1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just as drawn up - first Howard, then Harden, then Parsons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LikeMike, Nov 3, 2013.

1. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Hey Cxbby, this dude just called u a LOF

2. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Even '02'ers are tagged by douchbags as LOF's if they say something good about Lin.

This is last time this week I type "Lin" on CF

3. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

I think Lin n Parsons constitute One whole 3rd star

4. andoks

andoks Member

Every time I read the forums all you girls ever do is bicker.

5. Champ06

Champ06 Member

I don't see any problem. Is Lin a taboo word that is not allowed to be used in this forum? :confused: Can't Lin be part of the discussion this thread?

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Neither is Lin. Both of them are good role players.

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

BTW, Asik is the 3rd best and most valueable player. After Harden and Howard, Asik is the most valueable player.

8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

A lot are YOF left overs who stopped posting after yao retierd and are now LOF converts.

9. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

I believed Rockets somewhat did this on purpose. If you look at each poster before the games, they seems to know which person will shine that night:

3)
    [​IMG]

2)
    [​IMG]

1)
    [​IMG]

10. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I'm ready for us to be healthy so it can be more of a team effort rather than having to rely on one guy to step up.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He made a fair point, I wasn't referring to him.

However Parsons played the best Saturday night. And statistically, he was the second best player last year (16pts/5rbs/4ast last year) and this year he is at 14pts/8rbs/4ast so not bad at all.

Overall, Lin has played better though. Hopefully Lin keeps playing well.

12. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Proof?

13. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

I hope tonight it's Dwight Howard and Blake Griffin on the matchup poster. I want to see Dwight make Blake cry like a little baby.

And may our Parsons continue to shine, carry over the momentum from the Jazz game.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You're using a 3 game sample size to say Lin has been slightly better, which I still don't agree with. The 82 games last year would be a better measure of who is a better player.

15. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

Putting Parsons or Lin as the third stars next to Harden and Howard is an insult to the H&H's talents. Right now, neither match up to them at all.

Raw, regular stats have Parsons as 2nd best last season, but advance stats have Parsons as third or fourth best, with a huge, huge gap between the 2nd best players on the team, Asik, and Lin/Parsons.

16. tada

tada Member

Why all the hate? I too think Jlin outplayed Parsons in past three games. That does not make me hate Parsons or LOF. It's the truth. If Parsons wants to be a third star on our team, he needs to be more consistent (also enough with fake three that seems to be atleast one travel call in every game...).
    There is no need for labeling others here. Just be happy that we have players and depth where any one player can carry us in each game...

17. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Don't know how good you can say those numbers are when Parsons was ranked around 23rd in player efficiency amongst his position last year. But as of now, Lin has been clearly better at his position than Parsons has been at his and an argument can be made that Garcia has out played him as well. Still early in the season though, but as of right now the Rockets have a BIG ONE on the offensive end in Harden and a group of guys who can step up and score on any giving night.

18. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Parsons gets a lot of love around here. People even go as far to say he shouldn't be traded unless the Rockets receive a star player in return which is completely ridiculous.

19. Fighton

Fighton Member

after 3 games, i'd say we only have 1 star. howard hasn't shown anything yet.

20. CXbby

CXbby Member

Newsflash #1: this whole thread is only talking about 3 games.

Newsflash #2: he was better all of last year too. Ask Daryl who was 3rd in contributing to wins after Harden and Asik.

#60 CXbby, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013