1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official PlayStation 4 LAUNCH Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Nov 14, 2013.

1. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

how is this buried?

[​IMG]

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Damn, <a href="https://twitter.com/DezBryant">@DezBryant</a> just bought whoever was in line at a Walmart in Dallas a PS4.</p>&mdash; Marquis Rodgers (@MRodgers2405) <a href="https://twitter.com/MRodgers2405/statuses/401210766033838080">November 15, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Like I said I am going off reviews, most recently read the Ars Technica one. But, I don't have the system in front of me.

Looks like you're right, I searched around for a bit and found a video of someone moving through the UI. The video apps aren't nearly as "buried" as the Ars reviewer made it sound. So I take back that part as bad information.

Still though, it would be nice to just have your active apps on the primary horizontal. And, it would certainly be nice to be able to de-clutter the interface of disc-based games that aren't in the system, and of apps you haven't downloaded.

And a question just occurred to me right now... from the video I saw, an installed game (Knack) became the second tile once installed. Is there a way to change that (sort the order of the tiles)? What if I have 30 games installed? Am I then forced to scroll 31 spaces to the right to get to video?

#43 Drexlerfan22, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Add me on PSN please sirs (no offense to any potential ladies, I'm just assuming everyone here is a D00D), still sitting here waiting on FedEx.

PSN: "the_seclusion"

5. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

PSN: Fluffingtonbunny

6. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Just got mine, Anyone else's update taking forever? It was progressing at first, then it restarted now I"ve been staring at a blank screen for the past 20 minutes.

7. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Are you getting that pulsing blue bar? I had that problem last night. I unplugged the power cable, plugged it back in and it rebooted right up.

I am "oomp" on PSN, go figure...

8. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Yes, the blue light is just pulsing, it's been like 40 minutes now, I'm afraid to touch it in fear of ruining something.

9. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

If I wanted to go pick up a ps4 at best buy or something could I? Or all they all gone due to the pre orders?

10. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

The gamestop I was at last night had 3 extras. 2 of them sold while I was there.

11. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Ha! I had the exact same feel. Try putting a disc in. If it accepts it, I'd go for it. For some reason the HDMI and Digital audio shuts down. My restart fixed it in my case.

Watching people stream games all morning. It's horrible but so addicting.

12. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Crap, I might have to wait a while then.

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Just call your local Best Buy and see if they have any, or if they're going to be expecting any soon.

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I had a PS4 in my online basket at Target around 8 am but I let it go. I just wanted to see if could get one without all the pre-order drama...and I could of.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Still haven't gotten mine yet according to the tracker. Wonder if it'll make it day 1 like it's supposed to.

16. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Haven't seen this posted anywhere. :eek:

<iframe scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" width="464" height="290" frameborder="0" src="http://www.break.com/embed/2539541" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

<font size="1"> - Watch More <a href="http://www.break.com">Funny Videos</a></font>

<font size=1><a href="http://www.break.com/video/ugc/xbox-one-vs-ps4-south-park-edition-2539541" target="_blank">Xbox One Vs PS4: South Park Edition</a></font>

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeah, funny episode. Can't wait to see part 2.

19. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Picked mine up, trying to log on. System is...slow, to put it mildly. Understandable I suppose.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeah, when I tried to log in to PSN from my phone it said it was down for maintenance. Wouldn't surprise me if the whole system is down at the moment.