1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PlayStation 4 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The wording of my email seems odd, I feel like I might be able to get a free game instead of the buy 1-get 1. I suppose I'll use it either way and probably sell both extra games for a controller and PS Eye. But if I do get games... is NBA 2K14 worth it? Better than the Lego game? I'm not even sure what type of game the Lego game is. I'd also get Madden 25. BF4 is the only game I actually want.

2. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Official PS4 unboxing:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YQUpg795iBo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Seems like they might have used the same set from Daft Punk's RAM unboxing.

Well...we know these guys really love RAM.

(Also, got to love another Shu appearance)

3. SK34

SK34 Member

Anybody want PS2 w/ a lot of games? I'm donating it... LOOL

4. SK34

SK34 Member

The box also has Micheal JOrdan AIR Time VCR video.

5. Swag

Swag Member

anyone know any sneaky places that won't sell out of ps4s?

6. BigTex

BigTex Member

7. bongo33

bongo33 Member

Do you guys think there's any chance of getting one of these without pre-order or camping on Friday? :(

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm down to take your PS2 games bro!

9. Bassfly

Bassfly Member

I'm getting FIFA, Knack and a shooter game... which one is everyone else getting?

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

KILLZONE!

11. SK34

SK34 Member

Oh alright. It also has a monitor lol. Shoot me an email at shayankabani gmail

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

When will the PS4 game reviews be out? I want to see how Knack, NBA2K14 and the Lego game are received before using my Amazon code.

13. RC Cola

There's a review event for today and tomorrow. I suppose some reviews will come out from that.

14. RC Cola

Not really that noteworthy since lots of people already got games (including some of you), but got my copies of Killzone and Knack today from Amazon. :)

Haven't really noticed anything noteworthy coming out of the review event today. There was a new hands-on look at inFamous on the PS Blog. Games looks great. Definitely looking forward to it next year.

edit: Oh wait, I forgot. There was some clarification on how game installs work. It seems like most/all games will install data. This will be done primarily in the background, but it is up to the dev to work that out. It seemed like they were initially going to do some automatic deletion of old install data, but it sounds like they will leave that up to the gamer to handle manually (didn't want to remove something and surprise the user).

So yeah...500GB is looking pretty small.

15. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

IGN's review for 2k14 is coming out tonight at 9 PM. Fifa 14 was already reviewed earlier today and got a 9.1

Safe to say 2k14 will get at least a 9.5 from IGN.

16. KlicKlac

KlicKlac Member

Argh, now I'm really on the edge towards getting the PS4, but I'm not ready to get duped like I did with the Wii U on launch day. I think it will be safer to wait a few weeks and see what people think. A lot of games get hyped up so much at release day every time a new system comes out.

17. RC Cola

In case I or someone else forget to post it, I think an embargo on the PS4's UI and storefront has lifted (or was busted?). IGN is about to put up an article/video on it I think.

Some tweets by Greg Miller:
    https://twitter.com/GameOverGreggy

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I've read that Costco and Sam's Club are good spots to try your luck.

19. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Agreed. Got my dearly departed first 360 from Costco on launch day and showed up late the night before.

20. -Rockets

-Rockets Member

Purchased a Watch Dogs bundle on Amazon that got demoted to a Launch Console pre-order and when hearing about the BOGO coupon that some people were getting I chatted with a rep and complained about not getting the code. Rep listened and just told me to go ahead and order a game and she'll handle it. Simply enough, I did and 5 minutes later I see this in my orders:

[​IMG]
    Didn't get to order another game or anything yet. Props to the amazon rep if this actually goes through.