriously, because you basically started a thread about selling a guy high for trade after he had 2, yeah I repeat 2 good games!

DF

8. T_Man

T_Man Member

I hear Morey is looking to make a trade for a PF...

T_Man

9. larsv8

larsv8 Member

Carmelo Anthony

10. T_Man

T_Man Member

CH... GREAT QUOTE... I wish people would really get that thru their heads. Having all the talent in the world does not mean you will win a championship. The US basketball team has all the talent, but yet they struggle because they don't play as a team.

You have to have guys who their role and play as a team... Now talent does help quite a bit.

T_Man

11. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

Are you smoking something?

12. howo13579

howo13579 Member

As long as he's not high in the game, I wouldn't trade him.

13. don grahamleone

I don't think his stock is high around the NBA. A few good games as a starter only holds so much water. I believe he will be good, but that's mostly blind faith in our talent scouts and coaches.

14. chff1

chff1 Member

If he is the key to bring me some Love and LMA, i'm all in, but that's not gonna happen lol

15. T_Man

T_Man Member

Man some of you guys are really getting upset...

Please understand the source and understand the poster we know as CARL!!!!

T_Man

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

The only player IMO that should be traded is Asik and maybe Brewer. We are striving to win the Chip this season. So lets allow this core around Harden and Howard to materialize into that much needed chemistry, we will need to accomplish our mission.

17. JamezGatz

JamezGatz Member

I realize he has the same agent as DH but all I said was I see Parsons taking a lesser contract to play here rather than elsewhere. (ex. Big 3 in Miami and various other players that take less money in the interest of being where they want to be)

Defense has been lacking as of late but he is still a plus defender. He's our matchup guy when we need it and I believe as the season goes on the defense will improve. You think he doesn't see game tape? His 3 point shot has been improving since that bad batch of games to start the season and he is a great 2nd/3rd scoring option for us.

18. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

When the season started, the front office suggested that one of our existing PFs would need to set themselves apart from the crowd, to develop into a key piece. During the only 5 games that he's been a big part of our rotation, he's shown just that.

This guy is showing us exactly what we needed to see out of him or DMO. Now that he's doing it, people want to trade him for someone else that's doing it? I don't get it.

We've been talking since the offseason that our biggest need is a power forward that can stretch the floor, rebound and play defense. He's been doing this. He's hitting outside shots, which he also showed during the pre-season, he's grabbing near Asik like numbers of rebounds, and his shot-blocking has been an impressive surprise so far. None of the trade prospects we've talked about so far shows this complete package; they all have holes in their games.

Sure, the sample size is small, but that's what you get with young developing bigs on a playoff team, and his biggest flaw previously was a lack of consistency. So far, during those 5 games, he's been consistently good. Could it be a fluke? Sure. Could he be playing outside of his abilities so far? Sure. But give him a chance to fail first.

If he keeps this up for another month, then he's the real deal. You don't trade a young stretch 4 that plays defense and rebounds while on a rookie contract.

Jones looks ready to contribute consistently. And honestly, what he's giving us now is enough to make me feel much more comfortable about trading away Asik for future assets.

19. tinywang

tinywang Member

No need to be "high" on Jones. Terrance has been what he's always been. He's just never been given the time. He's looked impressive since last year in the pre-season and I've always said we should play him. The kid has talent and we should keep him.

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

About trade deadline time? ;)