1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA tells Rose to stop wearing neck tape

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Yellow, Nov 6, 2013.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Is there a transparent version of the tape he can use, so its not as visible?

2. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Damn Orem why do you care so much about it. He believes it helps him. Who cares let it go.

3. GraingerGuy

GraingerGuy Member

Of course I read my own link. But it's significantly beneficial for CERVICAL pain. This is a thread about him wearing stuff on his neck. Therefore my assertion via the pubmed article is valid. Did you even read my quote?

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Lakers' fan should try taping their sore butts with that stuff.

5. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

A little late for that, all these tatoos make most of these players look silly! Wish they could go the way of nut-huggers except the are pretty much permanent.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This guy needs the tapes.

[​IMG]

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

There isnt a lot of medical evidence for a lot of new treatments. It's one thing to say there never has been any evidence when speaking of a treatment that's been around forever vs a newer treatment for which they haven't found evidence (yet).

8. Ashes

Ashes Member

You seem to be really bothered by this.

9. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

The link I posted suggested that Kinesio tape has been around since the 70s, and they've yet to really come up with any strong medical evidence for it. That seems like long enough to me (especially if it had a significant effect).

FWIW, I don't think the NBA should be banning this per se, although it does seem silly for players like Rose to be using it. Rather the NBA just educated its athletes better so they don't fall for stuff like that.

(of course, that's even assuming the NBA was doing this for the right reasons...as mentioned, it might have simply been for silly business reasons)