1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 10/21/2013 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 20, 2013.

1. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

probably Parsons
    Asik will be on Dalembert
    and i will put Howard on Marion
    since his 3pts% drop after leaving PHX
    i'll give him the green light to shoot those 3

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am predicting that this will go better than expected. Especially, if Howard plays PF and Asik plays C. I just think that combo would be lethal. A front line of Parsons, Howard, and Asik; who is going to score at the rim?

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

Ignore this guy he is a moron

4. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

If it's going to work, Howard needs to be the one guarding the paint. His presence near the basket is enough to make players think twice about shooting close shots. Asik is a good defender, but he doesn't have that effect on the opposition. That's why I think Howard is best suited to play at the 5 and Asik at the 4 in most situations in which the two of them are playing together.

5. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

No no... you don't ignore people when they say things you agree with. You only ignore them when they say things you disagree with. What kind of internet forum poster are you?

He thinks Rockets are stacked, ergo brilliant analysis from the enemy side.

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

No he seriously is a dumb poster. It has nothing to do with the Rockets. The other day he said Monta Ellis is the best player on the Mavs. Better than Dirk. Would you trust the opinions of a writer that said dumb stuff like that?

7. bmd

bmd Member

Well, if Asik or Howard get pulled out near the perimeter, they are more likely to get beat. If they get beat, then everybody else has to rotate and help.

That's when defense starts to break down. When people over-help or help too late.

If Asik gets beat, and Howard helps, somebody else will have to protect the basket.

8. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Absolutely not.

Except when he says Rockets win finals, at which point his reasoning is top notch.

The important lesson here is to selectively cherry pick facts and opinions to support your own preexisting notions of the truth. Reasoned analysis is for fools and charlatans who don't understand the bigger picture. Objective truth is pointless in this new and, dare I say, better world.

9. JBar

JBar Rookie

Once again demonstrating your admiration for Swift, Jas..taguy

10. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Don't know what you are talking about.

Beverley to start, JLin sixth man of the year, Harden MVP, Howard DPOY, Rockets win Finals. Every one of these things has been reported as a possibility, and sometimes not even on Bleacher Report. I have decided they are all true. Happiest preseason ever.

11. JBar

JBar Rookie

Sure thing, Jastaguy. (So those rumors about the Kool-Aid at the Toyota Center are true...)

12. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Ticket prices are ridiculous...

13. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

yea agreed

i think best to just watch it on the free online streams

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I cant get passed the idea that Asik (when defending stretch 4's) is going to get burnt again and again when trying to defend away from the basket.

15. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

we should have dwight guard the 4 and asik guard the 5

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Dirk is fast like a sf. He killed Ibaka and Gasol because he is quicker than those two. I put my money that Asik can keep up if not put chandler on that boy. Brrrrrrrr

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Perhaps against Dirk, yes. But I was thinking broader. Like all the other 4's in the league he would have to defend.

18. espymu

espymu Member

I worked at one of the floors.

19. Yellow

Yellow Member

20. dje243

dje243 Member

Can't Wait...

[​IMG]