1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets to begin season with Beverley, Asik as starters; Jeremy Lin off bench

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Oct 29, 2013.

1. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

I cannot stand this.

Perhaps you should be a pioneer and start a Jeremy Lin website where Lin fans can get together to discuss all things Jeremy Lin!!

Because fans of the team, in this case the Houston Rockets, don't want to hear this constant JLin drivel. Team > Player. Championship > Player.

2. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Dude, you live in your uncle's basement and play video games 12 hours a day. There is no "code" you live by. Seriously the dumbest, most self aggrandizing post I've seen today.

Go back to trolling on stormfront, son. :)

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

What does zipperhead mean anyway?I don't recall calling anyone zipperhead. As for Lin, I said he will be scoring 17 points a game and will be beasting. Plus he is a great teammate.

4. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Preach, son, preach!

5. zdrav

zdrav Member

Perhaps this is off-topic, but what's with this idea that supporting a team because of its players makes you a "fake" fan? In team sports, it's very difficult to root for a player and NOT root for the team as well, and vice versa.

Are you saying that true fandom is supporting a city? What if the Rockets moved to, say, Seattle? And a new Houston team with a new team name was created? Would true Rockets fans support the relocated team or the new Houston team?

Who cares what a fans reasons for supporting a team are? Not all of us are from Houston or have ties there. Some of us become fans of certain teams because of players. Quite frankly, I find it much stranger to become a fan of a team because of its geographical location, which has very little to do with basketball.

I see nothing wrong with supporting a team because of a player.

6. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

two words for ya:

ad hominem

while you are busy looking that up, i suggest you worry about the well being of the team, not just one component.

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Says sene who probably never played a minute of ball but call himself imrealballa. lool .Stick to ping pong.

8. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

So why are some posters mad? You play to win the game! As a collective unit.

9. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

you are SOOO salty that Lin is on the bench.

LOL

to be honest, i hope Brooks passes Lin on the depth chart. Sorry Lin, your fans have ruined you for me. Just like phish.

10. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Once you put that said player above the teams interest you are entering Fake fan domain like imrealballa.

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

because all they care about is lin.

12. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Three words for ya: lighten up, freak.

This is a message board about basketball. If you can't tolerate an opinion that's different from yours, then clone yourself, give them a bunch of computers, create a series of sock accounts and have at it. You'll be much happier this way.

No one is here to cater to you and to your hate of jeremy lin. I know you're used to mommy wiping your chin, and feeding you your favorite formula and running to you when you whine, but the world doesn't operate like that.

I know, I know, the world is such a hard, cruel place. (cue violins). No one want to wuv you and agwee wif you about how bad bad the win fans awe. You poor baby! You cry and cry and cry, yet there's no milk!

Waaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He is trying to say that many of Lin's fans cross the line by putting Lin above the good of the Rockets and are doing so on a site dedicated to the Rockets no less. Those are what we consider fake Rockets fans and a pollution to this site.

14. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

Honest question: why do you post in this forum? If you don't support the Rockets, why are you here? There are JLin forums.

15. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Welp, my ignore list has grown by one more poster.

16. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

90% of your posts are complaints about lin fans. You create your own reality. :)

Keep b****in' and you'll get more.

If you had anything going on in your life, this sh-- would be totally irrelevant. Since you don't, you NEED to create a bogeyman to sh-- on, and to fear.

Get your life together. Stop being such a whiny, hateful b---. :)

I love you too, man. :grin:

17. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

What the hell zipperhead mean anyway?

18. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Have you ever seen Gran Torino? Clint Eastwood uses that term and just about every derogatory slur towards Asians there is.

19. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Honest question: why don't you acknowledge that jlin is a rocket? Oh, because he's........yeah, good job, stan.

20. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

This dude s out of his tree!