1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Jeremy fairly/unfairly being treated as the scapegoat?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Nov 8, 2013.

1. queazie

queazie Member

Lin taking the beating like a man will make him tougher and make him a good leader years to come. Stay strong Mr Lin.

2. grauser01

grauser01 Member

Lin is the most consistent player in this team and still the scapegoat :grin:

The problem is that Harden wants to be the hero, Howard wants to be hero & Parsons wants to become the third star (fighting for a new contract).

It seems that the chemistry is broken a bit.

The guys who are really unselfish are Lin, Beverly and Garcia. I think they will do everything for the team and are not looking for their own reputation.

I think that McHale should call everybody together to make clear which duties every single player has.

The parts for a great team are there. You have 2 rebound machines (Asik & Howard), 2 playermakers and scorers (Lin & Harden), 1 defensive energy guy (Beverly), 1 guy like Parsons, 2 good shooters (Casspi & Garcia), some talents (D-Mo, T-Jones), some ok/good fillers (Brooks, Brewer).

You really can't lose against the Lakers with an inefficient Nash at home if you are putting all the parts together correctly.

Maintain the good offense from last season with Lin as PG, get Harden more open shots & take the ball away from him except for some plays. This should save his energy to defend.

Improve the team defense. More PnR. Then this team should be unbeatable for most of the teams (except OKC, SAS, MIA).

3. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I see it I feel sorry for the guy. I've never posted in a Jeremy Lin thread but he gets the blame. We should move him. Sucks because I think he makes the team better. Or just don't play him with Howard or Harden.

4. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Hmm no idea but Jeremy Lin's FT last game 5-8, something must be bothering his mind :rolleyes:

5. calcium

calcium Member

According to Kevin Pelton, he of SCHOENE, turnovers in a young player
    is not a bad thing.

http://regressing.deadspin.com/nba-stat-guru-kevin-pelton-on-greg-oden-the-fraudulent-1453982395

[snippet]
    Which bad traits in a young player are good indicators for future improvement, a la strikeout rate with Nate Silver's PECOTA? (Is it still mainly turnovers?)

In general, it's the ability to create offense. That manifests itself in usage rate, unassisted shots (not part of SCHOENE) and yes, turnovers. The latter is the most counterintuitive because obviously they are negative in the short term. In the long term, there is some evidence that high-turnover players develop more, presumably because they're trying to make plays and eventually those mistakes will become successes.
    [end snippet]

6. grauser01

grauser01 Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c9dClaPKgk

0:07

you can see Lin's calling for a play but nobody's listening to.

At 0:11 Lin seems to be upset. Where is the chemistry?

It was not good that McHale impowered Lin because the other players don't listen to him anymore.

7. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Harden doesn't listen to McHale either. It all starts from the top. Coach needs to learn to keep his boys in line else we're f***ed.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

They did end up running some weird version of horns

but Beverly and Harden just stood at the baseline for some reason.

9. queazie

queazie Member

And at the very very end of the video, you can see Harden calling Lin over to discuss some issues

10. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

..+1..

11. kastuul

kastuul Member

[​IMG]

Lin had a heavy fall.
    Harden and Parsons walked away.

That's pathetic

12. Jovial

Jovial Member

Jeremy should ask for trade. It's a torture to play with these guys.

Especially PSS, his character is questionable. Lin brought him flashlights and even took him to Taiwan while he is the one who betrayed him first.

13. izeroi

izeroi Member

This, but I'll agree that it seems he's being used as a scapegoat. His play making is "ok" but I don't think he should get all of the blame for plays not being executed at times.

14. Wushang_bj

Wushang_bj Member

Let Lin go.

15. Wushang_bj

Wushang_bj Member

Agreed.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Who is "PSS?"

In the course of a few games it went from "all the guys are best friends" to "poor baby Jeremy! Torture to play with these guys!"

[​IMG]

17. ERC

ERC Member

This is a rhetorical question, right?

Small sample caveat, but thru 6 games, Lin:
    -ties Dwight for 1st in FG% amongst rotation players (54%)
    -ties Casspi for 1st in 3p FG% (43.8%)
    -is our 3rd top scorer behind H&H despite playing much fewer minute and getting fewer touches
    -averages more ppg than Parsons, despite playing 6 fewer minutes than Parsons
    -his 43.8% from trey is a whopping <B>16%</B>higher than that of Harden and Beverley. Yes, you are reading this correctly. Check out stats.nba.com if you don't believe me.

I'm not saying Lin has a perfect game (he doesn't) and I too cringe whenever he makes those boneheaded plays, but "unfair" doesn't even begin to describe the vitriol towards Lin, which he does NOT deserve.

18. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Cliffnotes:

[youtube]kHmvkRoEowc[/youtube]

19. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

edit.

#159 Voice of Aus, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

As someone has mentioned above...there is a lack of one voice on offense...Harden wants his own thing, Dwight wants his...Mchale wants his, Lin, Parsons..etc...the key to success is doing what is necessary to win. Coach Pop earned his respect by treating all his stars and bench warmers fairly. Mchale has lost the Coaching respect of the team. Losing Lin to another team is not gonna change anything. Our new scapgoat is gonna be Beverly or Parsons...