1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 11/16/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Roxs-Redemption

So Smith and Asik out.
    That only means TJones and DMo to play at the 4 tonight.

2. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>To piggy back, Kevin McHale told me that DMO should see some time tonight RT “<a href="https://twitter.com/JasonCFriedman">@JasonCFriedman</a>: McHale says Asik will not play tonight.”</p>&mdash; Craig Ackerman (@ca_rockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/ca_rockets/statuses/401855632283676672">November 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Wow.......Really disappointed in Asik,didn't except that

Just trade him already

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

the way Asik is acting is all very surprising to me. I didint think he was like that; i thought he had more character. After only playing 4 minutes in the Philly game he completely gives up on the team.. just one game.

5. rj3000

rj3000 Member

I understand his disappointment and he'd be a starter for many teams in the NBA but he's still being paid by the Rocket's and under contract that I'm sure doesn't state that he would always be a starter and he should still play. He's putting this organization that had given him a chance as a starter in a bad situation because it is eroding their bargaining position to trade him. He and his agent could convey their displeasure privately but not publicly and refusing to play.

6. BakersfieldKid

rockets should blow the nuggets out tonite. Howard should have a HUGE game but he's been a little disappointing this year so we'll see. I look for Lin to come down to earth and Harden to go back to his MVP candidate form.

7. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Yeah the guy is a baby, he can't even play for us until we can find a trade for him. Hopefully Morey finds a deal soon, it makes no sense to a valuable asset sit on the bench for nothing.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Asik played in like 300+ straight games, and now he's missing time because he's a little "under the weather"?

I wish the Rockets would cut the BS and just be straight about it. He's out and its a coach's decision or he's refusing to play.

#128 durvasa, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

The Rockets gave him that fat contract. He needs to suck it up and go ball.

10. Normalus

Normalus Member

Is it's issue with Asik really? If he's like ''I won't play of the bench'', can't team just fine him or don't pay salary? Because it's his job to get his ass every morning and play, like we all work. And we don't call manager or whoever to say ''hey, damn, I won't work today with no reason, see ya tomorow''.

11. DJSlik

DJSlik Rookie

wow. asik really is on the way out. we are one D12 injury away from big bad frontcourt to zero. small ball doesn't win many playoff series.

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

lol even miami started what, 9-8? takes time... geez

13. rocketblood713

I thought he was a true professional ....I was wrong

14. figment

figment Member

I mean of all the places the drama could have come from this season ...with Asik? Sigh

15. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Sounds more like it is Asik's decision. Really no way to tell, though.

16. Grapenutz

Grapenutz Rookie

Come to OKC Omer!!!

You'll start immediately

17. gambingo

gambingo Member

Didn't know Asik had such a huge ego for a role player. Someone needs to smack him on his head to wake him up.

18. hamsession

hamsession Member

How do you know that it's Asik who doesn't want to play? Is it because McFail framed it that way?

If you want to sell your car, you're not going to go off-roading with it the day before. You're going to put it in the garage and wait for the buyer.

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Gotta start striving some wins together!

Asik is losing my respect more and more... But I also don't think you just trade him immediately just because he acts like a diva. He has to learn to be a professional.

20. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

That's great