1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wendy Davis Once Sued Disney For Causing Her Mental Harm

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobmarley, Nov 7, 2013.

1. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

My friend, I have good news - a great policy for you to get behind! Why don't we have the federal government pay for free IUDs at hospitals to any woman who wants one? They're cheap, reversible, extremely effective, and work in a way acceptable to even the most rabid pro-lifers - by preventing the sperm from fertilizing the egg in the first place.

Combined with an outreach/information campaign to inform the public, this would do wonders to reduce the number of abortions in this country. How about it, friend? Is this something you'd support? Or is the abortion issue just an excuse to make life harder for women you think are slutty?

2. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

If my mother never had an abortion at 19, I would never have been born 4 years later when my parents were married and employed and could afford to feed me. Or would you all have preferred to support my food, clothing and shelter for my first 18 years with public tax money instead?

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

logic flaws everywhere

4. rudan

rudan Member

I'm sorry that you lost a family member at such a young age. May your older sibling's spirit watch over you for the rest of your life :(

5. DwightHoward13

I would argue churches and charities would do a better job. Give them a tasks that need to be fulfilled, and they will do it more efficiently than the government. The government as an entity is attempting to replace what churches have left. When each church actually works as a unit trying to improve their respective communities, the government programs are not needed. The example I would give is America from its inception up until the 1960s.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol republicans in this thread. And then you guys wonder why nobody takes you seriously. ****ing psychopaths.

7. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

My friend, I think you have the cause and effect reversed. It wasn't that the government programs arrived and then churches stopped helping people - it's because before these programs, private charities were nowhere near sufficient to meet the needs of the people, particularly the poor and elderly. Far too many Americans were living in preventable misery. If you don't believe me, take a look at the VERY religious societies in Central and South America. Private charities simply aren't capable of delivering social services at the scale their people need.

By the way, I would also encourage you to have a look at your church's finances some time. The vast majority of their funds are spent on the building and salaries. Religions exist to grow bigger. Community aid is, at best, a side gig.

8. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Greg Abbott used to drive across town to River Oaks to jog. One day during a storm he was jogging and a tree hit him and parolized him from the waist down.

He sues the homeowner and settles for millions. Im pretty sure Wendy's lawsuit will not be an issue.

9. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Nice deflection.

How about you actually comment on her lawsuit?

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My comment on her lawsuit is a two parter. Who the hell cares? Why is it an issue?

If it is an issue, how is this worse that Abbott's law suit? So again, who cares?

11. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I'm a republican I just think Greg Abbott is a piece of **** and my comment on her lawsuit is it's ridiculous but considering who she is running against it's a non issue

12. Nook

Nook Member

Are you capable of reading?

He did comment on her lawsuit.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's not a deflection if he's comparing two candidates for office in an arena the OP chose to raise.

It's like, if people complain about the war in Iraq, it is totally fair and relevant to mention that an overwhelming majority of democratic legislators authorized the use of force.

Here, if we're going to talk about frivolous and/or stupid and/or morally bereft lawsuits, well you brought up a molehill when the topic has a mountain standing in the rival camp.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

15. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I know right, the other day I was like "look at Joe, he's all curled up in the fetal position," and he was all like "how dare you sir...."

16. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Or maybe he would have never been born at all, because his overwhelmed mother would not have wanted another child after having to struggle to take care of one she wasn't ready for and prevented her from finding stability. Way to mess with God's plan rudan, you basically are saying that you wish Deji had never been born.

17. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Wendy Davis is a great example of the bootstrappers American dream and yet is demonized by the right? What a joke. If you're pro-birth I understand why you'll vote against her. You are behind the times by forty odd years. America is pro-choice and getting more so everyday. You are a dying breed (sad face). You aren't just ranting that Wendy is a "baby killer" but that the majority of Americans are baby killers. Good luck with that approach. Otoh, attacking Wendy as being stupid, when you support people like Palin, is.....seriously....stupid. Texas isn't turning blue, it's turning BACK to blue. Check your history.

18. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

And she would kick the crap out of Palin in a street fight. Just sayin.'

19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

You can argue it but facts and history show otherwise. Good hearted church folks never had enough volunteers to take care of the the elderly before social security or Medicare and the Chip and Wic programs have done much better than the churches on food and healthcare for kids.

#79 glynch, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  20. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

If Wendy can win another million Texans get Medicaid with a stroke of her pen. ;