1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley Injury [Update] Partial torn muscle, out 10-14 days

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Oct 30, 2013.

1. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

When you're out there for defense, of course it's bad. You cannot blame him because it's pick and roll?!?! The reason he is superior to Lin on defense is in part because he's supposed to fight through those picks. Plus on one of those pick and rolls he was over-aggressive in chasing Walker. That last basket was not contested "fairly well", go look at the tape again.

2. kastuul

kastuul Member

[​IMG]

I am not sure.
    Last year, defending spot-up shooter is Beverley biggest weakness.
    Lin was much better than him.

If you remember, the Rockets love to have Lin and Parsons to guard the opponent hot-handed shooter in the second half of season, not Harden or Beverley.

3. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Hard to analyze Beverley specifically when the other four starters were trash in the first half.... 81 games to go.. It's a marathon not a race... Good thing is the team played an ugly game and still pulled it out...

4. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Exactly, but the point is the perception is Bev is a better PnR defender cause he fights harder though and around picks, where as Lin plays more team defense and funnels the dribble to his teammate to force them to pass the ball away.

As we saw yesterday that was clearly the better strategy, Kemba was barely able to put up shots the 2nd half.

5. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Take that with the fact that some people just don't realize how good Kemba Walker is...

6. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

a lot of waste posts generated like this one simply because of trolling.
    The annoying things are that lots of people take the baits.
    Like you.

And I found that I take the baits too.

7. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I don't think that's "CLEARLY" the better strategy... That funneling stuff can get your big men in foul trouble. The best defense is to simply "TRY" to stay in front of your man... It worked last night in the second half _ can't argue with the result. But Charlotte is a trash team except for Kemba... Funneling against teams with other good players like San Antonio, Golden State, and OKC won't work...

8. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Agreed. Bev's normally a high energy player. Starting his first NBA game, the season opener, had to have had him amped up to over-drive. Gotta give him at least 5 games to settle down before a true analysis of how he opens a game.

9. kastuul

kastuul Member

[​IMG]

The table above is not telling the whole picture.
    Bev. sample size is too small.

Generally, the bigger the sample size, production rises and efficiency drops.

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

What were the Bobcats doing? Bev's ribs git hurt as did Harden's back.

It can be hard to breathe when running with injured ribs. More worrying is Harden's back that could linger for the entire season.

11. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Why are people even complaining about Bev? Sure he could've put better pressure on Kemba (and yes, that was my expectation as thats also the reason I support him starting), but he was great on the offensive end, made a spot-up 3 + offensive R followed by putback. He is and will be fine.

If anything, I thought Harden and Parsons were responsible for the ball getting sticking, not moving, & game pace slowing down in the 1Q/1stH. I doubt we see such a selfish/iso offense again.

12. ogh

ogh Member

Bev played good last night and should stay as a starter. I am not saying he is better than Lin, just this would be best for the team. Bev needs to calm down and not too hyped. Lin should keep playing like this.

The worst player last night was GaoFuShuai, he should pass more when his shots were not falling.

Harden needs to lower his minutes now to fully recover, otherwise it's going to be a long season for him and the Rockets.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Who? .

14. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

Though according to the LOH's, it doesn't hurt much and people should play through it or they are a wuss and have no heart. Well at least in Lin's case they said that... :eek:

#134 ed_tx, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  15. Play07

Play07 Member

HOU practice update: P. Beverley & J. Harden not practicing today after sustaining minor injuries last night. More info when practice wraps.- friedman

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

I see what you did there.

Parsons 3 assists, 0 turnovers, 5 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal.

Lin 2 assists, 2 turnovers.

17. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

Odd. I think he meant Garcia. However, even odder because his shots kept us in the game.

18. kastuul

kastuul Member

They should be careful.
    There are 4 games within 5 days.

I would rather rest Beverley 2 games, so he can be 100% and shut down CP3

19. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

The visual this created just cracked me up.