1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets to begin season with Beverley, Asik as starters; Jeremy Lin off bench

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Oct 29, 2013.

1. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

And all you care about is your own delusion that some people only care about lin.

OCD is a b---. Get it treated. You're just feeding into your problem by posting here.

2. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Ya know, you might be right. Is there a way to ignore certain people?

I would like to block everyone that claims to be a fan of a player, not the team.

1 person likes this.
  3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Somebody lock this thread pleez.

4. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Go to your User CP

5. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Nice attempt at denial via passive aggressive ad hominem.

Everyone knows you're an OCD hater. You post nothing of content or value, and literally every post is a rant about the supposed bogeymen, the evil jlin fans.

You either have asperger's or OCD or both. You know it, I know it.

6. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Awww you used the word I taught you!! :grin::grin::grin:

7. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Nice ad hominem. Anything else? :grin:

Nothing of value, no content, no insight about the team, just a predictably weak burn. Keep trying, son!

8. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

It's two words, son. Get it right. :)

9. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I've never used that disscusting term and never will.

10. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

awesome, thanks for the instructions... would give you rep if i had the ability.

11. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

All you care about is lin fans.

O.

C.

D.

12. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

FWIW, I'm Asian, and while Gran Torino was a really good film, my skin really crawled throughout.

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Some examples: LOF #1 says he stops watching the game when Lin goes to the bench and no one will remember Beverley five years from now. LOF #2 says now that Lin is not starting, he--the LOF--can get ten minutes extra sleep. LOF #3 wishes Lin would get traded from the Rockets so he can show all his talents on a more reasonable team. LOF's insult McHale constantly. They fill the board with ugliness, not enjoyment. That's not fandom.

I think a lot of people can understand that Asian-American is not the same as Asian, but at the same time, this team had Yao for his whole career, and it seems, to me at least, like the "Asian" aspect of Lin not so revolutionary.

14. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

yea, mine too... it was incredibly uncomfortable.

15. TheJet

TheJet Member

Wow. So because you see it in the movies it's OK? I know plenty of Asians that defy what you're calling "real life" right here in Houston. And you said it, not me. It sounds like you need to take a long hard look in the mirror "son".

And the last time I checked, an NBA superstar is a higher honor than an All-Star. Every year there are all stars that never become superstars.

16. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Nah, you just go with passive aggressive weak burns, ie stick to ping pong. How many times have you tried using that btw?? lmao!

Your obsession with lin fans is just a sign of your multiple psychiatric disorders. Your inability to focus on anything besides lin fans is simply a symptom of your OCD. There is a good chance you have apserger's as well. You don't seem to get out much.

This is the prison of your own creation. Get out. Enjoy life. Stop feeding into your weird, twisted obsession with lin fans.

17. platypus

platypus Member

While i respect the decision, I have to say i don't agree with it. In my eyes jeremy helped us make the playoffs last year and did a lot to work on his game in the summer.

And the only way he should have lost his starting role is if he was outplayed by patrick on a consistent basis. To which i do not think he was.

What concerns me is beverly's playmaking ability which is suspect. However this will help our team in the long run as it will force lin to elevate his game to possibly regain his starting spot.

Oh and i think mchale pulled a kubiack by not coming out and just saying he is naming bev the starter.

18. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

This debate has nothing to do with lin at all. It has nothing to do with the rockets. It's a great expose of the personalities behind the posts, and more specifically their psychological disorders.

htown: anal-retentive control freak.

spiegel: closet race baiter and suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder.

Basketball has nothing to do with this debate; those clowns have strange fixations that their brains can't let go of. Very interesting.

19. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

It was irresponsible on mchale's part. But the person who should hold him accountable (lin) won't. Mchale's indecisiveness and lack of willingness to take accountability is slowing revealing itself.

20. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

The problem is, those two are scorers. Scoring off the bench makes great sense but it's extremely rare for facilitating PGs to come off the bench. It's very common in fact, for SGs in PGs bodies to play combo guard, like Delk, Dixon, House, pretty classic. I can't think of a elite passing PG coming off the bench for a non star PG. Well, this might be the first ever. Coincidentally it's also the most scrutinized because of many factors, not least:

Something in this vein has probably been said to or thought of about Lin when he applied to college and maybe when he wanted to try for the NBA. Things and people might have changed but some are taught that this is not good. Hey, but what do you do? People have their own freedom of thought. People in power can do what they want. Normal people can say what they want to say. It is what it is. Sad but true.