1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deal Is Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bag0b0y, Apr 19, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Prey tell us what this has to do with the Rockets Game Action & Rostrer Moves Forum?

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Question, Bagboy...hopefully no one else has asked this yet.

Your title says "Coming soon" How soon is soon? If it happens in the next few weeks, I would give credibility to your story. But if you are just saying over the offseason, I think just about everyone on this BBS with half a brain could figure out that the two guys you mentioned are the most likely to be traded and that Rudy might not be long for the world of coaching.

3. riggs

riggs Member

I can only hope and pray this is true. While we all feel bad for Rudy he has not been a decent coach since 96. Does anybody remember when Hakeem , Charles and Pippen would not even include him in the huddles?
    His tenure this year went to laughable. Do you remeber that it wasn't until the media told him to statr Yao, that his main man was Jason Collier?You could give him a team of Jordan, Chamberlain . Barkley, and Jabbar and he would still find a way to end up in the lottery
    12 million pay off or not ...he has got to go!

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Does this mean we're re-signing Richard Hamilton?

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Don't worry about Rudy, guys. If he gets fired, it shouldn't take him long to find a new job.

How about Rudy coaching the Toronto Raptors? Vince isoing everytime down the court could actually be pretty effective...

6. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

striking deals during the playoffs is frowned upon by the league (if it is allowed at all) so i didn't mean to throw everyone off that it's going to happen within that time frame.
    Oh, and about the credibility thing, when these things do happen am i going to be crowned a senior member???? :D

7. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

If nothing happens this offseason, how do we expect our team to improve. Maurice Taylor has shown no improvement in his game since we first signed him away from the Clips. Cuttino still can't get into the flow of a halfcourt offense, and Eddie Griffin's jumper continues to look uglier every day. Not to mention James Posey plays like a complete moron sometimes and a man possessed on other days.

Rudy and his staff definitely are to blame for extremely poor personnel development. We haven't been to the 2nd round of the playoffs since 1997. We have a team with all the talent, but no heart. We have a stud center being grotesquely misused. Something's gotta give here, because I don't see things getting any better unless our coaching staff gets their heads out of their collective asses.

Next year we're moving into a brand spanking new arena. This team needs a serious attitude adjustment. We've got guys more interested in getting high and going clubbing before games than they are about winning. We desperately need a disciplinarian (is that a word?) to come in and straighten our guys out. I don't give a damn about how "Rudy is a players coach" and what not. Of course the guys love him- he doesn't impose any rules on them. Get busted for pot? - no problem. Hungover from last night? - no big deal. Late for practice? - who cares. Jacked up some quick shots? - no worries.

Now I'm not sure if the Rockets are the worst coached team in the league, but we're pretty damn close. I would like to see the kind of garbage that comes out of Cuttino's and Steve's mouths when they're watching the playoffs from home again next year - when New Orleans moves into the Western Conference and Seattle jumps us in the standings. Plain and simple, this team is not a winner, and will never be a winner if it's left intact.

8. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

So it looks like we're talking about dealing with other non-playoff teams, right? If that's the case I don't want to hear any talk of bringing in p*ssies like Shareef Abdur Rahim, Jason Terry, or Andre Miller. I don't want to sit around and wait 4 years for Kwame Brown, either. They're not going to help. We need some profound team players. A guy like...ohhh say PJ Brown would do wonders for this team.

Honestly, there's only a handful of players from "clippers, washington, griz, portland, minny" I see who could help us:

Ruben Patterson - he'd be perfect if he wasn't such a thug
    Derek Anderson - I'd much rather have him at the "2" than Cat.
    Zach Randolph - not quite the shot blocker that EG is, but he's a banger who would complement Mo T. well
    Jeff McInnis - Wouldn't mind seeing him run the show next year, while moving Steve over to the two spot.

9. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Baqui-

I do not agree we are "close" to the worst coached team in the league. I thought we are in a stage of rebuilding- emerging into 1st round playoffs status if you will. We are not that far behind. I do not think Rudy should be blamed for some of the personell decisions. There is a GM and Owner involved here. The owner has ultimate veto power.

From my perspective-

I would expect if Rudy's health permits - he will be allowed to coach through next season- with 2 years remaining in the contract. I would also expect steady improvement for the team.

I would also expect some tweaking of the team members.

