1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Asik intends to return to lineup vs. Celtics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Nope looks like extended looks at TJones and DMO to figure out what to trade for.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

DMo did well enough vs. Denver to warrant a 2nd look tonight.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The Celtics have some chubby round guy starting at center with 6'7" Sullinger as his backup. So there's not really a place for him tonight.

4. MadMaxwell

MadMaxwell Member

looks like asik isn't getting any minutes tonight….maybe garbage time if we're still up

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

I would think Asik would do okay against Sully. He's not known as a shooter even though he's been taking some jumpers this season. He's mostly a back to the basket post player, the type of guy Omer usually excels at guarding.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Given the current score, the Rockets could have played fat retired Yao Ming at C and probably have done OK in the first half. Let's see if things keep up. Knock on wood but it seem that the team may be finally hitting its stride.

Mostly, I think it's just about giving Jones and Motiejunas minutes after they did a fine job last game instead of benching DMo right after he finally got a chance.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dont look like Asik will be getting into the game tonight.

8. xuel

xuel Member

Howard has foul trouble, but Asic still not in. I have no words to say ...

9. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Just 7 minutes for a guy getting paid more than 8 million.....Yeah he is gone

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You think?!

Being such a Rockets nerd, though, I have to try to push out of my mind what kind of deal we might want for him. And it isn't working. I can't help it.

What player? What team?

Argh.

Well, back to work.