1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why so much hate/blame placed on Lin? I think he's been playin well...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by jisangNY1, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

The sad thing about this comment is they are valid but people are going to say. "Cleverly disgusted Lin is better" then you'll get called a LOF if you say anything nice about him or negative about our stars.

2. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Okay I am going to say it: there is not much hate/blame on Lin this season. There seriously isn`t.

People saying Beverly should start don`t do that to hate on Lin, but because they think he can maximize his talents when he doesn`t have to share the ball too much with Harden.

People calling out Lin for turnovers or bad plays ain`t necessarily hating - people are calling out every player on this team. Howard? Parsons? Beverly? Asik? Harden? Harden actually gets a lot more hate than Lin in this forum (mostly from LOFs).

And that`s probably why you think people are hating Lin - when LOFs hate on Harden, McHale or other players, Rockets fans get sensitive. And when LOFs are praising Lin for "normal" stuff or keep on saying stuff like Lin is better than Harden, people tend to "show" people, that Lin isn`t as good as LOFs are thinking. And yes, they may be overcritical sometimes just because they are tired of the name calling for Harden and McHale.

But overall there is not much Lin hate on here - sure, some people hate Lin, because they think he is overrated, but those people are very few. We have a lot more Harden haters on here. Most people are very satisfied with the season he has been playing so far. Lin-fans just tend to be very sensitive about their player and don`t understand, that the negativity towards Lins comes from their negativity about other players and coaches in order to show how great Lin is.

So no hate, not more blame than Harden/Howard/Parsons - just normal critizicsm that may get a little more extreme because of the bashing/hate some LOFs handle out to other players.

1 person likes this.
  3. Play07

Play07 Member

people like you are making rockets fans that like LIN get a bad rep, lin is 6th man and has not been blamed much around here, it all starts with howard and harden then parsons....

4. ccrystal99

ccrystal99 Member

I am a Lin fan, and I will forever support him, but I am starting to believe that much of the hate is due to his fans. If you stop starting threads like this, there will be less hate. I think most of Rockets fans see the truth, and they are not racists. Please don't push them to the opposit side of Lin. Please don't bring your anger in discussion here. If you want to see a good career of Lin, please just sit back and watch for a while. I trully believe he will be fine, no matter what. If Lin had not been such a good guy, he would have been destoried by some of his fans.

5. jisangNY1

jisangNY1 Member

I've been around the U.S. a lot longer than you probably have, and seen other Asia athletes go through the same thing, so it's not "his fans" that is the cause.

I've seen it since all the way to when Len Sakata was playing for the Orioles in the 80s, and when Nomo first broke into the major leagues in 1995. It goes way back, son...

6. jisangNY1

jisangNY1 Member

Sorry, I meant Asian athletes.

7. Play07

Play07 Member

you come to a rockets blog and post stuff like this ? people dont want to hear about your theories here !

never thought I would say this..... but clutch can you lock this thread up !! lol

8. jisangNY1

jisangNY1 Member

Don't like hearing the truth now, do you?

9. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

You think this is bad? SMH......it was a hundred times worse in April!!!

Watch out, the SA and the SS might appear soon.

10. ccrystal99

ccrystal99 Member

Really? how are your suree that you have been in the US longer than me? I have been here more than 30 years. I am not here to discuss social issues here. It is not fair to put such big topic on Lin or on the fans here. Discuss your social issues somewhere else. I just want to see Jeremy playing basketball.

11. jisangNY1

jisangNY1 Member

I'm also talking about the Rockets and how, neither Beverly or Lin is the cause for the teams recent poor performance lately. They've both been playing pretty well, tbh.

I think the coaching has been ridiculous, though. Mchale was a great player, but he's been a lousy coach. Also, Dwight's got to start improving on his free throws, or the team is screwed. And James H. has got to stop pounding the ball and start making his moves a lot quicker than he has recently; it's hurting the teams ball movement.

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Thats the problem. You are too focused on this aspect when everyone else is looking at it from a 'team' perspective.

I never realized until this bbs how divisive, and homer to 'asian athletes' a seemingly large portion of the asian community appears to be.

Every chance that comes up there is this chip on the asian fan base about their players. It reminds me of invoking the race card when there is nothing there. For some reason many in the asian section seemed to have singled out harden I suppose because somehow he is stealing touches from harden? wtf :confused:

I am not asian and I freaking loved yao. I am not asian and I like lin.

Thanks for making it about asian athletes when it has nothing to freaking do with that.

THIS IS GETTING VERY VERY TIRED

13. ccrystal99

ccrystal99 Member

If you want to discuss coaching, then discuss coaching. Why do you have to bring it in under the name of Lin? No wonder he get whipped all the time because people like you just can't leave him alone. Pick your battle and be smart about your strategy!

14. t3ddt3ch

t3ddt3ch Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. GageD

GageD Member

I notice jisangNY1 hates black people.

16. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

People like him? OP is an old timer with a 2002 join date while your join date suggests that you're probably a bandwagon fan.

17. esteban

esteban Member

Asians need to go out and mug some people, shoot some cops, rape some women, put out some really offensive music(oops, you guys already got the karaoke part down so never mind). When the Asian perp gets shot and the cops are found not guilty, you guys needs to riot and burn everything down.

I have a feeling that Asians are too busy studying, solving problems, inventing things, saving lives....so you guys don't have time to do any of the things suggested above.

You see, the American fans don't like any athletes they think that are soft or different looking(although you can make a case for some none Asian ballers-Sam Cassell is excluded because he is our beloved ET).

So vent away Asian posters who feel slighted, I feel your pain and don't let any closest racist dismiss your plight.

18. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Come one now, there is no Lin hate, at least not much. There is some LOF-hate, I give you that, but there is a reason for that (Rockets fans in general seem to be annoyed, some take it too far).

Really, if you`d analyze this site I am sure there would be more hate dished out by LOF towards Harden/McHale than there is towards Lin!

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

In a nutshell.

20. davek

davek Member

OP, its extremely disturbing with the amount of hate out there...I don't get it either...
    I'm extremely happy with Lins performance...and I like the idea how's he's now starting on the 2nd line....so fans will stop putting blame on him....but to my surprise he's still getting **** for everything!?! I just don't get it...I guess its easier to pick on him or something...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.