1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass Q&A

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kumakun, Sep 14, 2013.

1. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

If I purchase League Pass Broadband, Will I be able to watch Rockets? Which is better? LPBB or Ball Streams? I know Ball Streams is illegal.

2. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

NBA League Pass Broadband has the same restrictions. Live games are blacked out if you're in the market. I'm not sure if it still works, but in the past people used a IP blocker/proxy which bypassed those restrictions on Broadband.

Depending on the verdict ofthe bankruptcy case, that might see CSN Houston finally being brought to other major carries, i.e. Directv and Dish Network.

3. jman7373

jman7373 Member

Where exactly is league pass on nba.com? I already purchased it. But when I click on league pass it takes me to the page where I purchased it

4. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

If you're doing it through your TV provider, you would activate with your account number from Directv, Comcast, etc over here

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/activate/

If it's just league pass broadband, just wait for the games to appear starting tomorrow (Orlando vs Indiana) looks to be the first game up. There should be an option to launch it through gameline on NBA.com or this link:

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/schedule/

You might also have to create a free NBA All-Access account and download their video player, Microsoft Silverlight.

5. peter2012

peter2012 Member

I want to try leagues pass on my tab, but it said I am in balckout area, but I can watch it using my PC with same account, why?

6. jman7373

jman7373 Member

Thanks man, appreciate it.

7. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

anybody not being able to watch replay of chicago:miami game this morning?

8. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Had to get on league pass support last night, again this year....

I don't know what it is about TWC, but every year there's a problem with BB activation, it seems.

In any case, they have live chat help this season (after 6pm?), and dude there fixed it up in seconds. Ready to roll now!

GO ROCKETS!

9. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

I'm in Austin as well. I called DirecTV last night to ask about NBALP so that I could watch all the Rockets games. I found it very odd that when I mentioned the Rockets, the CSR informed me that even with LP I wouldn't be able to see ANY Rockets games (other than the Nationally televised ones, of course)?! :confused:

I'm guessing that the CSR didn't know what she was talking about, but it was enough to make me hold off from ordering LP... at least for now

10. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I activated my free broadband account through November 5th- access all 30 teams home/away broadcast and archive access.

and I plan on using the free trial through my cable company to watch as many LP games as I can through the same trial period...

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Yeah, that rep was clueless. I purchased LP two consecutive years to watch the Rockets when I lived in San Marcos. Granted, I had cable though Grande. But I see no reason why that would make a difference.

12. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

Proxy always works because you are masking your actual IP with one that is outside your region where the black out restriction wouldn't apply.

13. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

I'll write up a review of the service after tonights game.

14. hardensanity

hardensanity Member

I tried to call and get league pass for free. The dude would not give it to me only a 50.00 credit. Maybe I will try again

15. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Why I can watch game using my PC but not my tab? It said I am in blackout area. I am in Canada, does anybody know?

16. hardensanity

hardensanity Member

This was with uverse. I tried to get a 50.00 credit for 3 months and that didnt work either. Persistence will pay off hopefully

17. AFS

AFS Member

I guess I should be able to confirm tonight whether I get the game or not, but as of right now it looks like I will be able to see it. I'm using LPBroadband though, so not sure if it's different than TV league pass.

18. C.C.Designs

C.C.Designs Member

Directv

I live in Houston and have directv, we get two free weeks of nba league pass and was wondering is the game on 757 going to be blacked out tonight? I called a lady from directv and she said it wasn't going to be, but I don't believe here.

19. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

I think it's just one week...I'm in the Golden Triangle w/DTV

The Rockets game will be blacked out, or at least it should be

20. C.C.Designs

C.C.Designs Member