1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin tried to call a play, Harden ignored it

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bob718, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Harden wanted the ball and Lin started calling a play so he turned his back and walked while Lin was still communicating to the other members of the team. Harden thinks it is his shot only in the last 2-3 min of each half. By the way, he missed the last shot of the first half.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol so many haters. You know your team is good when half of the general NBA fanbase hates on em.

As for this thread it has been established that Harden ran the play, he did not ignore it. Anyone arguing otherwise is revealing their bias.

3. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

So when Beverley, Lin and Harden are in the game, who is the 3? 6 foot 1 Beverley? smh.

As if you can't switch the 2 and 3. Or the 4 and 5. Or have a different player run the point for that play.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

The jump- shooter-late in games?

Drive DA, DRIVE Harden - dribble dribble hold the ball - brick

5. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Ppl don't realize that Lin actually has a fairly high IQ (basketball and everyday). I used to think Harden did as well but he is starting to look like a prima donna b**** out there. I wish we had Ray Allen instead of Harden.

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

You might be right but it doesn't any matter in Harden's hand. As great as his gamewinner against the Spurs last season was, it was 1 out a ton of close games that were lost on a bricked, contested jumper or a bad TO.

7. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

yeah but the difference is kobe keep making and this one keep choking:rolleyes:

8. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Very clever of you to ignore all of the games that James Harden won us last year.

9. adobo

adobo Member

Props for this nice analytics. I understand what was the original play that was called by Lin, and when they didn't switch Bev should have cut in when Parson's was driving and double teamed. Would have been easy points. I guess tho, every play where it doesnt work you can always disect who did what wrong, so ppl should not get too hanged up on this. I just hope they learn from this and minimise this lack of understanding and communication

10. timyeung

timyeung Member

Kobe also plays D and has rings.

11. Richie7

Richie7 Member

Kobe also gives assists.

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I don't hate harden and love his game overall, but he needs better D and better late game decision making I f he wants to be a superstar

13. Calamity.12

Calamity.12 Member

Did you see him last year? The days of playing D are over for him

14. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

he tried to help him up lol but he needed to stay down for a bit cuz he was hurt
    chill guys
    everyone was upset at lin last night not just harden
    but im pretty sure they are cool now were good to go
    lets hope they beat the crap out of the clippers tmrw

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I like how so many people are ignoring these two posts:

Probably the post with the most logic and evidence to support it but some people are going to chalk it off as nothing because it's not controversial enough (or because this post does not conform with the perceived notion that Lin is faultless)

Seriously, this team has enough problems already. Why are people so hellbent on creating a controversy when there isn't one? Just leave it alone. This whole team has problems, and this whole team has a lot of work to do.

16. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

he did play D b4 and when he got the rings. this one havent done anything yet.

17. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Says the people with the blinding bias. That play is blown up firstly by Harden not just moving to the correct spot as dictated by the pg to begin with. Secondly by Harden casually strolling to the corner wasting even more time. Thirdly he made no effort to actually run the play.

If he does this on D...why is it so hard for you knuckle heads to see he isn't pleased and not engaged in the play? I have been screaming for months how lazy and terrible Hardens D is and it took you guys a year to finally see it. Just like you have your blinders on for his lack of effort on O when he doesn't get the ball for an isolated.

18. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Since: Apr 2004

The thread is OK.

19. yao_fan

yao_fan Member

Something is not right here. If Lin is so smart, he should call a timeout at 0:11.

20. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I wonder if Lin is too much of a "coach's pet" always running the right play and doing what the coach says? Would such behavior annoy "superstars" who want the coach to kiss their a**?