1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley Injury [Update] Partial torn muscle, out 10-14 days

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Oct 30, 2013.

1. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Hmmmmm...... this Harden iso all day causing Beverley to struggle does sound kind of familiar..... where have I heard it before..... :confused::grin:

2. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Tada, why are you complaining about Pat Bev, a guy who's basically still in his first year in the NBA, who has exactly 1 game of starting?

Pat Bev isn't a superstar, let alone an all-star. Focus your hatorade on the superstars of the team. That's where the blame of any team's failures should go.

But what did Pat Bev do to warrant your hate? Guy plays his ass off every night and doesn't even have a full year of NBA experience.

Give him time. You are calling for his head after......10 minutes of playing time in the first game?

This is a long season dude. Pat Bev is going to show why he's the starting PG on a championship level team.

3. bongman

bongman Member

Can we all have a discussion without insulting each other? I feel you are being too critical of his play.

Your point 1: As I mentioned, 4 of those 6 pts were due to pick n rolls. That creates a separation between the defender and the offensive player. The other pick and roll defender has to do a better job

Your point2 : He did not hesitate on those 2 open 3 ptrs. He just missed the other one. 50% is not bad.

Your point3: One of those turnovers was because he was going to pass to a wide open Garcia but he was not looking so he had a double dribble.

4. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Weren't the Lin fans trying to tell us that Lin was "basically a rookie" last season?

5. TheBornLoser

I wouldn't bother bringing up Lin here.... at least Lin performed like one half of the best backcourt in the NBA in his first 2 games as a starter.

6. tada

tada Member

Again, I am not hating but wants to see PBev succeed. If he does well, he will get praises. If not, he should take the criticism as well. Why can't I criticize a player without anybody labeling me as hater? I understand everyone wants to protect their fav player. However, I would like to voice my opinion and tell it like it is. So that we can analyze our players and hopefully they can improve upon them. Isn't that too much to ask?

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah and he was consistent as hell right?

8. vlaurelio

did you point this out on other player's thread? or you just make and exception for beverley?

9. tada

tada Member

I agree. Insulting one another gets nowhere. But PnR D has been PBev's weakness and it showed. He needs to improve on it. Maybe more experience will help. Again, Point 2 and 3 could be from first time starter jitters. But improvement would be needed. That's it from me. No more on this topic. I promise (until next game). :grin:

10. TheBornLoser

Better then an over-feted point guard who got slapped around in the playoffs by another backup point guard, who can't lead a unit on his own, who always needs one of JH or JL to be on court with him at all times, and who now just got spanked in his very first game as a starter in the NBA as well :rolleyes:

Look, I'm not interested in arguing about Lin vs Beverley here. Similarly, STFU when it comes to Lin and don't bring him up here. You're just gonna spoil the damn thread.

11. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

It's fine to analyze players, but calling a player out after playing 10 minutes in the first game of the season is irrational.

12. vlaurelio

thats my point.. this is his injury thread.. feel free point out all the wrong things he's done while he's down and injured

but at least give a fighting chance by acknowledging the right things he did.

for starters,
    1) he did make a three point shot without hesitation
    2) he did score 2 points on pure hustle - an offensive rebound and putback

now how many points did the rockets score in the first 6 minutes of play?

how many times did walker touched the ball in the first 6 minutes of play?

and just curious are you this critical on other senior player's mistakes? or just for first time reg season starter pbev?

13. tada

tada Member

Yes, it is irrational. But hey, this is CLUTCHFAN right? High expectations (Championship aspiration) should lead to higher amount of responsibility and criticism.

14. tada

tada Member

I disagree on the 1) he did hesitated and missed his first three. Because this is PBev's first time being a starter, we should analyze and see where he can improve.

15. eomor131

eomor131 Member

:eek::eek::eek:

16. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

how long have you been on this board? If the opposing PG scores a bucket on Lin you've got some posters calling for his head.

That's said this will not end until one of these guys goes out there and averages 16 points 8 assists, which isnt happening, so buckle your seat belts.

17. Fighton

Fighton Member

PnR D is a weakness of this TEAM, and always has been, not a weakness of a player. you can't defend PnR effectively all by yourself. it takes a team to defend PnR.

18. kastuul

kastuul Member

He was basically a rookie in NY.

Last year, Lin, Asik, Harden and Parsons didn't have the experience to start for the whole season.

They were getting better in Feb and Mar, but got tired in Apr.

Also, they couldn't allocate their energy on D and scoring very well.

Among them, Lin was the most inconsistent because he is the 3rd option and recovered from knee injury.

19. ccrystal99

ccrystal99 Member

McHale said that.:)

20. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Either Lin's prayers and or the millions of LOFs... To bad they got Lin banged up to... Karma...