1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass Q&A

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kumakun, Sep 14, 2013.

1. ProjectRockets

I purchased TV NBA League Pass through verizon fios and live in Boston. Does any know if preseason games are possible via that set up? Other than my verizon account showing that I have NBA League Pass, I can't tell if I can actually watch anything on TV or online or anything. NBA League Pass sucks for this.

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Yeah, you'll be fine.

3. moose

moose Member

I've activated my LPBB, but I can't find the launch link. Is it not up yet?

4. dje243

dje243 Member

They should have sent you a confirmation link to your email. Once the season starts you can click that link and save it to your favorites. Or at least that's what they did for me.

5. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Yep. The DirecTV just renewed my contract automatically, I had to call to cancel it after I saw the statement.

6. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

I've heard that while DirecTV has every game in HD, Comcast only had 1 game per night in HD. Does anyone know if this is true and/or still the case?

7. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

it depends. i have u-verse. it doesn't broadcast preseason games. you should be able to see regular season games. want to watch preseason? try some online sources.

8. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I've heard something similar as well. Still waiting to pull the trigger on Directv.

9. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

That has been the case in the past regarding HD, not sure if that's changed or not for cable customers.

10. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Go to the league pass channels on your TV at night time when there is a game on.

DirecTV airs pre-season games

11. Scionxa

This is still true. I had Comcast and Time Warner Cable (lived in Austin for a few months) last season and only one game in HD per night.

I had DirecTV toward the end of the regular season around April and every game was in HD on league pass for DirecTV

12. Scionxa

It's not up yet for broadband unfortunately.

13. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

Wow... pretty inexcusable for Comcast to have only one game in HD in 2013...

14. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I think that's the case for all cable companies (Comcast, TWC, etc...). I believe I read somewhere that they don't have the channel space or bandwidth to accomodate every game in HD.

15. Scionxa

Yes, you are absolutely correct. They don't have the bandwidth to squeeze that many channels out of a QAM tuner.

16. ProjectRockets

ok, so can i or can i not watch preseason games with nba league pass through verizon fios?

17. MichaelG281713

I bought an appletv. You can watch LP broadband on it. Has archives and everything.

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

it's been mentioned, no.

the Rockets will have had 4 out of their 7 preseason games televised once it's time for regular season next week.

19. Scionxa

It's been mentioned before. If you bought the TV version. DEPENDING ON YOUR PROVIDER (meaning it's up to you to find out, no one in Houston has FIOS) you may get pre-season games. Like I mentioned before, DirecTV DOES do pre-season NBA games. Go to the league pass channels on FIOS, if there is something on the guide, you select the channel, and tune to it. If you see a picture, well apparently you're getting nba league pass. If not, you'll have to wait until the regular season starts

20. TheresTheDagger

I live in Montana. Last year, I purchased NBA League pass for TV through my carrier (at the time Optimum TV). I wasn't all that happy with them as they only offered the games in SD...NO HD...ugh. In addition to that, I found out that just because you purchase LP for TV, that doesn't automatically mean you also get NBA LP for Broadband and/or Mobile despite what it says on NBA.com.
    Apparently it depends on the cable carrier, and mine last year didn't offer it.

Three months ago, my cable provider (Optimum) was bought out by Charter communications. I stopped by the Charter offices today to purchase league pass. At this point, they don't have it available which blew me away. Apparently they are in "negotiations" to provide it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Which brings me to my question. For those that purchased Broadband last year, how was the quality? I am especially interested in knowing how it went for those of you who used it through Apple TV. Did you have difficulty with signal reception often? How was the "DVR" control? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.