1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 11/4/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 3, 2013.

1. corry

corry Member

At least CP3 receives picks, Jeremy is one of the fastest in the league and he's hardly getting any. He could blow by CP3 if given the chance. I know CP3 is the best in the league but don't blame the loss on Lin. Remember the offense starts with Harden not Lin.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If Harden wanted to play he would have played. He didn't have it and he knew it.

Tomorrow he will blow up.

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Well, congrats. But you should have known that a long time ago. McHale knows what HOF players are. He doesn't care who's the big shot on this roster.

4. afk

afk Member

can't wait for tomorrow's game.

5. Entropy

Entropy Member

I didn't watch this game tonight because I was working on a paper I had to turn in. But before I checked the score or tuned into the game I thought to myself, "Rockets win or lose tonight?" After a few seconds I randomly thought, "Loss, because of the refs." Was this the case tonight? Or did the Rox suck it up?

6. leslie

leslie Member

The problem is that we don't have a 3rd point guard to back up either Brooks or Lin in this case. Also, Crawford is one of the players whom Lin couldn't stay in front of last season. CP3 would've passed the ball to Crawford and let him score at will as he did last season.

7. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Member

everyone is acting like there aren't 78 more games in the season to work out the kinks in our team

8. yunac010

yunac010 Member

All this talk about Harden and Lin, but Parsons's defense was terrible as well. Also missed some easy dunks/layups.

9. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

cuz mchale has class

10. mikster

mikster Rookie

You attacking like u'r surprised. Cp3 is unstoppable. His 17 assign is due to houston's lack of defense did u even watch the game??

11. walangjo

walangjo Member

Finally, bad play cost us and we didn't just overpower the opponent with talent.

Can't believe some people actually blame the coach or the refs. Granted we could have used Dwight more, but isn't that the reason we have Asik? 48 minutes rim protection. Sadly, perimeter is not part of the rim, I guess.

We just didn't have the energy to defend and basically gave up from the get go.

Gotta wake-up from this bad game.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I bet he was hung over this morning. I really think so.

13. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

I don't think I've seen this team set a pick through these 4 games.

14. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He wold have done a hell of a lot better then lin or brooks plus Bev inspiers his teammates to lift on defense. He is the leader on defense.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes, players have to make shots to get assists and defenders that can't pressure their man give up a lot of assists. Crazy I know.

16. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

Lin was playing in foul trouble most of the game off 2 phantom fouls. His defense isn't the reason you guys lost. Team defense sucks, especially during that first quarter where the Clippers scored 42

42 points in the first quarter mostly from Reddick, Dudley, and Griffin shooting a midrange. Who's guarding them?

17. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

Rivers is an excellent coach. He exploited the Rox’s weaknesses all night and forced them to play the Clipper’s game. They got better athletes and a better coach. It seemed the only four players on the Rox that were hustling in the first half were Parsons, Casspi, Smith, and Lin. But once Lin got his 4 fouls at half time, Paul was just toying with him for the rest of the game.

Most disappointed in Harden. :(

18. chandlerbang21

Saturday!!!!!!!!

19. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

the league is rigged Kings and Lakers game

20. 2ndchance

2ndchance Member

The clippers looked like an organized focus team tonight - very different than last year. Doc rivers is a great coach.

We looked disorganized - 5 individuals running around relying on Harden to take over which works agains many teams but no against the good ones.

If we had that type of coach, we would be Dangerous because we have the collective talent overall to be good. That's where I don't understand Morey. For a stats guy, he doesn't t us e that approach with his coaching staff. Mchales record as a coach or gm/president (cant remember which) leaves much tone desired.

1 person likes this.