1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets to begin season with Beverley, Asik as starters; Jeremy Lin off bench

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Ultimate6thMan

Exactly, I'm black too. But the haters on this board act like everyone that supports Lin is a teenage Asian that only likes Lin and hates the rest of the Rockets. It's them that I worry are the real racists.

I would love to support Bev as my black brother as the teams best PG and starter. But the fact to me is that he is not and is more suited to come off the bench and be that defensive spark. But the haters can't make me not like Bev, I love him on our team and pray that he gets well soon and returns to the lineup. It's not Bev's fault if McHale starts him or plays him off he bench. Bev's job is to just play as hard and best as he can.

2. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I actually think it is more than just about their games. It's about personality. We've seen Lin get rattled on more than one occasion last year. When have you ever seen Bev doubt himself?

With Bev you know you're getting toughness from start to finish, but with Lin it's still a guessing game right now. Lin has to prove he can be the alpha dog, deny Harden the ball, and run the team himself. It is actually more than just "basketball". It's about leadership ability.

3. Ultimate6thMan

I totally agree with this!

4. ILoveWhiteGirls

I'm Jamaican, so???

5. Ultimate6thMan

It's not Lin's job to "deny" Harden the ball. Harden is our BIGGEST superstar, and as his teammate, you want to keep him happy. That's what professional egos are all about. You have to learn to get along. PGs also have to learn to keep their big men happy.

Lin just has to learn to be more aggressive, and stay aggressive, when Harden isn't dominating. But he has to give it to Harden when Harden wants to dominate, imho.

6. Ultimate6thMan

Is that why you love white gurls? :p lmao

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Agree with u 100 % pimpn.

8. Play07

Play07 Member

Feel you bro,

Lin has a poor man tony Parker's game that will only get better, he not going to put up 20 every night he is going to have his off games just like any player does in the NBA. (Expect CF to trip out and say he is inconsistent when that happens smh)

bev is night his offensive game is getting better, he plays with heart and has aggressive defense. So this prefect for us having a only 3 guard rotation. we don't have a back up SG and PG just one back up. So either way it goes Lin and bev are going to get their mins regardless. Harden and whoever starts has to get rest.

if Michael wants to be more effective he will start Lin for offensive purposes, we had one of the best offense in the league last year (if it's not broke don't fix it) only thing was asik couldn't finish around the rim that good and couldn't catch nifty passes that Lin harden like to throw. Now we have HOWARD so that makes the offense WAY BETTER. Lin is proven to excel in the p&r and can throw alleys what was mchale smoking or drinking that made him want to bench Lin I really don't know

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Already Big Timer

10. Play07

Play07 Member

You don't see nets saying oh Williams's and Johnson can't start let me bench one to be 6th man

you don't see MIA saying let me bench wade he needs ball and his hands to much like Lebron he's better off bench

Westbrook & KD this has been a ongoing issue but see they are a top west team when both healthy.

You keep your talent on the floor and it's a luxury to have two that can attack, I would hate to have to face harden and Lin it's lose lose situation, they going to get to run it's no stopping that

11. Play07

Play07 Member

When one has a off night you the other steps up. don't just call him off the bench when u need him when u know the potential is there, bev. Can adjust and become a playmaker just like Lin had to adjust to playing with harden.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Play07 LOL you are on here preaching today huh...Amen Brutha.

13. Ultimate6thMan

Real talk! Is that you?

14. Ultimate6thMan

For real. I bet OKC wish they still have Harden and could play him, Westbrook and Durant all as starters now!

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

No sir.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Question for you and Play07.

Do you gents think Coach McHale has an hinding agenda? Do you think this is coming from Morey? Since its a possibility Lin might be traded and Parson is due for a nice hefty contract.

17. SevenMinuteAbs

You act like Lin has no toughness. He probably leads the league in blood shed in the past two years.
    Yesterday he air balled a three and came back and locked down two huge shots. He has the ability to put up 38 on contenders. Bev just can't do that. I love Bev, he's really good, but you seem to forget what Lin can do and what he's done for this team.

18. zdrav

zdrav Member

Wow, we have the world's greatest psychiatrist here: Shortfuse3 can know what Lin's personality is just from watching TV and/or highlights!

I thought that the whole plan was to NOT make Lin be the alpha dog when you have Harden and Howard? I'm confused here.

19. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Good points. But it also about the trade. Morey is looking for the third star. Lin would be on of the players most likely to be involved in a trade. So they've been looking to get Bev established as the starter so he doesn't need to adjust to the role after a trade.

Morley sent me an email confirming this so I know it's true.

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

Sample size! We haven't seen Bev doubt himself because he hasn't even started for more than 10 games being at the top of opposing teams scouting reports.