1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hack-a-Dwight Counter Strategies

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by willwmc, Nov 18, 2013.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Whats the running dunk? It sounds cool lol

2. AFS

AFS Member

Is it traveling if they gave Dwight the ball up there and just drove straight to the rim?

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Harden carrying the team like always :grin:

4. Sketzophrenic

Sketzophrenic Member

5. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

[​IMG]
    Pop approves.

6. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

Wait... why does Lin have the slanty eyes... lol j/k... but seriously? Still a great pic.

7. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

bmd! You should tag your images as NSFW, dude.

My officemates are givin me strange looks coz' I'm biting my laughter back. :mad:

8. StandontheLake

Apparently, Wilt was also bad at free throws, but he was good at jumping and dunking, so he thought up a solution. He dunked from the free throw line.

My understanding is he had to stay inside that little circle in front of the line, so he would get to the back of that circle, get as much speed going as he could between that and the free throw line, (just a step, really) jump just before the free throw line, and dunk.

Basically, he treated free throws as his own personal dunk contest. Wilt Chamberlain was an athletic god. I of course only have only the youtube highlight videos to go off of, but my impression of prime wilt (which is before the videos were used to seeing when he's a laker dueling young Kareem, and Wilt is 40 or something, and still delivering the highlight reel dunks and blocks) is something like "7 foot 1 inch Manimal with more grace and coordination."

The powers that be quickly decided that this was not okay, which I think is too bad. It would really spice things up.

9. hahachui

hahachui Member

Standing at the FT line
    Wait for their stupid fouls

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

a good counter is to have an "under the table" deal with asik that would be worth millions. all he has to do is chokeslam whoever tries the hackadwight. and since covington took camby's spot, he can learn how to spear opposing players. make thsoe 2 useful to the team

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he makes 50 percent we are fine...

Worry about offensive rebounding and setting up a badass defense on the next possession.

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

this thread is **** hilarious but bmd owns it
    [​IMG]
    im ****ing dying over here

13. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

LOL, does anyone care that Tiago Splitter gets hacked?? He's the only one it happens to that matter and is a "star" but even that has become a question over the last 2 years.

No one else who is a star sucks so bad from the ft line.

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Look im not saying they should change the rules, I'm just saying why they would think about it.

15. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Tell Howard to elude defenders and tell Harden to shoot quick! I'm sure he'll make the best of it!

16. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

If we were to employ this plan, then the best stack order would be: Asik, AB and then DH. :grin:

17. Nero

Nero Member

Um, when watching the games, and seeing as how the ONLY strategy being employed by the other team is to hack Dwight as soon as they can..

What I was wondering was this:

What if Dwight is the one in-bounding the ball - and then he simply doesn't enter the court? Can they foul him if he is outside the court? Wouldn't that be a technical foul?

In other words, throw it in to Harden or Parsons, Lin, someone. Then he just stands there outside the baseline. The could probably let at least 10-15 seconds run off before he would really need to even enter the court.

Or could they just run up and grab him even if he is out of bounds?

For some reason, I always thought that would be a technical foul if someone fouls him while he is out of bounds.

(and apologies if someone else already mentioned/answered this - I didn't read the entire thread)

18. willwmc

willwmc Member

after the ball is inbounded he is fair game.
    it'll only be a technical if someone threw a haymaker at him.

[​IMG]

19. Nero

Nero Member

Ok, read back and saw that other people have thought of the same thing. And apparently there is no rule regarding fouling a player who is out of bounds *after* the ball has been thrown in.

So, maybe Dwight could throw the ball in and immediately run around behind the backboard, maybe take off down the tunnel.. man I think they should do that at least once, I think that would turn out to be the one of the funniest things I have ever seen.. turn the end of a NBA game into a big game of tag.. lol

Cmon Moray, make it happen man!

20. bmd

bmd Member

Then there are cameras following him getting chased through the backstage area of the arena.

How ridiculous would that be for the NBA lol..

It would be like the WWE.