1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are We Going to See Hack-a-Dwight Every Game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjhwang, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

when we are beating top seeds by a couple of points in 4th spurs, gw, okc, pacers, clippers, heat, pacers, pull it out it's going to hurt

2. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

3. PnRScreen

PnRScreen Rookie

4. PnRScreen

PnRScreen Rookie

The link i posted above broken.

[​IMG]

5. torrr

torrr Member

Two different possibilities I wouldn't mind seeing implemented for intentional off the ball fouls:

1) Count it as a technical foul - one shot plus the ball
    2) Give teams the option to either shoot the FTs or take the ball out again with the normal shot clock rules after a foul (Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the shot clock goes back up to 14 if fouled with under that left)

6. mario_v

mario_v Member

This isnt a matter of Dwight hitting his freethrows. It's a matter of entertainment. Fans pay good money to watch a basketball game not a freethrow shooting contest.

7. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

It's part of the game, if you don't want people to hack you and send you to the line then hit your FT's. They only do it because you suck at it and it's a weakness so teams will try to exploit it.

8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

no we won't if the Rockets will just stop giving up good leads

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Every close game, yes. Expect Rockets games to be around 3 hours.

10. yummyhawtsauce

It's really not fun to watch. As soon as the hack a howard started me and my friend just groan and roll our eyes...god such an annoying strat. Totally kills the buzz and excitement of the game.

Extending the rule to 4 min sounds like a good solution. But for now, McHale can just take out Dwight if it becomes too much (depending on score and scenario). I remember in one of the games he didn't take DH out and it cost us the game, was this in Philly? or another.

11. redot

redot New Member

All they need to do is have the rule to say intentional off-ball foul, the team gets to choose who to shoot the free-throws. This will end the hack-a-someone nonsense, while still let the other team to use foul to get the ball back in certain situations.

12. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

We all know its in his head. If we cheer every time they foul him, it will help him. He's starting to get into rhythm.

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

There are two easy ways to beat this. 1.) Keep the lead safe and limit Dwight's 4th quarter minutes. 2.) Dwight learns how to hit his free throws. Dwight says it's all mental. So I got an idea, let's let the last 15 minutes of practice be an open free throw practice, let fans show up and cheer Dwight as he takes his shots. I'm sure the fans would love it, I'm sure it would help Dwight with his stroke, everybody wins.