I am not a supporter of Van Gundy - he is way over rated- he could not deal with player problems at NY very well. He got in the playoffs in a very weak Eastern conference.

PAul Silas and John Lucas would be good coaches here. We have a lot of talent here and they could get credit for producing a winner that already has the pieces in place.

I am on the fence with Rudy - I am disappointed as hell at some of the losses this season. I truly enjoyed our victories over good teams - SA - Sacro, close games at New orleans, wins over Phil, LA.

I do not think we are that far away from being a consistent winner.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

How long has it been since Rocketeer blessed us with his comments? Glad your back... working on some new eye candy? :)

So, you think something is up? Or are you in on the joke.
    No time wasted on the intrigue this year, is there.
    And what's up with Larry??

11. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Okay, a number of things wrong here, alot of which other members have addressed already. (Mostly I'm referencing Crash's excellent post) But Mo developed an almost automatic baby hook this year, which he didn't have in years past. He's stopped settling for so many jumpers and takes it to the hole. Eddie's shot has steadily improved over the past two months of the season, and Posey has been playing consistently well when the Rockets play well and have a fast break offense.

The only point I might agree with is Cat and the offense, but even then, I think Cat has shown improvement.

12. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bag0crap, becoming an official senior in high school this summer doesn't mean you are automatically "crowned" as a senior member here. You have to actually earn it... and making things up, like the Information Minister we all know, is not the best way! The insider you know is the guy who knows the guy who knows the guys who dates the guy that plays the drums in the intro.

(I'm joking, sorry to bust your balls bahoboy!)

13. sun12

sun12 Member

Brown has more talent than Griffin. I have watched him play. He just did not get much minutes.

I would trade EG for Brown in a heartbeat. I would do a Cat for Brown trade or M. Taylor for Brown trade if the salary matches.

Brown will be an all-star in 3 years.

14. Fatty FatBastard

please stop posting here. It's a stupid thread.

15. Sane

Sane Member

Players with small hands never make it big in the NBA. Kwame won't be an All Star, while Griffin could've put up HUGE numbers playing in the East alongside Micheal Jordan. Kwame just bickered and lost the opportunity of a lifetime.

You want Kwame? He's available. But there's a reason he's available, it's because MJ played with him and mentored him, and decided he wasn't going to be much. If Griffin continues to bulk up, he could become a premier PF in the East next season.

16. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

How can you say that Brown has more talent than Griffin?:confused:
    Thats bullsh*t. Kwame plays in the east, and alongside MJ. But he hasn't been good at all.
    Kwame got potential, but not as good potential as EG.
    And the minutes is bullsh*it again. He plays 2min less than EG(22mpg).
    Still EG got more boards, more steals, more blocks, more assists, less to and more points.
    And they are at the same age. Both got great potential, but EG is better. And he is going to be better in the future too.

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

If the draft was done over again, most gm's would still take brown over griffin because griffin has poor footwork to say the least.

18. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

And Brown has great footwork and has proven to be a fundamental good player. A smart player to say the least.....:p

19. robbieg

robbieg Member

you want the truth?

a. most(99%) posters on this board have zero credibility. Didnt want amare over griffin,or lewis. Nuff said.

b.griffin cant dribble. He gets his points because ming is tripled. And griffin stills misses over half of his layups. Brown doesnt have the luxary of ming to get open looks that griffin blows.

c.griffin=pot smoker

d.griffin=weak,will take years to even come close to the muscle of brown,(unless riods are used)

e.bad footwork,cant guard side to side,or backpeddle. He looks like a freakin stiffy.

f.all his jumpers are flat like darts. Brown actually has a sweat lookin jumper.

g.brown has better handles,hops,HANDS,defense,body,aggressiveness,and he isnt shy to actaully talk once in a blue moon

h.have you ever seen griffin palm a ball,or dunk one-handed? If anybody has small hands its griffin.have you ever seen griffin take it to the cup strong? have you ever seen griffin dive for a loose ball without getting hurt?

I.brown= 250,6'11....griffin=225,6'10

rest my case.

ps: its not as easy to pack on 25 lbs of pure muscle as you think. Griffin doesnt have a wide frame like Brown to even carry more weight.

20. GB_Rocket

GB_Rocket Contributing Member

of course robbieg has got tons of credibility....