1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This loss feels G O O D

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Nov 8, 2013.

1. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Agreed. Except this time Tmac II isn't clutch and Yao II can't shoot free throws (but at least they're both healthy!).

2. gifford1967

gifford1967 Member
    Supporting Member

I was more upset by that loss than any in recent memory. Where's the pride? And Harden is a phenomenal talent, but his no-D bull**** is seriously pissing me off. You'd think the embarrassment of watching his man blow by him would be enough motivation.

Given how they played 4/5 of the game, I'm glad they lost b/c they didn't deserve to win and now the glaring problems won't be obscured.

3. cebunit

cebunit Member

I dont know if the team is having issues with each other or why. But what I can tell you is that these guys aren't moving the ball. All of them Harden with iso , Howard with not kicking it out, Lin on breakaways. These guys looked like it was some pick up basketball team.

I really hope that there isnt any drama. And for once I would love Dwight to go out there and smash. Smile all you want and goof around all you want but go hulk smash when you are on the court.

This team is still trying to figure out its own system and if the TT aren't working, switch them. They came back from a 19pt deficit and almost won. They've done this already this season and it shouldn't have to come to that.

4. haydenfisher342

What I am pissed about

Its friday, and can't listen to jim rome because he's going to rant about the rockets.

My first thought this morning was we lost to the kobeless Lakers.

Im unable to finally gloat to my laker friends

How predictable our screens are.

How predictable our offense is.

More but im done for now

5. Flops

Flops Member

What bothers me most is that the Lakers didn't even have Kobe

6. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

This is all part of the plan, do not let the lakers suck so bad they are in the running for a top 5 pick. We want them to finish around 10th in the west guys, this was Howards way of getting back at them.

7. cebunit

cebunit Member

Everyone on this team needs to practice their freethrows. They are called FREETHROWS for crying out loud. FREE! Dwight we know will miss at 50% and while that still is unacceptable, we knew that. But everyone taking turns missing? Lol

Miami would destroy this team. That **** would be ugly.

8. ManOnfire

ManOnfire Member

As silly as this sounds....I was over visiting the parents and was so irritated, I got into with my mother lol. she could hear me yelling after that shot. I left the room and she kept asking me who won, but I just didn't wanna talk about it.

9. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

If they had Kobe, they would of lose instead of win. Kobe is not going to shoot high percentage 3s and everyone knows he was going to get the ball at the end. This is a good lost. You give Steve Blake 10 shots again at that same position of the floor, he will not make 7 of them. I do not want the Rockets to coast through 82 games and then flop in the playoffs. In a 7 game series against Flakers, Rockets will win it.

10. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

I gotta stay away from Espn untill sunday afternoon at least, just gonna read Dan Rafael's friday chat...

11. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

I hope she didn't tell you not to get so upset because "it's just a game."

12. htownbandit

htownbandit Rookie

Parsons inbounding the ball to Dwight at the end was the fatal mistake.

13. ManOnfire

ManOnfire Member

That's exactly what she told me!!!

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Losing to the Lakers ALWAYS pisses me off BIG TIME. It doesn't matter if we are a contender or not.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding. I had a strong feeling after the first half that whether we made a good run, or not, this game was going down as a loss, and yeah, it pisses me off. The predictable reaction around here certainly doesn't make me feel better.

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

I feel good about the loss, too.

Why? Because the Rockets deserved to lose this game. They didn't play well enough to win, and hopefully they'll take away a lesson or two about effort. You can't go through an entire season assuming you'll be able to come back from a 20-point deficit against mediocre teams.

#36 topfive, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  17. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

With this i just remember when the Rockets were starless and 19 points ahead of teams. Makes it feel better.

Also the Rockets are going to get every ones best shot now. BIG target on them.

18. Normalus

Normalus Member

What a shame lose. Howard 5/16 FT's. We should end up games with Asik, he atleast improved his FT%.

19. BigM

BigM Member

Great thread, I felt the same way. I can't remember the last time I felt so ****ty about a loss and that includes the Texans. I have big expectations for this team and losing to mediocre teams doesn't compute in my brain as part of the plan. But I know it's a process and there's probably going to be more bad losses in the future. Ultimately I still see a time when this roster clicks and we start crushing people. We've seen glimpses of that in the first 6.

20. Grinds

Grinds Member

McGrady-Yao was a fail. So safe to say it's a bad thing.

The problem is we're only 6 games in. We're on pace for 14 FT losses.

17 is almost half as 24?