1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNM calling out the Rockets organization

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketblood713, Oct 29, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Play07

Play07 Member

tell him !

2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

All of this talking about how lin fans view lins benching as a negative reminds me of people who bashed nba teams for sending guys down to the d-league. All teams are trying to do is maximise the talent to help the team in the short and long term.

I'm sure in a month or two all of these fans will concede it is the right move just like people have gradually accepted that sending guys to the d-league isn't saying "your not good enough" but a way of letting them play instead of riding the bench patty mills style (love my Australian starting PG).

Common sense will previel on CF's through to all his fans, a benching needs to be seen as a positive for the ROCKETS

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

These are the same scums that wished death upon McHale and Sampson and went as far as making fun of McHale's daughters death. As a n Asian these ****heads do not in anyway represent the Asian community and if all of them stopped watching basketball it'd be better for the NBA.

1 person likes this.
  4. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

There are idiotic people in any race. I know for fact that in a Lin fan site, almost all people condemned one poster who posted this kind of post.

5. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Who you think are buying the jerseys of these players Asia is NBA crazy they are flying NBA teams out there to play games out there..Open your eyes they know more basketball than ppl in America...your post was the most idiotic post I read on this board...I'm not of Asian descent and can see this

6. Jovial

Jovial Member

I'd rather be dropped in a den of starving honey bagdger then even read your post again.:cool:

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Linsanity was one of those flashes in the pan you're talking about.

Lin is so Linsanity, but not $14.5 million worth?

Yeah, no one is buying tickets to see Beverley: they're buying tickets to see THE ROCKETS. Is that a weird concept to you?

I think Lin has been a normal team member up to now. But if his fans really start a boycott, I think it will add a negative to his presence on the team.

1) Does everything have to be about money? 2) Rox only get 1/30 of the money from jersey sales. 3) I lived in China for nine years. I don't think Chinese know more about bball than Americans. Do you have some support for your claim?

Funny to see you mention bullying. Looks to me like the Lin fans are saying "We got money, we got numbers: do what we want or else we're gonna hurt your team!"

8. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Let me ask you something away from this post??

What defense do you think can break down a read and react offense that the Rockets most of the time when not running pick and roll?? Anyone can answer this question!!

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lol yeah the 200 Lin tards on Facebook are the only people who buy jerseys. Give me a ****ing break. People in China have been supporting the NBA long before Lin even existed and will continue to do so once Lin is gone. I don't know where this delusion come from where people just assume Lin is he backbone of people watching the NBA in Asia. Trust me for every 10 fans that chooses to boycott the NBA because of Lin there's another 100 million that will continue to support it in China.

10. alethios

alethios Member

the voice sounds like Microsoft Sam.

1 person likes this.
  11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

My God, those are a bunch of nutcases lol. Just read where some guy said that Harden/Dwight/CP/Asik orchestrated this because they're intimidated by starting with a "high profile guard." I just.....

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think PhiSlammaJamma is the same person as PhiSlamma. Both are '99ers and have been good posters here.

We don't know how many minutes Lin and Beverley each will play. See, that's what I've been saying. Everything is speculation and theory. And people act like it is already a fact.

We haven't played a single game yet. Lin may turn out playing more minutes than Bev. Or Lin may play a lot less than what he did last season. What I am quite sure is that no matter what happens, the whole Lin debate won't go away.

There are many possible scenarios. What I fear most is the scenario if Bev plays well as a starter but Lin plays poorly coming off the bench, then this place will EXPLODE. People will shout "Lin shouldn't be benched in the first place" on one side, and "Don't you see how Lin sucks and how Bev is clearly the better player" on the other side.

I don't want to be on CF if that happens. Seriously.

13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Well, I do not think there is a huge connection between Asian community and Lin. Even Chinese community does not have a huge connection with Lin because Lin is not from the mainland China. Asian community could get insulted by action of Lin fans in this website.

14. joelcwu

joelcwu Member

Not every LOF want Lin to start. Since Coach McHale hand the ball to Harden for the starting team, it's best possible outcome to become 6th man for Lin. I see it as an opportunity to explore what Lin can do best with our 2nd unit. It's a decision made by Organization, not Lin is an inferior player to Beverley. This is to play as a team, and Lin readily accept his new role. Now, let's see how the H+H pair work out, and do the needed adjustment at 2nd half of the season. Remember what Drems said earlier " the Howard and Lin combo are deadly"
    I'm happy to see this yrs Rockets are so deep in talents, many different line ups can be tried to explore opponents weakness. Let's go, we're ready.

15. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

If Lin didn't stand out so much in terms of his physical appearance, his demotion would be a non issue. Yes, there, I said it.

Jeremy Lin was given the starting job the second he signed with the Rockets. He didn't have to do anything to earn it. To say it's somehow owed to him is ridiculous.

As for McHale, it's baffling to me that people think a coach should be held accountable for the things he says about team strategy in the media.

16. hltiki

hltiki Member

Whenever I'm having a bad or slow day at work, I just go on CF and watch the ad hominems, name calling, **** throwing, and dick measuring (no homo) take place and somehow, time just flies by.

17. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

I agree. Rockets should never have signed him. Should have given the full time point guard job to Courtney Fortson.

18. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

See, there you are. Lin had to beat out a murderer's row of guys like Toney Douglas and Scott Machado. He shot 28% in the preseason last year, but he was never in danger of losing his spot. If he would have done that this year, the backup spot might have been in question.

19. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Well, it was clearly a mistake by the Rockets to sign Lin then. Afterall, Toney Douglas and Scott Machado are better than Lin according to some very reliable judges of talent.

But at least they rectified their mistake somewhat by making Beverley the starter for this team. Beverley has proven that was too good to lead the second unit, so it was natural for him to displace Lin in the starting lineup.

Seriously, what a waste of 8 million bucks / year for Lin's contract.

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Why do people keep talking about a "waste" of contract money?

Has Daryl Morey failed to make important moves he wanted to make because of Lin's contract? No.

Is Les a cheapskate? No.