1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sixers 11/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Ultimate6thMan

Good game JLin.

2. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Go watch the Raptors game and see how well both Lin and James can play with eachother. Go watch the pistons, Atlanta, OKC, NY and plenty of other games of last season two. Heck look at the Pacers games in the preseason. Once Harden becomes healthier, they can play together. You have the best SG when he is healthy in Harden and If Lin keeps this kind of offensive game going a top 5 or at worst 7 point guard in the league. Then there is the best C to throw in the mix.

I know it's a stretch, by years end we could be saying Harden and Lin and Howard as that third wheel.

3. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I think Harden and Howard are getting a bit taste of Linsanity.....be maxed players some may like it and others may frown on it. It's a tough proposition....Houston with Kmart and Howard would have been an ideal fit for Lin....with Howard and Harden....Lin isn't the best fit.

4. Oracle

Oracle Member

Just a one more short comment on the 3pt shooting. Chris Paul shot tonight 0-6 and Danny Green 0-2. Don't kill Garcia for 0-3. He's in a very good company. Kevin Durant shot tonight 2-6, same as Casspi, so here too, keep the proportions. Go and look at the stats how teams shot the 3 ball tonight and get some perspective.

5. sli

sli Member

It seemed to me more like Hawes dominating Howard rather than Howard dominating Hawes, which was very surprising to me. Howard against Hawes didn't look like Superman at all, more like ordinary.

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Philly did not win it, we blew it. They did nothing special. We gave them the game with putrid defense.If the beat us and played great then the anger would be less.

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Howard dominated the 6ers for 3 quarters but in the 4th the 6ers decided to park him on the perimeter and stretch howard out. That forced Howard out of his comfort zone and opened the la

8. afk

afk Member

I was yelling out "FOUL" when we had the 3 point lead. Not know if that's coach's decision not to foul or low BB IQ from our players.

9. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

If I have to have one reasonable comment about this game, it is that: some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statute.

This is just one of those days when the Rockets were the statute.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You do know going into this game Lin and harden had a nearly identical turnover/minute number and after tonight Lin will be slightly worse in?

I continue to be baffled by people who still go off raw totals as proof of anything. Minutes and the amount you control the ball are huge factors in many categories including turnovers.

11. Grigori

Grigori Member

They need to pass to each other more early in the shot clock.

They have worked the best when the ball gets passed from one to the other. Both players draw enormous amounts of defensive attention when they have the ball in their hands. When one attacks off the other getting the defense off balance, that is when the entire team gets easy baskets.

If Harden wasn't so dead set on going iso so often, then it wouldn't matter who initiated the offense. Some of the Harden drives passed out to a Lin drive were some of the prettiest of plays. Harden and Lin setting picks for each other were also money.

Last season, Lin would drive and Harden would move to receive a pass, and the drives and shots off those passes were just money and vice versa. This season Harden just wants to dribble out the clock iso, then either shoot or try for a last-second assist. When Lin drives Harden just stands there. I mean, WTF is up with that?

It's like was pointed out earlier in the thread, our team assists dropped to just over 18 a game this season before today with Harden iso on steroids. We blew away our previous season high of 21 assists tonight with Harden out by handing out 34 dimes, despite most of our players bricking wide open shots all night.

I mean, seriously...c'mon...something's got to give here...

12. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Ln's defense was not good for the night. Take off the rose coloured glasses. He was fantastic on offense, but he was not good or anywhere near close to it for most of the night. The whole teams defense was bad. We were lucky Philly is not that good . If we played a team like the Spurs or Miami we would have had a 130 lus score up against again.Clippers game all over.

13. afk

afk Member

Updated. English-bad-late-night.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Chris Paul went for 14 points, 16 assists, 7 rebounds, and 3 steals.

Kevin Durant went 33 points, 10 assists, and 6 rebounds,

Francisco Garcia did not score.

But by all means let's get some perspective. :grin:

15. muas2010

muas2010 Member

True. And to add a curve ball to your post, Lin's 34 points, 12 assists, and 5 rebounds makes him elite with the best for tonight.:eek:

16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Toronto smashed the Grizzlies to show that they were no easy beats.

17. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Of course i'm not surprised. These Lin haters who want so badly to see him trip because they dont think he's all that good for some ungodly reason then go on to hold him to superstar status. McHale's too in love with Beverley, I would've taken him out, tried brewer on Anderson and put Lin on WRoten who wasnt exactly struggling with Bev's defense.

THis is like people getting upset at a baseball player who goes 1-5 with a grandslam and 4 strikeouts. IT's a long season, you cant stop everyone. OUtside of CP3, this is really the only other game I can look at and say Lin didn't do so hot on the defensive end. It's going to happen, but you want the 6th man to come in and spot start, drop 30+ pts, 10+ assists rebounds and then lock down his man at the same time?? That's the type of expectations for LeBron James!

18. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Dude, just send him back to the Knicks. You houston doesn't want him.

19. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

as i have observed, Casspi and Garcia are sort of highbreed set shoot/jump shooters as they require little jump/lift to launch their respective shots and they actually set their arms up in their shooting motion.

20. Oracle

Oracle Member

With all due respect I don't quite agree with that. Anderson was a 33.3% 3pt shooter (of 27 attempts). Tonight he shot 75% (of 8 attempts). Tonight he shot 100% from the line when he previously was a 50% shooter by making more attempts (6) than he has made the whole season (4).

Spencer Hawes is a very good 3pt shooter and he shot even beyond his stats tonight. How do you stop a 7'1' 3pt shooter? That's 27 points from those two and that neutralized JLin's 3pt production. Still the Rockets won the 3pt shooting by 45 pts to 33 pts.

The Rockets were better in assists by 34 to 29, blocks by 15 to 8, and Dreb by 37 to 35. The Rockets lost in steals by 8 to 12 and in TOs by 19 to 13.

If the Rockets learn how to limit the TO's, I don't see why games like this would not have been a W even with the present defense.