1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 11/5/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Man you are tripping, we won and both players played their part in helping us win this game. Lin's tenacious defense, scoring, running the team and effort. Bev's energy, offensive rebounds, tenacious defense and scoring. LOL

2. bws

bws Member

That's fine but when Harden has a monster game or Dwight, I see nothing wrong with saying so. When Beverley is the key factor and Lin is less, that's should be pointed out too. In each game, they'll be lead players.

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

LOL you don't understand why people always blame Lin when they should be blaming McHale? (You're playing the blame game yourself, don't you see?)

You have to analyze it a little more. To be precise, they post blame claims about Lin. Why do they post, you should ask. Because there are 200 other posters saying Lin is Steve Nash + Jackie Robinson and "FIRE MCFAIL" and "Bev sucks" and "James ISOHERO Harden."

Lin fans don't simply love Lin, they post hateful things about other Rockets. This leads other people to post reactions against the Lin lovers/Rox haters. Personally, as a Rockets fan I am happy when Lin makes a good play. But I post fewer favorable posts about Lin because 1) there will already be 50 posts saying the same thing, 2) I don't want to encourage the Lin fans who fill this board with hate for McHale, Beverley, and Harden.

4. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Jesus Christ, has every thread turned into Lin vs Beverly? We won the game, they both played well. They are both Rockets. Support our team, talk about the win, Howard and Hardens monster game.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Indeed, damn near every thread turns into a Lin verses Bev battle.

6. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

for the sake of winning, I prefer lin coming of the bench... it just works

7. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Take away from the game.

The refs don't have it out for us.

That is all. Oh, and we played great. Enjoyed the game.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't know. I need to see more this season. Lin was the better on-the-ball defender last night than Bev :eek:. Never thought I would ever said that.

But, in general, Lin does fairly well against bigger guards while struggling against small speedy guard (then Lilliard happen - surprised the heck out of me). While, Bev is I think the exact opposite. So I don't know.

9. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Bev will be better next game... coming of a minor injury can sometimes cause you to doubt your abilities at first till you get comfortable.

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol the Clippers score blew that out, a better indication of team defence is the other teams field goal efficiency and field goal percentage

Houston are 6th in opponents field goal percentage, the other teams are a combined .420 and when you factor in the Clippers and how they went nuts, it would be much lower without that game

11. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Lin and Harden can co-exist, but Lin will never play up to his potential with Harden.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

McHale should have squashed this nonsense from the get go. Better yet he shouldn't have started it in the 1st place.

I see everything that is going on around here as well as other Rockets sports forums. And you are right but its all party's that are tripping over IMO nothing.

All I can say is be yourself and don't worry about encouraging Lin fans. It is so easy to hit the ignore button. Even though I haven't done that as of yet.

13. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

With Beverley, the Rockets might have beaten the Clippers. The key is slowing down Chris Paul.

Douglas used to give Chris Paul fits and Beverley is an equivalent, if not better, defender.

14. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

I can see the Jackie Robinson comparisons to Lin and believe they are valid. Even though Lin is not the first ethnic Chinese in the NBA, he's the only one at the moment and is experiencing the hostile treatment from teammates, coaches, announcers and fans that a decent white or black player would not experience.

15. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

What is this based on?? Bev's reputation? On paper? It was just 1 game vs the Bobcats, but we saw how that was working out early. Once in a while Lin gets lit up, last year Lillard and Kemba come to mind but that'll happen to everyone. It's not as if it's consistently happening.

Just cause you have James Harden doesnt mean the perfect sidekick is a stand still shooter, who's the secondary playmaker? Parsons? You're going to have Harden gassed in the 4th having to do everything to start the 1st and 3rd.

Rockets like to push the pace, that's not Bev's game. You may as well start Lin who is competent defensively, and if the opposing PG goes off to start the game, bring Bev in and plays lots of Lin/Bev along the way.

And since when did Mike Conley become a scoring PG? He averages 12.4 point a game in his career.

16. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

if Russell Westbrook can with Durant, so can Lin. At some point he may just have to be more selfish. But that's just not his personality.

17. NYK Fan

NYK Fan Rookie

Blame McHale when he decided to make the "there are two PGs on this team" comment and started Beverley over Lin. You always start your best five players, not your four best, so sending Lin to your bench is implication that he is not one of the five best, so of course his defenders are going to be upset.

Not only is it an insult to Lin, it's stupid in light of how important he is to the offense, and ensuring it flows properly. Sure Harden gets most of the touches, but when Lin gets the ball, he ensures that the others around him get touches too. A happy offense means players who play harder on defense.

18. Nawad70

Nawad70 Member

Totally agree. Taiwanese thank you.

19. NYK Fan

NYK Fan Rookie

[​IMG]

20. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I'm usually not one to start name calling, but you are a ****ing idiot! How dare you compare an Asian-American athlete in 2013 to Jackie freaking Robinson. You should be ashamed of yourself, but the sad thing is, people like you probably are paranoid that Lin is somehow being discriminated against, even though he's good friends with his teammates in real life.