1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNM calling out the Rockets organization

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketblood713, Oct 29, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

This dude looks so much like that guy who does the boxing videos on Youtube. ESNews I think.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This was a decent podcast. McHale has tainted a bad picture on an otherwise very reputable organization.

3. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

I like Patrick, respect Patrick, and am happy for Patrick. I have repeatedly told people who are Lin fans not to hate on Patrick Beverley. Guy got a chance and is making the most out of it. Similar to Lin in New York. Good for him, and good for the team.

I have also repeatedly said to Lin fans that the competition between Patrick and Jeremy is good for both players, including Jeremy. Some people who like Lin want to protect him from competition. I am not one of those people.

I am at peace with Patrick starting. I understand the reasoning behind it, or what I believe to be the reasoning behind it. Now, I may have made a different decision, but I respect the decision.

Both players have played well in the preseason and the team made a choice. So we move on, even as we may have differing opinions as fans about how things are going and what decisions should be made.

1 person likes this.
  4. TeamBall

TeamBall Member

What is the deal with "benched"? When the coach changes a lineup to match the opposing team, then a player is benched? Demoted? SMH!

1 person likes this.
  5. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

Probably because the reason given for closing was a bit hypocritical in light of this thread being open: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=245464

The reason the Clutch Crew originally gave for closing this thread was that since since Paul/Philslamma/Conservative News Media was a member of CF, he could post his thoughts and didn't need a thread on his CNM stuff.

But then you see that Jeff (a 99'er on the Clutch Crew) is allowed to have a thread open for his Houston Press stuff, and not closed just because he's a member here and able to post his thoughts. It's only fair that Paul (a 99'er Philslamma) gets to keep his own thread for his Conservative New Media stuff.

6. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

Basically, you are saying you don't have a problem with the decision made but you do have some issues with "how" the decision was made. I also feel that Rockets coaches could have been more upfront about it. Many people saw it coming 1 year ago. It's too bad because if you remember, first two games after Harden joined Rockets where both Harden and Lin started, they were awesome, partly because Harden at that time played more like a SG. Anyway, I don't believe Lin will be treated as a 6th Man but as just another bench player who plays around 25 minutes per game. We will see.

7. persons

persons Member

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/...e-fails-coaching-101-as-kubiak-stands-strong/

"Kubiak coaches belief into players. If you can play, he'll give you a shot. McHale seems determined to take belief away from Jeremy Lin. You don't have to play poorly to be downgraded. Not if you're not one of McHale's Chosen Ones. Funny, how Omri Casspi having arguably a better preseason than Beverley has never put Chandler Parsons' starting job in jeopardy."

8. NotChandlerParsons

Hahahahahahaha oh my god this is amazing.

9. supermang

supermang Member

PhiSlamma, i respect your fanhood but i disagree with several of your views. You are operating under the assumption that you have complete information, which you dont. Your scope of reference is the preseason games youve watched, where beverly and lin both played well. But for all you know, beverley has been outplaying lin in every single practice, and has earned the starting spot in the eyes of the rockets front office.

You seem hung up on public relations, and you state multiple times in your video that "lin deserves to be treated with more respect". No, he doesn't. He is being paid $25 million to be a professional. Do you think respect is an inherent human right that is linked to employment? I work in investment banking and I am treated like trash, but I chose to work in this profession because I get paid exorbitantly, in lieu of respect. Again, its called being a professional. Coaches don't owe players or the media a lick of explanation for their decisions. In fact, both Jeff Van Gundy and Rick Adelman would demote players to the bench without so much as a word to the player or the media.

Obviously lin is a special situation since he has a large following of super sensitive fans, but if you think public relations would have gone smoother if McHale came out from the start with the truth that beverley has supplanted lin in the starting lineup because he is the superior player, then you are delusional. It wasnt the smoothest way for the Rockets to break the news, but it was at least a small attempt to placate the cult following that surrounds lin, which is more than they deserve.

Either way i love both our pgs and i cant want for the season. happy hunting.

2 people like this.
  10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

This is a forum, not the official Rockets site. Jeremy has a little more interest on here than you might like. There is always the option to not open the thread.

11. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

I'm not sure that the moderators made the decision for the reason you may have thought they did, but I'm not sure. And I don't need to know.

I don't come to ClutchFans to promote my videos. I have talked about this before here. Why not? Because Clutch has his own YouTube channel and I respect Clutch. No one has ever told me I couldn't do that, couldn't promote my videos here, but it's just not something I have ever tried to do and probably never will do. This is why I don't have a YouTube link to my channel in my signature, for example.

Clutch, and this site, is one of the only people, and sites, that have been around on the internet talking about basketball for as long as I have that I am aware of. I respect what Clutch has built, and I'm not trying to interfere with what he has built.

Anyone who has been around the internet for any period of time knows that ClutchFans is THE premier NBA fan site of all sites. That's why I come here. If you want to talk Rockets, then this is the place to come do so.

This will probably be my final post in this thread. I said what I needed to say and now I will move on. Just for the record, I have no problem with people criticizing my work or calling me out. If I did have a problem with that, then I shouldn't make any videos in the first place. Just as I or others can criticize a player or a team, I am also not immune from criticism.

That's how it works.

2 people like this.
  12. NYK Fan

NYK Fan Rookie

Except we've known that from day one, McHale hated Jeremy, based on how he treated him last year, and how he treats him this year.

Last year, McHale kept pulling out Jeremy when we were ahead, and we'd lose the lead, and then he would have to reluctantly put Lin back in to try to reclaim that lead.

Should be interesting to see how this experiment fares. I'm going to guess this won't bode well long term, and may very well cripple our chances to win a championship.

Sometimes, it only takes one piece to complete a starting line up to compete for a championship, and it only takes one piece to be taken away to handicap it.

By the way, he does ramble on, but if you listen to what he's saying in the video, he has a valid complaint. This is not how you treat a player who could be part of the Rocket's future.

Bev is a role player, Lin on the other hand has a huge upside yet to be reached. If this pisses Lin off enough, watch him develop into the player we need, and then elects to walk away because of an idiot coach who doesn't know how to manage talent.

13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

What clown

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

1 person likes this.
  15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The McHale hates Lin theory. One of my favorites. Complete fabrication to some how rationalize how someone could believe their favorite guy could ever be thought of as anything but the best option in every scenario.

Please do Rockets fans a favor and refrain the "we and our" crap. You are a Knick fan and a Lin fan, not a Rockets fan.

1 person likes this.
  16. hooroo

hooroo Member

stop giving these people clicks

17. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I'd rather be dropped in a den of starving honey badgers then ever listen to this dude talk again

18. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

That guy was over the top, but it's not like McHale was totally loved by his PGs...

[​IMG]

19. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

His voice is booooooooring. How in hell did he make it in talk radio?

1 person likes this.
  20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

That was one player and that was Lowry having a problem with McHale, not the other way around. Not to mention Lowry was a known hot head.

Every word coming from Jeremy has been positive about his relationship with McHale.

McHale hating a player he started every game and gave the 3rd most minutes per game to is like I said before a fabrication to rationalize why their favorite guy was regarded as not the best option at certain points in games.