1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Miscalculated Lobs to Dwight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Truth, Nov 5, 2013.

1. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Was it worse than that miscalculated lob to Garcia last night? Why would anyone do that?

2. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

What in the world are you talking about??? Howard can equally get as high and maybe higher than Griffin and Jordan. You talk like Howard is 35 years old or something. He was injured in LA and he is healthy now. He keeps telling the guards to throw the ball up so he can get it.

I agree with Morlock, the guys are used to having to bounce pass to Asik and he certainly isn't a "throw the ball up" type of center. Give it time and it will come to fruition. Its been 4 games.

And what excuses are you talking about. You have a horrible track record on this forum. Wanting to fire McHale, Lin homerism, suggesting Antawn Jamison? LOL. Take a break for a while. :rolleyes:

3. hltiki

hltiki Member

It'll take time guys. But at the same time (and take this with a grain of salt), there were tons of miscommunications like this throughout last year in LA.

Granted, Howard and Nash and the rest of the LA team barely played together as a whole, but there were so many instances where just Nash and Howard could not sync with each other.

here is only an example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2TBz2phCgY

Look, when Steve Nash says ur not open, UR NOT ****IN OPEN!

However, that may again be due to personnel and lack of chemistry. I just hope Howard doesn't get frustrated and will continue to be patient and buy into his team.

4. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

5 star thread. I think the coaching staff needs to focus on practicing the lob because that can be a huge asset. We all know they troll Clutchfans!

5. Truth

Truth Member

People who are saying this is a knee-jerk reaction I think are wrong. I could see if this were Steve Francis we're talking about, complaining about lobs would be invalid because he's a PG. I'm complaining about lobs to Dwight Howard, one of the great leapers in NBA coupled with the fact he is a center. When in a 2 on 1 situation, or Dwight rolling to the basket with noone in front of him these should be GUARANTEED points. Instead we see hesitation and bounce passes in traffic. How much time do you need to realize you play with Dwight Howard?! Let him go get it! It's not rocket science... wait... nvm.

6. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

HAHAHA! I saw Harden try that and I immediately said to myself wtf are they doing out there?!

Harden looked like he had gone out the night before or something. Dude looked like he was playing with a hangover or something.

7. howo13579

howo13579 Member

I agree but to get a lob, you need open air around the basket. Guys like Jorden and Blake can out jump Howard easily. I think the problem lies on coaching staff. Howard needs to come out to set a screen for Harden, Lin, or whoever's handling the ball. At the same time bringing out his defender. All he needs to do is to roll to the basket. The ball will be there when our back court sees an opportunity.

Here's what I see during the Clipper's game.
    For a player as good as CP3, you still see him gets a screen every and I mean every possession. It's either easy layup by their PFs, CP3 taking high % jumper when the defender was a step slower fighting thru screen, or a wide open 3 pnter when the other defender came to help.

We had Harden, Lin, Brooks doing ISO crap WISHING and WAITING space gets developed itself while our good outside shooters and bigs are all standing there with defenders in their faces. Why not create own plays instead of hoping there's one within 24s?
    Other than that, phuk the refs and Harden's defense.

8. Play07

Play07 Member

Sky is not falling, but I do see something's early... 22mill can't compare to Lebron and they still went to finals

9. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

There hasn't been enough time to get the chemistry right. Perfect lobs, such as those from the Clippers and Heat, come from guys who have been playing together for years. This is the problem with blowing up cores and adding new players.

10. Play07

Play07 Member

nawh my track record is good, I hope he improves... And since you watching my post so much you are only talking about the negatives I've gave harden and Mchale plenty of credit on certain post. And was happy when we got harden. Get off the gas

11. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

Dwright need to play more PNR. period.

12. Play07

Play07 Member

And you don't bring a guy in that makes 22mill 1/3 of team salary and have to teach him post stuff & now it's we need to teach him how to catch lobs correctly... Expect some critism from things like that... No sugar coating over here

13. Truth

Truth Member

You need to head over to Youtube and search "Dwight Howard Highlights" before you say we need to teach him how to catch lobs. It's his teammates who are unable to do their part thus far.

14. Play07

Play07 Member

yeah hopefully they all start clicking, would be good to see and for the offense, would be another weapon